Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 16, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #39,046 of 75,777
OUTCH! sad news... :frowning2:

Capture.PNG

Jan 16, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #39,047 of 75,777
Jan 16, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #39,048 of 75,777
Thanks for the clarification, Danneq. The two versions have different grill openings, do you know if they sound the same?

29KI9RA.jpg

HTB1.6vGKXXXXXaEaXXXq6xXFXXXe.jpg

It might just be that they got a new supply of grills?

In the two photos above, both earbud have the Toneking logo. So there might be variations in the Toneking versions of Tomahawk as well.

I don't know if you can buy new MusicMaker Tomahawk earbuds anymore. If you find, it must be old stock that as seller has got, I suppose.

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #39,049 of 75,777
LBB is just a great earbuds - it has the warmness that K is known for, but at the same time fairly well balanced. It was said to be an evolution from Poseidon and I do agree on that statement - besides the fact that it is not as grand sounding as Poseidon, I actually do prefer LBB overall. Given the price/performance ratio, I think there is no reason to miss this one.

VXC is said to be tuned similarly to the old VX (which most of you probably never heard of) - it is actually not entirely true as VXC is definitely a lot better sounding. The old VX is very warm and kinda slow, an decent sounding earbud overall but nothing particularly great to speak of. VXC kind of have a warmish sound as well but sounded much more dynamic and lively. However, it is still quire different a tuning from the previous model VXP (which is very neutral and detailed). Overall, VXC is still a good earbud but I won't say it is an improvement over VXP but more of the change of sound signature. I often recommend to people the VXP is good for instruments and classical music, where VXC is probably more for mainstream music. VXJ on the other hand is more or less a warmer version of VXC. It is only available from a single MoonDrop authorized dealer on Taobao as kinda a special edition but I don't think you will need VXJ when there is VXC around.
Nice buds, thanks ))
P90116-095959-001.jpg

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #39,050 of 75,777
Thanks for the clarification, Danneq. The two versions have different grill openings, do you know if they sound the same?

29KI9RA.jpg

HTB1.6vGKXXXXXaEaXXXq6xXFXXXe.jpg

There is no difference on the grill opening in the two pictures above. They are both standard MX500 style grill. There are, as far as I know, no variation in Tomahawk except for color: one has black housing while the other have silver housing, both sound exactly the same.

p/s: Tomahawk is still in production. Toneking still sells it on its own Taobao store.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #39,051 of 75,777
There is no difference on the grill opening in the two pictures above. They are both standard MX500 style grill. There are, as far as I know, no variation in Tomahawk except for color: one has black housing while the other have silver housing, both sound exactly the same.

p/s: Tomahawk is still in production. Toneking still sells it on its own Taobao store.

I confirm that Toneking still sells ting on its own Taobao store.
Red housing ting and silver housing ting, are both sound the same?

Jan 16, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #39,052 of 75,777
I confirm that Toneking still sells ting on its own Taobao store.
Red housing ting and silver housing ting, are both sound the same?

The same. They sell both color versions of Ting since the beginning.

Jan 16, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #39,054 of 75,777
B362245F-19AE-4CC4-B830-065DCA5B816E.jpeg
It might just be that they got a new supply of grills?

In the two photos above, both earbud have the Toneking logo. So there might be variations in the Toneking versions of Tomahawk as well.

I don't know if you can buy new MusicMaker Tomahawk earbuds anymore. If you find, it must be old stock that as seller has got, I suppose.
The Ting has the different grill.

Jan 16, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #39,055 of 75,777
Jan 16, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #39,056 of 75,777
I have those docomo with long stem. Ordered locally from the very same seller. After 3 months left driver develop some kind of distortion that won't go away.

So I would suggest if you could get extra it'll be worth it. I'm thinking of ordering another because the upper mids is so clear and non fatiguing.

I'm not sure how the distortion started because my friend had it with him when it develop.

Ugh I had a nasty new year flu. Congestion blocking my left ear and I had since not listen to any earbud until today! Glad it's getting better but still missing some frequency.. Sigh...

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #39,057 of 75,777
Looks like you can still get them here (67 out of 100 sold):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FAA...924.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7b0d4c4dWotHaN

Mine were shipped a couple of days ago.
Thanks, wondering why Sammy (from Faaeal) did not shares to me this link directly, but after checking price difference for this "commemorative edition", now I understand :)
Hopefully to finally buy and get a 1.0+ for my third attempt! :D (I will be back at home in few hours, hopefully still available..)

Jan 16, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #39,058 of 75,777
Thanks, wondering why Sammy (from Faaeal) did not shares to me this link directly, but after checking price difference for this "commemorative edition", now I understand :)
Hopefully to finally buy and get a 1.0+ for my third attempt! :D (I will be back at home in few hours, hopefully still available..)
Sorry, I quoted the wrong post.
Hopefully you will still get one.

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #39,059 of 75,777
Hey @subwoof3r, I just noticed your "important notice" in your sig. I know that you had a bad experience with the individual, but a lot of people said that they have had only good experiences with him. You had your experience and you wrote about it which is fine, but to me it seems a bit much to have that warning in your sig. My 2 cents fwiw!

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #39,060 of 75,777
Hey @subwoof3r, I just noticed your "important notice". I know that you had a bad experience with the individual, but a lot of people said that they have had only good experiences with him. You had your experience and you wrote about it which is fine, but to me it seems a bit much to have that warning in your sig. My 2 cents fwiw!

I did not realize that was in his signature. You are right... that is too much. Nothing out of the ordinary occurred. The seller tried to tell him that a particular cable for a gift bud could be found on ali. His others are hand braided. He does not even advertise on here. Those who want to do business with him can and others do not have to. My experience was more than satisfactory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back