Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 18, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #35,221 of 75,551
I have the faaeal 64 and picked up the seahf 64 at the same time. The seahf bass extends and is more present. Those two were a good starting point to figure out what I like. The the faaeal tend to be more mid forward or centric. The seahf have nice mids and highs, but can also kick it in the bass department. As a result I tend to like buds with slightly recessed mids and highs with a slight v shape or maybe even L shape... Bass has to be there for me. That said I also have the HE150 and HE150 Pro which are great. Now that I have listened to the HE 150 PROs for an extended I can say that they are a bit warmer and darker. Highs still sparkle but what I love is that the depth is actually quite nice with some recordings. Spacious and 3D.... And they bass is separated beautifully as others will attest... Sorry maybe more of a long winded response but based on your question I think I've been there before...

Waiting for fukubukuro and K's 300 samsara incoming... If I can figure a source I will also look at the K's k600.

Good luck and enjoy!

:)
Thanks for the reply mate

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #35,227 of 75,551
Sep 18, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #35,229 of 75,551
I have done the unthinkable: ordered an unreviewed earbud (**** PT25). I also succumbed to the EB2 hype train.
Jim at NiceHCK gave me a good price for the two combined — $53. To get the discount, do what golov posted.

I can't wait to see the pink puffs. :k701smile: Seriously though, I'm happy to see a fresh new approach.

Cool! Are you going to return them if there is no red puff stuff going on? :wink:

Sep 18, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #35,230 of 75,551
I thought I'd try out the cheap Vido's since I was ordering some IEMs from the NiceHCK store anyways.....they sound just like Monks to me but um, is the cord on the left side supposed to be shorter than the cord on the other side? The split thing in the middle isn't adjustable and they're very awkward to wear because the left one is so short that the split thingy is almost touching the chin.

Also, any new ones to come out in the same small shell-size as the Monk Lites or Qian39s?

Sep 18, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #35,232 of 75,551
I thought I'd try out the cheap Vido's since I was ordering some IEMs from the NiceHCK store anyways.....they sound just like Monks to me but um, is the cord on the left side supposed to be shorter than the cord on the other side? The split thing in the middle isn't adjustable and they're very awkward to wear because the left one is so short that the split thingy is almost touching the chin.

Also, any new ones to come out in the same small shell-size as the Monk Lites or Qian39s?
Thats the J cable, i have yet to find someone that like that style i don't know why they keep making it that way, maybe it is cheaper, who knows.

Sep 18, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #35,233 of 75,551

I think the longer side is suppose to go behind your neck. The only thing I like about it is that it easy to tell Right vs Left in the dark.

Sep 18, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #35,234 of 75,551
If your chin is involved you are doing it wrong :) J is to take them out and just wear it. J is good if you find the need to take them out often and then they can hang behind the neck on their own just fine. J-cord is like other cords so there are better lengths and implementations of it. I still don't mind a good J(Vido is okay but not great) as screw the case or tangles from in the pocket or winding up multiple times. Just wear them all day either in or out of the ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back