Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 6, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #34,396 of 75,624
3 truly fantastic earbuds - K'Black Ling, Toneking TO200, Penon Bs1 Official. They are similar in the way the produce sound, due to the similarity of the shells, but have different soundsignatures. Now, I'm searching for TO400, hope it's shell is done from metall, as plastic shells reduce resolution and accuracy of the sounds.
20180906_120850.jpg

Sep 6, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #34,397 of 75,624
PK32 and PK16 have a similar SQ, but different tonality. if you like warm tone go for PK32, if you like detail go for PK16. both are great. i personally go for the PK16

I think I'm headed this way as well. Just got my first pair of PK-shelled headphones. They are by far the most comfortable shell and its not even close. The ones I ordered where some DIY PK2 16OHMs for like $10. They sound OK, detail isn't quite there though so I think the Willsound PK16 might be just the ticket.

Sep 6, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #34,398 of 75,624
3 truly fantastic earbuds - K'Black Ling, Toneking TO200, Penon Bs1 Official. They are similar in the way the produce sound, due to the similarity of the shells, but have different soundsignatures. Now, I'm searching for TO400, hope it's shell is done from metall, as plastic shells reduce resolution and accuracy of the sounds.
Black Ling with thick but pourous foams is so nice. Bass is so good with low seal, perfect punch and enough depth. I find with a good seal it's too much. Loose seal is much more balanced and airy sound.

Sep 6, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #34,399 of 75,624
Black Ling with thick but pourous foams is so nice. Bass is so good with low seal, perfect punch and enough depth. I find with a good seal it's too much. Loose seal is much more balanced and airy sound.
Cannot agree with you more! I have tried thin VE foams, Heigi donuts, as is and nothing worked. But the urge for experiments lead me to full thick pourous foams and here it is - fantastic full-body sound with amazingly wide scene, lots of details and very accurate holographic image. I just can't believe my ears. Here we go 300$+, here we go. Totally worth the money for magic which it ours out of earbuds. I refuse to imagine how does Poseidon sounds...))

Sep 6, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #34,400 of 75,624
Cannot agree with you more! I have tried thin VE foams, Heigi donuts, as is and nothing worked. But the urge for experiments lead me to full thick pourous foams and here it is - fantastic full-body sound with amazingly wide scene, lots of details and very accurate holographic image. I just can't believe my ears. Here we go 300$+, here we go. Totally worth the money for magic which it ours out of earbuds. I refuse to imagine how does Poseidon sounds...))
I'm using foams as porous as VE/ali thin foams but super thick and the middle is bowl shaped...Like scooped out for extra space.

They are mod foams that wirk just perfect for the ling. I didn't think it sounded good at all with too thin or no foams, was very off tonally, but with very thick porous foam its so airy and just full enough. Detail is amazing I agree between mojito and BK. Much smoother than both overall. Bright sound which I love.

And the metal shell is perfect shape/size love it and thrle cable too. It's definitely my best bud with the mod foams.

It's like the BS1 sound with TOTL bass and extended treble. More space in the soundstage too.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #34,401 of 75,624
So in your opinion the PK16 is better than the PK32?

Edit: Never mind I just re-read your post and see you dont have the PK32. From what I've read cant go wrong with either.
Ya, don't have the pk32. But I really like the Pk16. I think I like it better than the mk300. The mk300 has a bit of bass bleed and can sounds a tad thick/unresolved in busy music. The Pk16 is very clear, light, agile. I put some decent eq into the Pk16 to try and squeeze more subbass out of it and I think it responds better than mk300 to that as well. Less bass on the Pk16, but more textures bass and better bass extension.

Sep 6, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #34,402 of 75,624
Ya, don't have the pk32. But I really like the Pk16. I think I like it better than the mk300. The mk300 has a bit of bass bleed and can sounds a tad thick/unresolved in busy music. The Pk16 is very clear, light, agile. I put some decent eq into the Pk16 to try and squeeze more subbass out of it and I think it responds better than mk300 to that as well. Less bass on the Pk16, but more textures bass and better bass extension.
Thanks for the mini-review. The PK16 definitely seems like a winner.

Sep 6, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #34,403 of 75,624

the PK16 can go deeeeep! :o2smile:. the PK32 seems more bassy because it has more midbass, but on extension it is a bit deeper. i also like the clean and dark background feel to it, like listening to an IEM.

the MK300 on the other hand is "soupy": clear enough but have an analog warmth to them, not to extended to lows and highs like the other Willsounds. great for intimate vocal music

Sep 6, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #34,404 of 75,624
Sep 7, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #34,405 of 75,624
well, i ssent willy the money for the pk16. that will put me at 6 buds total. will do another earbud schmackdown with these once i have them all and have burned them in:
willsound pk16
mx760 graphenes (black with metal grill as per recommended by another user)
yincrow rw-777
datura-x
diy pk2 16ohm
ve monk+

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #34,406 of 75,624
The more I listen to TM9, the more I'm addicted!

They now have something like 180+ hours of proper burning and they now impress me a lot. Now everything is better, bass is now tight and has a lot of impact, with smooth and nicely extended highs, with good amount of details. For sure, the best Blox release ever!

TM9 really needs a lot of burning to sound their best (I recommend at least 150 hours).
I feel like TM9 has a kind of warm signature, that is why is sounds easily good on every genres.

While TM9 plays in a champions league, I still believe that EBX is the best for details retrieving. On EBX, I completely rediscovered all my best tracks (which was not the case on TM9).
So all depends of what you are looking for, both are very complementary themselves.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back