Earbuds Round-Up
May 28, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #31,546 of 75,575
May 28, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #31,547 of 75,575
The longest wait I have with earphone order from China is about 8 months.

The pacakge took a month to travel, but it landed on the wrong continent (Africa instead of S.E.Asia), sat there in the wrong country's for over 3 months waiting, then they finally resent the package out - but only by the cheapest possible way, which is by sea, and that took a few more months to arrive.

Beat that!
At least you can claim some miles for the round trip

May 29, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #31,548 of 75,575
looking for recommendation for earbud to enjoy with hiby r3( coming next week), according to reviews the R3 is a warm DAP, so looking for something on the brighter side...any suggestion would be helpful :)

i listen mostly to melodic/progressive metal(any type of metal really) and rock occasionally..looking for something with fast bass attack/response and good instrument separation, budget around 50$ can go to 100$ if really worth it..currently looking at :
1-BEY V.01( from http://www.rholupat.com)
2- VE asura 2.0

fan of grado/byerdynamic headphones and ostry IEMs...if that helps

I´d rec the Ndoro. It´s a killer. Metal and the Asura? Nah.

May 29, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #31,549 of 75,575
May 29, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #31,550 of 75,575
try contacting the man himself @WillSound I'm he can help you out :smile_phones:

Thanks chinmie! Actually, after hearing the Liebesleid for weeks now with the foam mod I did, I think I will have to lay low for now here @ HF. I think I have found the sound that I'm looking for in an earbud form. This is not conclusive as I will continue to keep an eye on what's new from time to time. I enjoyed reading the posts in this thread especially by those people who are very helpful and objective on their opinion. The Willsounds are very tempting but I haven't heard any earbuds to-date as good as the Liebesleid. I know it's expensive for an earbud but for the sound that it produces and craftmanship alone, it's worth it. Thanks to ClieOS, sean and chinmie for your inputs and suggestions which helped me found this Moondrop gem.

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #31,551 of 75,575
Got my Toneking TO180 a few days ago, intended as an upgrade to the NiceHCK (I think?) graphene (old) for my casual use on the PC.

First impressions so far, these are very sensitive despite being 150ohms, needing quite a lower volume level than the graphene (which made volume matching a bit tricky). Made me wonder if the TO400 can also run off the PC just fine.

mid-forward sound sig, very lively on that front, vocals take center stage (makes it perfect for my daily use for series watching and whatnot). Graphene sounds dry/tinny compared to these (which makes sense since they're more balanced in that regard). Also more resolving on the details, making the wide soundstage and imaging even better. No sibilance as far as I've tested. Bass performance is adequate enough, quick and snappy. I'd say its a more "fun" earbud than the graphene.

so, in all, not really a direct upgrade if you want something similar to the graphene, but definitely better performing.

Thinking about how the TO400 might be just as easy to drive as these is tempting me to break my 6-months upgrade rule though

WyYUK5d.jpg

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #31,552 of 75,575
WOW just WOW. my iRobot vacuum cleaner almost ate my Graphenes then I rescued it at the nick of time.
One of the shell cracked but it's in working condition.

I replaced my worned out sponge with White and Gray. The bass is damn good right now.
Is there any difference compared to other sponges?

My Graphene is the transparent white with transparent copper cable. I think it's the newer MX760 graphene. Is this the preferred Graphene? Thanks

May 29, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #31,553 of 75,575
My Vidos arrived yesterday - they only cost me like $7 but they perform like a bud 5 times that price. Soundstage, depth and separation are all really impressive. I like the fit as well - the buds themselves are generic looking but the sound is fantastic. Big fan of these.

My FAAEAL Z-Sound 32s arrived also and they're what I have out with me today :)

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #31,554 of 75,575
WOW just WOW. my iRobot vacuum cleaner almost ate my Graphenes then I rescued it at the nick of time.
One of the shell cracked but it's in working condition.

You need to train your Robot better! ...or store your buds somewhere other than on the floor:)

May 29, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #31,557 of 75,575
I'm from India I want to buy willsounds too, I just need to wait for months to save some money. I'm going impatient reading good things about willsound everywhere, which should I get first I really liked the yuin shell one but it's not available in rholupat, damnnnnnnnn......

May 29, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #31,558 of 75,575
Thanks chinmie! Actually, after hearing the Liebesleid for weeks now with the foam mod I did, I think I will have to lay low for now here @ HF. I think I have found the sound that I'm looking for in an earbud form. This is not conclusive as I will continue to keep an eye on what's new from time to time. I enjoyed reading the posts in this thread especially by those people who are very helpful and objective on their opinion. The Willsounds are very tempting but I haven't heard any earbuds to-date as good as the Liebesleid. I know it's expensive for an earbud but for the sound that it produces and craftmanship alone, it's worth it. Thanks to ClieOS, sean and chinmie for your inputs and suggestions which helped me found this Moondrop gem.

for "that" type of sound, there's no other earbuds that are similar, that's why i also consider it as a keeper. you made a good decision to step back and enjoy what you have at the moment, and i know that is a hard thing to do

May 29, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #31,559 of 75,575
I'm from India I want to buy willsounds too, I just need to wait for months to save some money. I'm going impatient reading good things about willsound everywhere, which should I get first I really liked the yuin shell one but it's not available in rholupat, damnnnnnnnn......

Why don't you PM Willy and get a direct quote from him? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back