Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 24, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #40,966 of 75,375
So 3 of you prefer MK1 over MK2? what makes MK1 so special, i got asked the seller but the answer isnt really detail enough so i got confused, he only stated if you like bass go get MK2.

actually i prefer clarity, clear mids, mids are my preferences just like @mbwilson111 i listen to jazz, pop jazz, rock jazz, groove, blues, vocals. But i also dont want mids to be thin, got enough textured sub bass / mid bass without bleeds, not particularly must be very big in quantity but decent, not too light. and i just scared there are lack of bass because i used to iem. That is my preferences.
So am i better getting Mk1 or MK2 in this case?

Thank you so much for this extended questions really appreciate and you guys save my time and money!
Imho EBX is better than MK2 (clarity, subbass and other aspects), but one complicated thing about the EBX is the fit. If you plan to move alot while using EBX, probably you will have some problems. In my case, I can't use EBX out of my desk. The shell is really huge for me while MK2 fits really well. Plz, don't forget to take the fit in account.

Mar 24, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #40,967 of 75,375
When I received my Zen 2.0 ZOE and Asura 2.0s AOE, recommendations here were to listen to them without foams, or just using the rubber rings), so I installed the rings.
I also installed the rings on my Blur hALF/hALF and K's 500 - since they're also MX500 shells.
When the rings are nice and clean, they provide a better seal than without the rings, and the earbuds sound really good - however the rings are not as comfortable as foams.
So, I've gone back to using Hiegi donut foams on the Blur and K's earbuds.
They may have a slight emphasis to the Mid-Bass now, but they're quite a bit more comfortable to wear.

Mar 24, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #40,968 of 75,375
Imho EBX is better than MK2 (clarity, subbass and other aspects), but one complicated thing about the EBX is the fit. If you plan to move alot while using EBX, probably you will have some problems. In my case, I can't use EBX out of my desk. The shell is really huge for me while MK2 fits really well. Plz, don't forget to take the fit in account.

That's why I prefer my Svara-L (32Ω) over the EBX - they fit better, even though they might not have as much of the lowest Bass.

Mar 24, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #40,969 of 75,375

oh yeah, I've been read about EBX cons are fit issues, actually how bad is it? unfortunately I can't try it unless I buy. big gamble though.
How Big is the differences in sound quality from MK2?

Mar 24, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #40,970 of 75,375
oh yeah, I've been read about EBX cons are fit issues, actually how bad is it? unfortunately I can't try it unless I buy. big gamble though.
How Big is the differences in sound quality from MK2?
I own several earbuds and the EBX has the wrost fit. About the sound quality, for me and for me, the MK2 is around 80~90% of EBX. But there are other options, for example, ty hi-z 650ohm. I personally enjoy it more than the EBX in every aspect and it sounds like a Headphone. The price is the same? But I forgot to mention that ty hi-z 650 is 650ohms, so you will need a good amplifier to get the best of it. As I always use an amplifier, I forgot it. And if you don't have an amplifier, I think you should pick the EBX. MK2 is awesome also and it deliver a lot for the price.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #40,971 of 75,375
EBX can be finicky, but imo its not that bad. For me Heigi donuts and using the cinch pulled up to under my chin keep em in place. I can actually walk around without them moving. I walk the dogs in them, and they are perfect for stationary listening. Cant and don't use them for yard work or working around the garage. One little slip and the bass is reduced by a fair amount.

I tell ya what, all this yappin about mk2 has pretty much guaranteed I'm going to order one.

Mar 24, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #40,972 of 75,375
EBX can be finicky, but imo its not that bad. For me Heigi donuts and using the cinch pulled up to under my chin keep em in place. I can actually walk around without them moving. I walk the dogs in them, and they are perfect for stationary listening. Cant and don't use them for yard work or working around the garage. One little slip and the bass is reduced by a fair amount.

I tell ya what, all this yappin about mk2 has pretty much guaranteed I'm going to order one.
Lol, I believe that is a problem with me. It fit well on the left ear but I have a lot of trouble to fit it in right ear... Lol, maybe I have a malformation on my ears :). But I don't have this problem with other shells. To say the truth, both are a must have with many others, like rw-9, ry4s ue, Kube, Sabia, Quian69, Svara L (discontinued?), ty hi-z 650, Rose Mojito, k600, ZoomFred, SWD2+ and many others... Resuming, you can't go wrong with both, EBX and MK2.

Mar 24, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #40,973 of 75,375
How would you compare the MK3 vs the MK2/MK1?

MK3 is warm in mids and treble, but more balanced ratio of bass to mids and treble compared to the MK1 and MK2. for simple old rock/alternative, i like the MK3

@chinmie

Thank you for pointing this, that is exactly what i need, detail , clarity and extention to sub bass, deeper reach to low end.
So i think if im going pick willsound i will try with MK2 first.
but is EBX is huge increment over willsound MK2? there is an anniversary sale coming soon, EBX is on sale with a good price, should i just straight away take EBX or go with willsound?

i want clarity, details, sub bass that dig down deep, soundstage and imaging. quantity can be adjusted through EQ. Is the different price is justified to take EBX over MK2?

sorry for so many questions over this, even though im in this audio world for more than 10 years, but Im a newbie on earbuds.

unfortunately i haven't tried the EBX, so can't comment on that. the MK2 (and MK1) can stand toe to toe with the Samsara though, and winning in some scenario. the Samsara is more similar to the MK1 with it's ample midbass and warm signature. the MK2 has more bite overall

Mar 24, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #40,974 of 75,375
MK3 is warm in mids and treble, but more balanced ratio of bass to mids and treble compared to the MK1 and MK2. for simple old rock/alternative, i like the MK3

Gotcha. My use is primarily edm, classical and instrumental. I try and avoid warm signatures, neutral or slightly cold/bright with good sub-bass.

Mar 24, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #40,975 of 75,375
Gotcha. My use is primarily edm, classical and instrumental. I try and avoid warm signatures, neutral or slightly cold/bright with good sub-bass.

for edm i would definitely suggest the MK2 between the willsounds

Mar 24, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #40,976 of 75,375
I wouldn't really use the mk2 for classical as a first choice personally. The slight mid bass bloat and low mid dip will cover up some detail in lower frequency instruments.

I find my mojito with the treble dampener filter to kill sibiliance and with multi hole full foam the best for classical. Effortless detail and enough body in the very low mids to carry deeper instruments. Also while the mojito sub bass only extends moderately, with a lighter-moderate seal of just 1 full foam the mid bass is very clean and nimble with no bloat. It's still a little recessed in the vocal range, but that's not hugely detrimental to classical. Although I still think bumping it up 2db makes a world of difference making the mojito eurphoric in the mids.

Now I'm not trying to brag or suggest you buy it new (mine was used, the price new is too high IMO).

But there may be similar sound sigs in the mid priced range if someone cares to chime in?

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #40,977 of 75,375
I own several earbuds and the EBX has the wrost fit. About the sound quality, for me and for me, the MK2 is around 80~90% of EBX. But there are other options, for example, ty hi-z 650ohm. I personally enjoy it more than the EBX in every aspect and it sounds like a Headphone. The price is the same? But I forgot to mention that ty hi-z 650 is 650ohms, so you will need a good amplifier to get the best of it. As I always use an amplifier, I forgot it. And if you don't have an amplifier, I think you should pick the EBX. MK2 is awesome also and it deliver a lot for the price.

Lol, I believe that is a problem with me. It fit well on the left ear but I have a lot of trouble to fit it in right ear... Lol, maybe I have a malformation on my ears :). But I don't have this problem with other shells. To say the truth, both are a must have with many others, like rw-9, ry4s ue, Kube, Sabia, Quian69, Svara L (discontinued?), ty hi-z 650, Rose Mojito, k600, ZoomFred, SWD2+ and many others... Resuming, you can't go wrong with both, EBX and MK2.

unfortunately i haven't tried the EBX, so can't comment on that. the MK2 (and MK1) can stand toe to toe with the Samsara though, and winning in some scenario. the Samsara is more similar to the MK1 with it's ample midbass and warm signature. the MK2 has more bite overall

Thank you for catching up these guys, really appreciate it!

So if MK2 got 80-90% of EBX sound, with better fit, I guess MK2 will be much better value and can be a good all arounder here.
Also MK2 said to be better than EB2 (and some people commented EB2 is like little brother of EBX)
and @chinmie say can go toe to toe with Samsara. So many good reviews about MK2

I'm out for hi-z 650ohm since i can't use it with my phone for light portable use. Actually if Ali isnt cutting the price of EBX i will definitely pick MK2 straight away, just that very good anniversary sale price bugging me for this good chance ($75)

Once again thank you helpful people! Still thinking for final decision

Mar 24, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #40,978 of 75,375
Thank you for catching up these guys, really appreciate it!

So if MK2 got 80-90% of EBX sound, with better fit, I guess MK2 will be much better value and can be a good all arounder here.
Also MK2 said to be better than EB2 (and some people commented EB2 is like little brother of EBX)
and @chinmie say can go toe to toe with Samsara. So many good reviews about MK2

I'm out for hi-z 650ohm since i can't use it with my phone for light portable use. Actually if Ali isnt cutting the price of EBX i will definitely pick MK2 straight away, just that very good anniversary sale price bugging me for this good chance ($75)

Once again thank you helpful people! Still thinking for final decision

Just a quick bit of clarification - since the EBX is from NiceHCK, it's actually up to "Jim NiceHCK" to offer items on sale, or not. If you use Facebook, you can contact Jim there, and ask if the EBX is going to be discounted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back