Earbuds Round-Up
May 28, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #42,286 of 75,275
All talk about **** made me wonder if there's anybody owns both **** and smabat care to compare the resolution on both. Just the resolution part though. TIA
I happen to own both, to my ears, **** has better midrange and treble, overall more pleasing to ears, but its bass are somewhat muddy compared to ST10, the later wins on staging/separation hands down.

But there is one fatal fault with ****, when it's driven by an AMP my ears get electrocuted...

The problem I have with earbuds in general is that I cannot wear them perfectly, when I use my fingers to get better seal they sound much better to me.
Seeing no way to get this problem solved, I stopped being picky with earbuds...

May 28, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #42,287 of 75,275
I happen to own both, to my ears, **** has better midrange and treble, overall more pleasing to ears, but its bass are somewhat muddy compared to ST10, the later wins on staging/separation hands down.

But there is one fatal fault with ****, when it's driven by an AMP my ears get electrocuted...

The problem I have with earbuds in general is that I cannot wear them perfectly, when I use my fingers to get better seal they sound much better to me.
Seeing no way to get this problem solved, I stopped being picky with earbuds...
Thank you. really appreciate your input .

May 28, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #42,288 of 75,275
May 28, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #42,289 of 75,275
Stock cable to blame for such sound from to400s. Get some neutral or warm hybrid cable and you will rediscover those earbuds as a new model))

I owned 2 to200 and it is very balanced,flat actually, but in the end of the day boring. To400s are much for detailed, interesting and has more resolution than to200. Just change the cable)

I have the TO400 but not Rose Masya. I and some others feel the TO400 to have bright character and weak bass. People who have compared TO200 and TO600 seem to like those better.

May 28, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #42,290 of 75,275
Looking forward to your impressions! I have the BOE (Black Onyx Earbud) and it's great.
I received the BDE today. I have just one word to describe it and is: it's rock! It's awesome. Even better than the Sabia, a lot better just out of box. Everything is great. I got one extra (the last one) on the ebay to have a spare. I also got the ANN100 and the FAAEAL.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FAAEAL-FAR...m=222995286272&_trksid=p2054502.c100227.m3827

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FAAEAL-FAR...m=222995286272&_trksid=p2054502.c100227.m3827

May 28, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #42,291 of 75,275
I received the BDE today. I have just one word to describe it and is: it's rock! It's awesome. Even better than the Sabia, a lot better just out of box. Everything is great. I got one extra (the last one) on the ebay to have a spare. I also got the ANN100 and the FAAEAL.
Awesome mids, detail and bass extension. Soundstage is big. It sounds better than all my headphones. It sounds very similar with my K600 but with lower impedance. Listening to it in my BL, I can say that is hard to say which one is better.
Bass: K600 >= BDE
Mids: BDE >= K600
Highs: BDE >= K600
Soundstage: BDE >= K600

Resuming it: a more fun K600 with lower impedance.

I used the >= because I expect changes after some burn in, but it's ****ing good out of the box! (sorry for some words).

Imense value/sq ratio and addictive!

The only drawback is the cable that is really cheap and just a little better than Vido... The cable is a sin for one earbud so good. I also received the TC200 but is impossible to take the BDE out of my ears to check it...

May 28, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #42,292 of 75,275
Awesome mids, detail and bass extension. Soundstage is big. It sounds better than all my headphones. It sounds very similar with my K600 but with lower impedance. Listening to it in my BL, I can say that is hard to say which one is better.
Bass: K600 >= BDE
Mids: BDE >= K600
Highs: BDE >= K600
Soundstage: BDE >= K600

Resuming it: a more fun K600 with lower impedance.

I used the >= because I expect changes after some burn in, but it's ****ing good out of the box! (sorry for some words).

Imense value/sq ratio and addictive!

The only drawback is the cable that is really cheap and just a little better than Vido... The cable is a sin for one earbud so good. I also received the TC200 but is impossible to take the BDE out of my ears to check it...

So awesome! I should've nabbed me one. For whatever it's worth, the BDE seems to have the exact same cable as the BOE. The cable on my BOE is still in good shape after 3+ years of normal use.

May 28, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #42,294 of 75,275
So awesome! I should've nabbed me one. For whatever it's worth, the BDE seems to have the exact same cable as the BOE. The cable on my BOE is still in good shape after 3+ years of normal use.
How much did you pay for your BOE? Do you remember? Nice to know that the cable is good after 3 years! I will use it only at home (too good to use in street).

May 28, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #42,299 of 75,275
Also, is there any change in sound quality or signature in new FiiO EM3 with Mic. As far as I know, they are launched again with some changes cpl of years ago (2018 I guess). Basically, I am looking for some earbud which is not too expensive but have great details and clarity while having warm and smooth sound and not harsh. And Having a Mic is necessary so pls suggest according to that.

May 28, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #42,300 of 75,275
I received my Smabat ST-10 replacement few days ago. Jim at NiceHCK provided an excellent support and took care of all the expenses.
Everything works very well now. They fixed the problem with the cable and the MMCX connectors. I moved the connector around a lot while listening to check if I could recreate the problem and I was never able to do it.
I continually used the ST-10 in the past days, only switching them, here and there, with the NiceHCK EBX for comparison.
The EBX sound is very similar to the ST-10, the EBX has a little more balanced sound across the frequency spectrum but the ST-10 has better lower bass.
I mostly listen to Jazz and Progressive Rock and the ST-10 proved to be a great all rounder with these two genres.

I would like to thank ClieOS for recommending it and Jim at NiceHCK for the outstanding support.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back