Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 9, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #34,486 of 75,879
Certainly not cheap for sure. But if I were only allowed to get one earbud, this is the one I'll want.

Good thing I don't have to choose, so I'm going to get a WillSound soonish.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

get all 3 MKs and the PK16! :darthsmile:

Sep 9, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #34,487 of 75,879
All in good time. I was curious for all the WillSound discussion atop, so I thought I'll get one and listen for myself. As I can't decide which to get. I went to FB and ask Willy on which is his favorite at the moment. I think you can guess what answer he has given.

Sep 9, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #34,489 of 75,879
Sep 9, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #34,491 of 75,879
Sep 9, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #34,492 of 75,879

Only used these for a few hours but the Zoomfred is incredible! Massive 3D soundstage, deep satisfying sub-bass, non-fatiguing, super smooth yet detailed. Just a unique analog signature. Can’t find any flaws in the sound. Only issue might be the stiff lower half of the cable but with the right shirt clip it’s really just as easy to use as anything else.

Agree on the sound of ZoomFred. What foams do you use? I tried different foams and then discovered that the best option for me is to use silicone rings with fins from the VE EX pack with the fins cut off. ZoomFred are the first earbuds that I think sound better without foams than with.

I have no problems with the cable. The lower part is a bit stiff but not too stiff to use out and about. From the Y splitter up the cable is soft and easy to use.

just got my graphenes and yincrow rw-777. havent tested the graphenes yet, but the yincrows are on another level compared to my other headphones (sans akg k7xx). Very mature sound, great separation, stage and decay.

Yeah, Yincrow RW-777 has really got a unique sound. I find them to be a bit "thin" but quite detailed with a big soundstage and good separation. In these areas they can compete with many TOTL earbuds despite being sold at a relatively low price (around $40-50).

Certainly not cheap for sure. But if I were only allowed to get one earbud, this is the one I'll want.

My pair of TM9 arrived in Sweden on the 31st of August and still are in customs. In the last few years the Swedish postal service has truly gotten worse and worse each day. Hopefully I will get the TM9 before October. If they are not lost in customs or by PostNord.

Just imagine! 3 days from Thailand to Sweden. 7-8 times longer time than that for the Swedish postal service to deliver them!

Sep 9, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #34,493 of 75,879
Thank you for replying. There’s not much information available about them. Does the mids on these sound harsh ? I just need something polite sounding to sleep to.. And is the shell size on these smaller compared to MX500/Monk Plus?

P.S I am curious about the circular slab on which you’ve placed the buds. What is it ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The circular slap is a stone coaster I keep on my desk. As for the shape it is much more comfortable than monk shells as the stem is clear of my ear

Sep 9, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #34,494 of 75,879
I am definitely scratching my head on how the ZOE is supposed to be better than the Zen 2.0 - I've seen a lot of positive reviews of the Zen 2.0, but a lot of earbuds seemed to be superior for their price. Can someone who has heard the ZOE and has earbuds to compare (Shozy Stardust, TO400s, K's Black Ling, TM9, SWD2+, ...) please elaborate?
I mean if I can buy the ZOE with a nice fitting shell for 170$ instead of a SWD2+ for 319$ and their soundstage is equally great... why should I pay almost twice the price.

Sep 9, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #34,495 of 75,879
I am definitely scratching my head on how the ZOE is supposed to be better than the Zen 2.0 - I've seen a lot of positive reviews of the Zen 2.0, but a lot of earbuds seemed to be superior for their price. Can someone who has heard the ZOE and has earbuds to compare (Shozy Stardust, TO400s, K's Black Ling, TM9, SWD2+, ...) please elaborate?
I mean if I can buy the ZOE with a nice fitting shell for 170$ instead of a SWD2+ for 319$ and their soundstage is equally great... why should I pay almost twice the price.
its not. its just to cover the cost of a newly designed shell and the ability to use detachable cables

Sep 9, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #34,498 of 75,879
Is this the FoTM?

Truetrain.jpg
This is for the rest of you life

Sep 9, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #34,499 of 75,879
Sep 9, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #34,500 of 75,879
So, if I have the yincrow, I should not get the datura x?

i would not, unless you find the yincrow's a bit difficult to fit. This is one thing im noticing with them because they have no stem to make it easier to situate it in your ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back