Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 22, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #30,437 of 75,262
they are kinda dirty in the best sense...multi eargasmic
the willsound house sound is a very welcome surprise.
expectations surpassed

I have the MK2 and MK3 in my cart right now.. Been a while since i purchased some buds. Gonna sell off my Diomnes and Raven soon i think. Lets see what happens.

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #30,439 of 75,262
Was out walking my dog listening to Boom Boom.
All of the sudden I thought I heard someone walk up on me from behind.
It was John Lee tapping his foot.
THAT’s never happened before.
Anyone hear stuff behind you with the mk2 rev 2 or any other earbud?

B5AA3909-BF79-4F3F-8E13-9CB3CC71D2CC.png

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #30,440 of 75,262
I don't think you can go wrong with these.
They are very engaging.
Keep in mind I've only had them for a couple of hours but yeah...
What stands out for me as far as the Blurs are concerned is clarity.
and those phenomenal mids.
I love that.
The MK2's are not neutral. Not unclear but they are V'ish. Very fun sound.
I'm listening to late 70's early 80's jazz funk (Don Blackman) which isn't my go to genre but these sound so delicious with that stuff...
Anything groove oriented with live bass and smooth funky analog synth is killing it right now. Sound is very wide around me.
I know I like these better than K's 300 Samsara but I can't say much else at this point.
Now I'm curious about Willsound's PK32.

I should have seen your signature before asking. Those are some sick collections you have. Salute. Blur is not bad based on your order of preference. No 2 and above HD800S is not bad at all. I'm impressed with MK2 by the way you described it and I think, based on your collections I could allign that our taste are more or less the same. It also happens that I own Edimun Rhodium too, do you think MK2 is still relevant to get ( let alone the Blur as it totally different signature ) despite being most affordable of the 3 ?

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #30,444 of 75,262
You guys are killing me! :)

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #30,445 of 75,262
I should have seen your signature before asking. Those are some sick collections you have. Salute. Blur is not bad based on your order of preference. No 2 and above HD800S is not bad at all. I'm impressed with MK2 by the way you described it and I think, based on your collections I could allign that our taste are more or less the same. It also happens that I own Edimun Rhodium too, do you think MK2 is still relevant to get ( let alone the Blur as it totally different signature ) despite being most affordable of the 3 ?

Thanks! Salute to you!
My personal ranking is only my opinion based on what I find myself reaching for but
as Guggga mentioned above, the mk2 is very fun. I do find it to be quite resolving though too.
I also feel strongly it’s at least a level (maybe 2) above the edimun v3 rhodium as far as sound is concerned. It could very well be what you want the edimun to be.
I don’t think it would make you unhappy.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #30,449 of 75,262
I’m think I’ll order the mk1 and mk3 tomorrow.
Very interested to hear your thoughts when they arrive!

I like the look of the MK1 but didn't go ahead with it as im not a fan of very warm sounding earbuds/headphones at all.

Definitely will throw out some info on the MK2/MK3 when they arrive via snail mail :)

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #30,450 of 75,262
Thanks! Salute to you!
My personal ranking is only my opinion based on what I find myself reaching for but
as Guggga mentioned above, the mk2 is very fun. I do find it to be quite resolving though too.
I also feel strongly it’s at least a level (maybe 2) above the edimun v3 rhodium as far as sound is concerned. It could very well be what you want the edimun to be.
I don’t think it would make you unhappy.

I got them together, sold the edimed v3 rho within a week. :)

Right now listening to Hallowed be thy name, Cradle of Filth version after years on the mk3. The seperation , layering, speed and vocals are fantastic.
20180120_173912_HDR-01.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back