Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 21, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #36,722 of 75,150
I won't be buying any new buds for a while: had to cancel my credit card because apparently someone used it for a $1000 AirBNB stay. Rude! Oh well, I guess that is one way to keep from buying stuff.

Edited to say: I have had the worst luck lately, I lost the HiBy that is in the picture with the VUNBUD at a customer site. I think someone found it and is using it, because I've been getting messages occasionally when using Tidal that my account is in use by another client. :triportsad:

That is horrible! How do you think they got your card number.

Is there any chance of finding who is using your Tidal account and track down the HiBy? I hate that people do things like that.

Oct 21, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #36,723 of 75,150
Oct 21, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #36,724 of 75,150
That is horrible! How do you think they got your card number.
Not sure. I guess the downside of online commerce is that credit card fraud has become so much easier: anyone who takes your card (at a restaurant, for example) just needs to jot down the info and the 3 or 4 digit code on the back and could use it online. Could also be a security breach at a website that I shopped at. It is a pain because I'll have to update all my billing accounts, but I am very glad that the bank I have the credit card with identified the problem so quickly: they sent me a text asking if I'd made the charges, and asking me to call, so the charges never got past pending status.
Is there any chance of finding who is using your Tidal account and track down the HiBy? I hate that people do things like that.
I'm locked into an iPhone at work, so don't know much about Android. iPhone does have the "find my iPhone" thing so you can see where your phone is located physically, but I don't know if Android has anything like that. I asked in the HiBy thread. I know I'm not going to get the device back, but I would like to keep whoever took it from using my account. One of my colleagues was at the site I lost it at a couple of days later. He looked for it and asked a bunch of people, so it is long gone. Oh well....... totally my fault for not keeping better track of my stuff. Fortunately, (and back on topic), the CampFred 2s that I used that day were safely put away in their case and stowed in my backpack. :) I can buy another DAP, but the earbuds may not be replaceable!

Oct 21, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #36,725 of 75,150
Not sure. I guess the downside of online commerce is that credit card fraud has become so much easier: anyone who takes your card (at a restaurant, for example) just needs to jot down the info and the 3 or 4 digit code on the back and could use it online. Could also be a security breach at a website that I shopped at. It is a pain because I'll have to update all my billing accounts, but I am very glad that the bank I have the credit card with identified the problem so quickly: they sent me a text asking if I'd made the charges, and asking me to call, so the charges never got past pending status.

I'm locked into an iPhone at work, so don't know much about Android. iPhone does have the "find my iPhone" thing so you can see where your phone is located physically, but I don't know if Android has anything like that. I asked in the HiBy thread. I know I'm not going to get the device back, but I would like to keep whoever took it from using my account. One of my colleagues was at the site I lost it at a couple of days later. He looked for it and asked a bunch of people, so it is long gone. Oh well....... totally my fault for not keeping better track of my stuff. Fortunately, (and back on topic), the CampFred 2s that I used that day were safely put away in their case and stowed in my backpack. :) I can buy another DAP, but the earbuds may not be replaceable!
Im sure android has a similar feature, be sure to change your tidal PW or try unauthorise the device.

Google is your friend in order to find out how to do both.

Was it an R6 or R3 because R6 has android so might be findable if they didnt log out of your google account, r3 is just standalone tidal which may be trickier...

Oct 21, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #36,727 of 75,150
It was an R6. I unauthorized the device on Tidal, but that only removes off line abilities. The Tidal online doesn't work very well on the R6, so hopefully that will cause some frustration for whoever has it, LOL.

Those are good suggestions, thank you! :ksc75smile:
Go to google on any signed in device like a pc with chrome web browser and type 'android find my phone' and the link to the google find my phone feature will show you any signed in devices and their location.

Hopefully whoever took your R6 was silly enough to keep it enabled and online.

Oct 21, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #36,728 of 75,150
They are real but elusive...... and fantastic. Thanks to @jant71 for the link. :ksc75smile: I was very lucky to get them. Adhi contacted me about an order I'd placed (was wanting some balanced Willsound buds but they were out of stock) and offered the VUNBUD since my original order couldn't be fulfilled. Maybe email Adhi and let him know you are interested?

I won't be buying any new buds for a while: had to cancel my credit card because apparently someone used it for a $1000 AirBNB stay. Rude! Oh well, I guess that is one way to keep from buying stuff.

Edited to say: I have had the worst luck lately, I lost the HiBy that is in the picture with the VUNBUD at a customer site. I think someone found it and is using it, because I've been getting messages occasionally when using Tidal that my account is in use by another client. :triportsad:

Sorry to hear about the credit card and the HIBY.Anyway, on your suggestion I emailed and asked to be informed when I can buy one. Hopefully I can get one.

Oct 21, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #36,729 of 75,150
Go to google on any signed in device like a pc with chrome web browser and type 'android find my phone' and the link to the google find my phone feature will show you any signed in devices and their location.

Hopefully whoever took your R6 was silly enough to keep it enabled and online.
It was not able to contact the device, but I clicked "enable secure and erase." Maybe that will do something? Unfortunately I didn't have a screen lock set on it. Lesson learned - when I eventually replace it (probably not with another Hiby as I loved that thing but it was quirky), I will do better about security for it.

I had 2 microSD cards in it with all the music I've bought over the years...... I hope whoever has it likes Taylor Swift. :joy:

Oct 21, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #36,730 of 75,150
It was not able to contact the device, but I clicked "enable secure and erase." Maybe that will do something? Unfortunately I didn't have a screen lock set on it. Lesson learned - when I eventually replace it (probably not with another Hiby as I loved that thing but it was quirky), I will do better about security for it.

I had 2 microSD cards in it with all the music I've bought over the years...... I hope whoever has it likes Taylor Swift. :joy:
If they are caught they should be subjected to 5 hours of 'we are never getting back together' on a loop :D

That will teach em'!

Oct 21, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #36,731 of 75,150
I've been getting messages occasionally when using Tidal that my account is in use by another client.
Change the password on your Tidal account. It might not disable on the HiBy immediately, but apps of this type periodically re-sync the account between app and server. The server will force the app to sign out and require signing in again.

This will tell you when it last connected with your Google account: https://myaccount.google.com/device-activity. It also allows you to dissociate your Google account from the device, but then you will also lose ability to track it.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #36,732 of 75,150
I have read a few similar to this...

...so interested in the 1.0+ over the 1.0 :)
what's your budget? look for yuin styled shell. for that Zen lite type shell, i think the zen is the best in term of SQ, while the cheaper one would be monk lites and the qian 39. for yuin shell, the best is the SWD2+ and lot of other for the cheaper one
Ty very much! I will take a look around. Now, I need to get 2, one for my son 2...

Oct 22, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #36,733 of 75,150
Any suggestions for LG V30 phone as DAP
Sound Sig : Good Bass but not overwhelming with good separation and clarity and huge sound stage
Genre: all rounder i think? because i listen to HipHop, Alternative Rock, Metal, Pop, Classic ETC.
Detachable MMCX Cable is a Plus, but i knew some people who does modify it to MMCX.
Budget: $100 and below

thanks in advance..

Oct 22, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #36,734 of 75,150
Any suggestions for LG V30 phone as DAP
Sound Sig : Good Bass but not overwhelming with good separation and clarity and huge sound stage
Genre: all rounder i think? because i listen to HipHop, Alternative Rock, Metal, Pop, Classic ETC.
Detachable MMCX Cable is a Plus, but i

Under 100 earbud for the LG V series would be that all time bang for buck monk+ .
I'm using monk+ with the Lg V20 with great synergy . Sound sig would most likely satisfy what you had pen out all the above .

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back