Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 2, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #45,151 of 75,272
I...but in the meantime I'd like to ask everybody out there that already owns the Chaconnes (both of you that is, @antdroid and @ClieOS)... How do they stack up against the Shozy BKs?

I think I like my balanced BK just a little more. Technically they are not actually very far from each other - but Chaconne's tuning sounds a bit bland to me, where BK easily excels in the mid-range.

Oct 2, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #45,154 of 75,272
Mochill is that BBB V1 SE thing available from stores that are not alibaba .

Oct 2, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #45,155 of 75,272
I just got my Headroom MS-16's in today. Wow! I have lots of buds and some open back headphones but I don't think I've ever experienced "open" like this. When I'm not playing music through them it's like I don't even have anything in my ears. I can hear straight through them. All the music I've played sounds excessively spacious. Definitely a new (to me) exciting sound to add to my rotation.

Oct 2, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #45,156 of 75,272
Thanks for the feedback @ClieOS :) Those BKs seem to be hard to beat. (At least, I've not yet found an earbud I prefer.)
@antdroid?!?

The Chaconne is still in transit so I haven’t received them yet. I have not heard the Shozy BK either, and had been reluctant to buy them because I hadn’t been impressed with any of Shozy’s IEMs that I have tried, in fact would rate a couple of them amongst the worst IEMs I’ve heard. Moondrop is the reverse of that, which was why I was willing to take a gamble. That said, I did find the newest Shozy Form 1.1 nice for its price and maybe that gives me enough confidence, along with the positive feedback here to try the BK too. It looks like it’s on Amazon Prime too.

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #45,159 of 75,272
Still no impressions about the new Smabat M1 Pro ?

M1 Pro Feedback from the Japanese Amazon, translated via Google translate

"I already purchased smabat ST10 from Amazon. Compared to ST10, the sound quality is less solid and softer, making it easier to hear vocals. Since the size is smaller than ST10, ears do not hurt even when worn for a long time. Compared to the Chinese earphones re-cable **** BK2 earphones used in the main, it seems to be the main role change inferior. I think that it is as described in the product description, “Overall soft tone, warm and glossy vocals are good. And the sense of sound field is wide and clear.” Many people who purchased that ST10 was super solid and the vocal was weak against the sound of hard gachigachi had reviewed it, so the manufacturer released a product that improved (changed the diaphragm?) It ’s time to think. Due to the goodness of the M1 pro, the ST10 is likely to disappear."

61-mb9I1myL._SL1600_.jpg

71PVOk9I35L._SL1600_.jpg

71iyHTDwWNL._SL1600_.jpg

71Jh3c4tjSL._SL1600_.jpg

Oct 3, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #45,161 of 75,272

"I already purchased smabat ST10 from Amazon. Compared to ST10, the sound quality is less solid and softer, making it easier to hear vocals. Since the size is smaller than ST10, ears do not hurt even when worn for a long time. Compared to the Chinese earphones re-cable **** BK2 earphones used in the main, it seems to be the main role change inferior. I think that it is as described in the product description, “Overall soft tone, warm and glossy vocals are good. And the sense of sound field is wide and clear.” Many people who purchased that ST10 was super solid and the vocal was weak against the sound of hard gachigachi had reviewed it, so the manufacturer released a product that improved (changed the diaphragm?) It ’s time to think. Due to the goodness of the M1 pro, the ST10 is likely to disappear."

61-mb9I1myL._SL1600_.jpg

71PVOk9I35L._SL1600_.jpg

71iyHTDwWNL._SL1600_.jpg

71Jh3c4tjSL._SL1600_.jpg
Is that an accurate translation? I've no idea what the terms solid, glossy would mean in relation to frequency response. I'm guessing soft means less treble?

Oct 3, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #45,162 of 75,272

61-mb9I1myL._SL1600_.jpg

71PVOk9I35L._SL1600_.jpg

71iyHTDwWNL._SL1600_.jpg

71Jh3c4tjSL._SL1600_.jpg

Glad I clicked on your spoiler! So, you have the M1 Pro - excellent.

And I see that you enjoy many of the buds that I enjoy (Kube V1, Sabia V7, Willsound MK2). How do you like the ST10's in comparison?

Ah, I just found this quote from you:
I have St10/vido/b40/willsound mk1 mk2 mk3 too

Its true. Willsond MK2 is not perfect but I like it more than Smabat ST-10 and all my earbuds are in signature.

Interesting. I love the MK2's, but I have a really hard time figuring out which buds I like the most. For example, right now I'm listening to the ME80's and really loving them. I think the "problem" is that they are all great, and that my brain adjusts to them easily.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your M1 Pro impressions!

Oct 3, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #45,163 of 75,272
I just got my Headroom MS-16's in today. Wow! I have lots of buds and some open back headphones but I don't think I've ever experienced "open" like this. When I'm not playing music through them it's like I don't even have anything in my ears. I can hear straight through them. All the music I've played sounds excessively spacious. Definitely a new (to me) exciting sound to add to my rotation.
Sounds nice, I don't have one but the shell interest me. Did you buy the cheap 4-5usd version (Ollivan, Hangrui etc) or the 7-8usd one? I'm not sure if these are the same or different.

Oct 3, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #45,164 of 75,272
Sounds nice, I don't have one but the shell interest me. Did you buy the cheap 4-5usd version (Ollivan, Hangrui etc) or the 7-8usd one? I'm not sure if these are the same or different.
I have both (Headroom and Ollivan) and they are the same, i.e. excellent. The ones from Ollivan took longer to be delivered for some reason, though, and came without the branded packaging. Well built and great value for money.

Oct 3, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #45,165 of 75,272

Users who are viewing this thread

Back