Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 22, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #30,422 of 75,341
Wow no kidding.
That sure tuned everything right in!
Daaaaaang!
For $42 usd shipping included...
I havent heard anything else under 75 these don’t better imo.

Fun fact, willy (creator of willsound) also seems to sell his MK2 with thin foams fitted

Apr 22, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #30,424 of 75,341
I think I’m ok saying this,
$30 earbuds have no right to sound this good. I’m hearing layers. More depth.
They don’t sound like a retuned version of anything else either.

I have my eyes on the MK2 since long time ago but havent pushed the button yet. Still gathering more information and plenty are useful. Curious to know which earbud starts to show MK2 upper limit in your collection?
Currently, I have got a Blur 300 and its a pretty solid bud on its own. Love the huge and deep soundstage accompanied by beguiling midrange response especially on the vocals department. This thing wont hurt your ears even you try to crank up the volume. It just getting bigger and bolder.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #30,425 of 75,341
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask but here goes:

Do any of your have any experience with these high impedance earbuds and can give your opinions/comparisons on them? If you have any to recommend, please do so! My budget is around $25 but am willing to bump it up to $50. I've not been able to find a lot of reviews for some of the high impedance earbuds. Will be pairing with an O2 amp. I have a preference for the pk2 shells over the mx500 ones but it seems that I can't find any high impedance ones with the pk2 shells.

Here's what I've been thinking of so far:
seahf awk-150c
niceHCK EB200
FAAEAAL narcissus
FAAEAL 150
K's K300 (Non samsara)
TY Hi-Z 150

Lastly, as to why high impedance, I already have a couple of the ones recommended here, such as the vido, emx500, monk+, etc but would love to play around with one or two high impedance ones to see how they're like. I don't have a specific sound signature that I'm looking for, so if any of you who have experience with any of these can describe them, then that's really all I need. I've looked at tonekings but they're a little over budget atm.

Thank you :)

EDIT: Missed out some options!

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #30,426 of 75,341
I have my eyes on the MK2 since long time ago but havent pushed the button yet. Still gathering more information and plenty are useful. Curious to know which earbud starts to show MK2 upper limit in your collection?
Currently, I have got a Blur 300 and its a pretty solid bud on its own. Love the huge and deep soundstage accompanied by beguiling midrange response especially on the vocals department. This thing wont hurt your ears even you try to crank up the volume. It just getting bigger and bolder.

I don't think you can go wrong with these.
They are very engaging.
Keep in mind I've only had them for a couple of hours but yeah...
What stands out for me as far as the Blurs are concerned is clarity.
and those phenomenal mids.
I love that.
The MK2's are not neutral. Not unclear but they are V'ish. Very fun sound.
I'm listening to late 70's early 80's jazz funk (Don Blackman) which isn't my go to genre but these sound so delicious with that stuff...
Anything groove oriented with live bass and smooth funky analog synth is killing it right now. Sound is very wide around me.
I know I like these better than K's 300 Samsara but I can't say much else at this point.
Now I'm curious about Willsound's PK32.

Apr 22, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #30,427 of 75,341
Ive been grooving to the willsound mk3 with tidal on my lg v20. They have excellent seperation and imaging. The guitars sound very crunchy and are outside the vocals. Nice full sound. The driver is faster than my earlier mk2 special edition, the bass impact is immense. No sibilance yet clear and detailed sound.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #30,428 of 75,341
Some new more impressions about difference of Willsound MK1 rev2 versus MK2 rev2 : MK1 sounstage and presentation is like you listen to a concert but very far. On the MK2 you live the concert and almost is in the scene with artists.

Instrument separation is way better on MK1.

MK1 is definitely a more relaxing earbud, it can be listened at high volume all the time without any fatigue at all (which is for me exceptional).

Really, I like both of them for now. I enjoy switching between them.

They are both excellent for vocals (with a tad preference for MK1).

MK2 even if it lacks EMX500S sub-bass, finally does not need that at all as it excels better in every single other domains. WIllsound earbuds are much more transparent and natural sounding than the EMX500S.

Willsound buds never sound harsh or sibilant. They are absolutely amazingly and brilliantly tuned.

Those WIllsound products definitely should be much more considerate. They are now my favorite buds from all time!

Although MK3 does not tempt me (maybe if a rev2?), I will keep a serious eye on willsound updated products in the future!

Hope this helps a bit,

Cheers’

Burn in really opens up the mk1 rev 2. Like you noted, they have excellent seperation and everytime I hear them, I focus on the music.

The mk3 are excellent too, fun detailed and punchy full sound. They have more seperation, depth, wider syaging and impact than my ver 1 mk2 special edition.

The good thing is that all the willsounds are tuned differently and they're all fun to hear. I got three, waiting for the rest now.

Apr 22, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #30,429 of 75,341
Ive been grooving to the willsound mk3 with tidal on my lg v20. They have excellent seperation and imaging. The guitars sound very crunchy and are outside the vocals. Nice full sound. The driver is faster than my earlier mk2 special edition, the bass impact is immense. No sibilance yet clear and detailed sound.

I believe it!
Is your mk2 earlier than mine by chance? I have the black cable version...
I mean, the transients are showing up at the right time the right way.
I wouldn't say these drivers are ultra fast but not slow either.
Kind of just right as far as I'm concerned.

Apr 22, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #30,430 of 75,341
I believe it!
Is your mk2 earlier than mine by chance? I have the black cable version...
I mean, the transients are showing up at the right time the right way.
I wouldn't say these drivers are ultra fast but not slow either.
Kind of just right as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, mine are the older version. They are super fun and really envelope me in their sound. Discontinued now. The new versions seem to be tuned for a faster response and more seperation. Here's a pic
20180120_174011_HDR-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #30,432 of 75,341
Yes, mine are the older version. They are super fun and really envelope me in their sound. Discontinued now. The new versions seem to be tuned for a faster response and more seperation.

Wow.
I got these because I wanted something decent sounding that I didn't need to worry about taking care of too much.
These aren't that.
These are just extremely inexpensive for what they are imo.
lovin 'em

Users who are viewing this thread

Back