1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. DBaldock9
    Today at work, I enjoyed using my Zishan DSD as a USB DAC for my PC, driving my VE Zen 2.0 ZOE with the Balanced output - listening to a Tidal Vocal Jazz playlist.
    Even with the 300-Ohm Zen, the Volume on the DSD only needed to be turned up to 15-16 (out of 30) - to be plenty loud and drown out office noise.

2. skycracksopen
    I am thinking of getting the Hiby R6 Pro (since the R3 isn't really doing it for me) and getting some nice balanced earbuds to go with it.

Would the R6 Pro would be able to drive the VE Zen 2.0 well? I'd rather just go straight DAP to headphones if possible, since I often have the DAP in my pocket and want to avoid excess gear.

If anybody has a better recommendation for earbuds and DAP in a similar price range, I'm all ears...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  3. deco cat
    DBaldock9 likes this.
  4. crabdog
    I don't use EQ.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  5. golov17
  6. cathee
    WoodyLuvr and DBaldock9 like this.
  7. seanc6441
    The original masya had a rounded but fairly subdued bass. Sub bass was particularly subdued. Although it could be EQ'd in somewhat. Compared to the Mojito it could be considered bass light. I don't know about the Masya pro other than what I've read but I don't think it is going to be a massive quantity increase from the old masya only a minor change. So if you want impactful bass you may want to look elsewhere like the Willsound MK2 MMCX. It's around $32 without cable. You could buy a cable separately from aliexpress or elsewhere.

I always like to recommend the Willsound as a starting bud that's not strictly in the budget category because it does everything well enough and has a pretty versatile sound and almost everyone here owns one lol! So you can use it as a reference when buying new earbuds.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Willber, kingdixon and WoodyLuvr like this.
  8. seanc6441
    Zen is a bit dark but maybe that's what you're looking for. Also it's used without foams, so it's not going to have much sub bass extension without any seal.

I thought the penon bs1 official paired particularly well with my hiby R6 (non pro version) while I had it. Sounded really engaging. But that earbud has a fairly heavy cable compared to most. For me that's a problem but for others Its not an issue.

Fantastic earbud that's build, looks and sound are very premium but the cable practicality is only so-so. You can get it in 2.5mm balanced too.

I'd take it over the zen 2.0 for sound though. Better balance sweeter upper mids but retains good vocal body. Not neutral but neither is the Zen.

I felt at first it was a little light on the sub bass, but going back to it I feel it has jist enough for most genres other than EDM or bass orientated tracks. Maybe burn in did something or maybe it was just my brain adjusting. You get better bass with foams than the zen 2.0 without foams that's for sure, both in quantity and in presentation. Better highs too, very smooth but has sparkle. The zen 2.0 has recessed highs in comparison.

Keep in mind im not dissing the zen, i like it for what it is, a very dark but fairly detailed and very relaxing sound.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Kumonomukou and WoodyLuvr like this.
  9. Willber
    Shouldn't that be 'without foams'?

seanc6441, WoodyLuvr and mbwilson111 like this.
  10. kingdixon
    Thanks sean,

Appreciate your input !

seanc6441 and WoodyLuvr like this.
  11. seanc6441
    Yeah corrected that. Thanks!

HungryPanda, mbwilson111 and Willber like this.
  12. skycracksopen
    I feel like about half the pictures I see online show them with foams.

Did the manufacturer recommend no foams?

I prefer foams because I can easily toss them every week or two when they become dirty, and I usually find it more comfortable, too.

WoodyLuvr likes this.
  13. sareer007

Can someone listen to this and tell me how they did this? Soundstage of my earbuds just exploded and voices were way out of my head.

14. Willber
    I have no idea how that works but it is very impressive. Some sort of binaural set-up?
    Try one bud at a time then both together and the difference is amazing.

15. sareer007
    I want this kind of stage in all songs. Is this kind of stage possible for any earbuds for normal songs ?