1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. waynes world
    Thanks I have an email in with Radsone, but the problem seems to be with the USB connection. I'll see what they say, but I'm fairly sure its toast.

WoodyLuvr likes this.
  2. BadReligionPunk
    Also the price has been fluctuating quite frequently on Amazon US for $79. Cant you buy off the US shop and still have it shipped to Canada? Over in the Chifi thread there were a few people in the US buying from the UK site as they had like $150 IEMS on sale for really cheap.
    Just a thought. Don't know if it helps you.

waynes world and WoodyLuvr like this.
  3. Kumonomukou
    Hello Clieos, How does Kp110 compared to earbuds like Smabat St-10, K'searphone Bell-LB, or BGVP Dx3s?

I mainly used IEMs for my portable devices. I do own two other earbuds recently in Yincrow X6 and Dx3s. X6 was too muddy to me while Dx3s sounded okay but didn't seem to stand out among competition. Plus They're kind large on my ears. (Do I have small ears lol?......O_o). I also have Dt6 from 'Sen___'. I didn't enjoyed it as much as the hype. They're good for the price but somewhat hollow & fatiguing in long listening session IMO.

I'm looking for a pair of earbuds with clean, lively sound (Closed vocal). MMCX connector & Comfort will also be a plus. I read a lot of good things about St-10, Bell-LB, and Kp110. I want to get better insight in their actual performance. Thank you!

4. tnelmo
    Thanks again, @assassin10000 , I ordered these earbud winged rings and love them. After some manhandling, they fit the Monk+ perfectly and virtually glue them into my ears. I'm happy enough to do backflips. Even though I can't physically do backflips any more, I am certain the earbuds would remain in my ears. While shaking my head forcefully, I couldn't shake them out.

assassin10000 and HungryPanda like this.
  5. waynes world
    The SR2's are still sounding very defective (but in that very good way lol). I will indeed be pleasantly surprised if they improve with burn in. Now to rig up a burning station (haven't used one in years) for 6 days of straight burnin'

jogawag and HungryPanda like this.
  6. assassin10000
    Glad they worked for you.

7. ClieOS Contributor
    DX3s is an okay earbud - a bit on the warm and smooth side, doesn't really excel in any particular area and definitely doesn't suit analytical listener. K's LBB on the other hand has a slightly warmish but mostly balanced sound, with an excellent price/performance ratio nonetheless. KP110 has a slightly cold sound with good detail and very opened sound, if not just a tiny bit dry on vocal. The only downside is that you need to wear it right as it doesn't have the most ergonomics of design. ST-10 is closer to reference flat and probably the best sounding of the four, but also the most expensive of the group.On a five tier scale, I'll consider ST-10 as either a lower first-tier or upper 2nd-tier. While LBB and KP110 are close to a mid 2nd-tier though I prefer LBB just a little bit over KP110 as LBB has a more versatile sound. DX3s is close to a mid or upper-mid tier.

8. Kumonomukou
    That's all I need to know. Thanks a lot!

9. palestofwhite
    A little OT, but something really interesting to note, the Massdrop KSC75X arrived today and the cable it comes with is almost identical to the Kube V1 (less the mic module).

10. Matarro
    Might be what happened to my ES100 a few months ago. I couldn't get my computer to recognize it which meant I couldn't update it, eventually it also stopped charging. I somewhat accidentally fixed it by tapping it firmly with my finger a few times. I don't advocate violent solutions but I was away for work and the prospect of spending a night at a boring hotel without music made me resort to desperate measures. Anyway, probably a bad circuit and I've been expecting the issue to reoccur but it's been months and it's been working perfectly so knock on wood (and knock on the ES100 too, I guess).

My little experience with Radsone's support have been very positive so hopefully they will be able to solve your problem or replace your unit. Let us know what happens!

DBaldock9 and WoodyLuvr like this.
  11. groucho69
    hammer time.jpg fixed.jpg

12. WoodyLuvr
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    HungryPanda, DBaldock9 and golov17 like this.
  13. golov17
    Well, first dragon have 150 ohm too..
    45273214_1991394280955041_5401155596466520064_o.jpg

14. WoodyLuvr
    Yes, indeed they were but that was pre-"Age of 16/32Ω TOTL Earbuds"... they came out during the "Golden Age of Earbuds" :kissing_smiling_eyes::ksc75smile: