Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 25, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #43,756 of 75,701
Bell-Ti, both low and high impedance version, are definitely ToTL. A well driven Zen 2 black or white, as well as a well driver Zeva Lord.E also fit the bill. Again, there might be a few I missed as I am not really counting here - this should tell you there are more ToTL earbuds on the market these days than just about anytime in history. We are not the dying breed.

I'm still so damn on the fence about getting the Zeva Lord.E. The standard MX500 shell throws me off, despite knowing its quite a good fit. There's also the MMCX version too.

Are they working on new TOTL models or is it a good bet to just get the Lord.E now?

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #43,757 of 75,701
I'm still so damn on the fence about getting the Zeva Lord.E. The standard MX500 shell throws me off, despite knowing its quite a good fit. There's also the MMCX version too.

Are they working on new TOTL models or is it a good bet to just get the Lord.E now?

No idea.

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #43,758 of 75,701
Today at work, I enjoyed using my Zishan DSD as a USB DAC for my PC, driving my VE Zen 2.0 ZOE with the Balanced output - listening to a Tidal Vocal Jazz playlist.
Even with the 300-Ohm Zen, the Volume on the DSD only needed to be turned up to 15-16 (out of 30) - to be plenty loud and drown out office noise.

Jul 26, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #43,759 of 75,701
Today at work, I enjoyed using my Zishan DSD as a USB DAC for my PC, driving my VE Zen 2.0 ZOE with the Balanced output - listening to a Tidal Vocal Jazz playlist.
Even with the 300-Ohm Zen, the Volume on the DSD only needed to be turned up to 15-16 (out of 30) - to be plenty loud and drown out office noise.

I am thinking of getting the Hiby R6 Pro (since the R3 isn't really doing it for me) and getting some nice balanced earbuds to go with it.

Would the R6 Pro would be able to drive the VE Zen 2.0 well? I'd rather just go straight DAP to headphones if possible, since I often have the DAP in my pocket and want to avoid excess gear.

If anybody has a better recommendation for earbuds and DAP in a similar price range, I'm all ears...

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #43,762 of 75,701
Who knows about the sound upgraded kc08 40 ohm?
https://www.shenzhenaudio.com/ostry...oofer-hifi-dynamic-music-phone-earphones.html
2097882331-1041284910.jpg

Jul 28, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #43,764 of 75,701
3 month back i went for smabat st10 since i liked the reviews pretty much, i never received it though :D

Iam going to dispute for refund, but kept reading about more earbuds, came across the rose masya pro in budget, i think from what i read it would be better over all but iam a bit worried about the bass , since i really liked what i read about the smabat bass, should i just add the difference towards the masya pro, or reorder the st10 ?

To avoid repeated questions, I searched online, also through this thread and found no direct comparison, found one with the original masya, but it is said that bass improved on the pro version.

I heard none of them.
The original masya had a rounded but fairly subdued bass. Sub bass was particularly subdued. Although it could be EQ'd in somewhat. Compared to the Mojito it could be considered bass light. I don't know about the Masya pro other than what I've read but I don't think it is going to be a massive quantity increase from the old masya only a minor change. So if you want impactful bass you may want to look elsewhere like the Willsound MK2 MMCX. It's around $32 without cable. You could buy a cable separately from aliexpress or elsewhere.

I always like to recommend the Willsound as a starting bud that's not strictly in the budget category because it does everything well enough and has a pretty versatile sound and almost everyone here owns one lol! So you can use it as a reference when buying new earbuds.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #43,765 of 75,701
I am thinking of getting the Hiby R6 Pro (since the R3 isn't really doing it for me) and getting some nice balanced earbuds to go with it.

Would the R6 Pro would be able to drive the VE Zen 2.0 well? I'd rather just go straight DAP to headphones if possible, since I often have the DAP in my pocket and want to avoid excess gear.

If anybody has a better recommendation for earbuds and DAP in a similar price range, I'm all ears...
Zen is a bit dark but maybe that's what you're looking for. Also it's used without foams, so it's not going to have much sub bass extension without any seal.

I thought the penon bs1 official paired particularly well with my hiby R6 (non pro version) while I had it. Sounded really engaging. But that earbud has a fairly heavy cable compared to most. For me that's a problem but for others Its not an issue.

Fantastic earbud that's build, looks and sound are very premium but the cable practicality is only so-so. You can get it in 2.5mm balanced too.

I'd take it over the zen 2.0 for sound though. Better balance sweeter upper mids but retains good vocal body. Not neutral but neither is the Zen.

I felt at first it was a little light on the sub bass, but going back to it I feel it has jist enough for most genres other than EDM or bass orientated tracks. Maybe burn in did something or maybe it was just my brain adjusting. You get better bass with foams than the zen 2.0 without foams that's for sure, both in quantity and in presentation. Better highs too, very smooth but has sparkle. The zen 2.0 has recessed highs in comparison.

Keep in mind im not dissing the zen, i like it for what it is, a very dark but fairly detailed and very relaxing sound.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #43,766 of 75,701
Zen is a bit dark but maybe that's what you're looking for. Also it's used with foams, so it's not going to have much sub bass extension without any seal.
Shouldn't that be 'without foams'?

Jul 28, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #43,767 of 75,701
The original masya had a rounded but fairly subdued bass. Sub bass was particularly subdued. Although it could be EQ'd in somewhat. Compared to the Mojito it could be considered bass light. I don't know about the Masya pro other than what I've read but I don't think it is going to be a massive quantity increase from the old masya only a minor change. So if you want impactful bass you may want to look elsewhere like the Willsound MK2 MMCX. It's around $32 without cable. You could buy a cable separately from aliexpress or elsewhere.

I always like to recommend the Willsound as a starting bud that's not strictly in the budget category because it does everything well enough and has a pretty versatile sound and almost everyone here owns one lol! So you can use it as a reference when buying new earbuds.

Thanks sean,

Appreciate your input !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back