Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 29, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #43,786 of 75,282
Sad news on my replacement Smabat ST-10...it started rattling on the left earbud below 50 hz. Something didn't sound right after burning in (listening to it for a few hours) and a few frequency tests showed horrible rattling in the left ear, and some popping in the right ear. I did the sucking trick, and it helped, but didn't completely fix the problem. Maybe it's a curse, if I can't fix it tomorrow with more sucking I think I will hold off and wait for something else. My Willsound MK2 is over a year old and has no hint of rattling using the same test, hurrah for that!

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #43,787 of 75,282
Well this is weird. Tried to order the snow lotus' with my card, payment failed. Tried again, same thing. Tried to order the RY's since the seller accepts paypal. Payment eventually went through after processing for a few mins, but the order still says closed on my aliexpress account.

First time ever using aliexpress. Is this a normal thing? Any ideas how to fix the issue with paying with my debit card?
I've never used Paypal on AE but if you message the seller they might be able to help.
Using my credit card I have always found AE to be reliable.

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #43,788 of 75,282
I've never used Paypal on AE but if you message the seller they might be able to help.
Using my credit card I have always found AE to be reliable.

I think it's a problem with the new user coupon. I just ordered the Fengru's without the coupon and it went through fine.

Unfortunately aliexpress are how holding about £25 hostage from me until they get around to refunding it. Because of a stupid coupon they offered me.

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #43,789 of 75,282
Sorry, I can't help, I've never used a coupon.

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #43,790 of 75,282
Sorry, I can't help, I've never used a coupon.

It's ok, it's sorted now. When your order gets cancelled for "security reasons" they actually take your money then refund it. How long it takes to refund the money I have no idea, but hopefully soon.

I've ordered the Fengru's and I'll order the other 2 when Aliexpress refunds me. I just won't use the coupon next time.

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #43,791 of 75,282
It's ok, it's sorted now. When your order gets cancelled for "security reasons" they actually take your money then refund it. How long it takes to refund the money I have no idea, but hopefully soon.

I've ordered the Fengru's and I'll order the other 2 when Aliexpress refunds me. I just won't use the coupon next time.
Well, at least the best ones are on their way! :wink:

Jul 29, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #43,793 of 75,282
Hey guys

My Pioneer SE-CE521-K's have finally died after 6-7 years so I'm looking for a replacement. I've pretty much decided on these: Snow lotus 1.0+

I've heard good things about the RY4S as well, but I'm confused about all the versions. I've heard the "UE cable" version is the best, but on the RY store on aliexpress I can't find any reference to UE anywhere. Can someone link me specifically to the best version of the RY's please? I'll buy both the snow lotus and the RY's to compare.

Thanks very much
In my opinion, the SL1.0+ and RY4S are quite different, to the point that I imagine most people would strongly prefer one over the other. The SL is very mid-centric and flat, while the RY4S is bright and emphasizes treble. Both have a relatively narrow soundstage and neither has a ton of bass. Hope this helps some. BTW, I have the cheaper/non-UE version of RY4S, so can't necessarily comment on the UE.

Jul 29, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #43,794 of 75,282
Out of curiosity, how would you describe the sonic differences between the UE and non-UE?
I haven't listened to either for a long time but from memory the UE had better details and stronger lows.

Jul 29, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #43,795 of 75,282
I haven't listened to either for a long time but from memory the UE had better details and stronger lows.
Good to know. Just received the non-UE a couple days ago, along with the Fengru Silver and EMX500. I had high hopes for the RY4S given its reputation here and my preference for brighter and more forward sound, but so far it just seems a little too thin and lacking in bass. May have to try the UE at some point.

I'm impressed with the Silvers, considering their relaxed base signature isn't usually what I like. They are pretty inefficient and don't get loud enough driven by my phone, though. Planning to post a big comparison between the ~10 buds I've amassed so far soon.

Jul 29, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #43,796 of 75,282
Planning to post a big comparison between the ~10 buds I've amassed so far soon.
Good to hear - real-world comparisons are always good.

Jul 29, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #43,797 of 75,282
Good to know. Just received the non-UE a couple days ago, along with the Fengru Silver and EMX500. I had high hopes for the RY4S given its reputation here and my preference for brighter and more forward sound, but so far it just seems a little too thin and lacking in bass. May have to try the UE at some point.

I'm impressed with the Silvers, considering their relaxed base signature isn't usually what I like. They are pretty inefficient and don't get loud enough driven by my phone, though. Planning to post a big comparison between the ~10 buds I've amassed so far soon.
I find that the Ry4s plus mmcx has even more bass then the UE ver. Also much tighter and cleaner. My personal pick of the 2.

Jul 29, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #43,798 of 75,282
Lately been pairing Cayin N3 with NX4’s DAC....sounds superb!

786AFB48-266A-43A9-9E85-527AF3F5658E.jpeg

Jul 29, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #43,799 of 75,282
I find that the Ry4s plus mmcx has even more bass then the UE ver. Also much tighter and cleaner. My personal pick of the 2.
Can anyone share a comparison between the RY4S Plus 32ohm and 300ohm versions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back