Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 21, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #30,391 of 75,143
I liked the features of the R6. Great screen, spotify and google play store support. Bypasses android sampling rate limitation for streaming apps. Best SQ for the first price quite possibly.

Reviews were comparing it to DX200 and X7ii which are both $200+ more expensive

I may have to settle for the Hiby R3 and use that for my earbuds, and get an amp if I ever want to power full size cans.

I have not heard the R6 yet but own a DX200 with Amp 5. Compared it to a AK380 in a store and found out both are comparable and one is not better than the other IMHO. AK380 has more warmth and organic on midrange and bass is more prominent ( tube-ish like ) while DX200 more strive on neutrality with wider soundstage and more resolution. There you go my recommendation for either DX200 or more lower priced and newly released DX150. Have read the raving reviews on the R6 and I believe it is pretty great dap for the price too. I hope you wont have any issue with it being 10 ohm output impedance be it with your low impedance earbuds and sensitive IEMs. Other than that, they are all great players to choose nowadays for a small chunk.

Apr 21, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #30,392 of 75,143
I liked the features of the R6. Great screen, spotify and google play store support. Bypasses android sampling rate limitation for streaming apps. Best SQ for the first price quite possibly.

Reviews were comparing it to DX200 and X7ii which are both $200+ more expensive

I may have to settle for the Hiby R3 and use that for my earbuds, and get an amp if I ever want to power full size cans.

I have tried both devices and I find DX150 is even better in dynamics, bass impact and soundstage. but it is your choice/money though. :wink:

DX150 has the nearly same feature though.

Apr 21, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #30,393 of 75,143
I have tried both devices and I find DX150 is even better in dynamics, bass impact and soundstage. but it is your choice/money though. :wink:

DX150 has the nearly same feature though.
Thanks I’ll look into it!

Edit: Oh I see it’s brand new... Looks promising. Good price too. Thank you very much for this recommendation.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #30,394 of 75,143
just got back from meeting my friends and tried the Toneking TO400s, Shozy Cygnus LE, and Simphonio Dragon 2 plus (and other Indo buds). here's my short impression on them:
TO400s - nice warm sound, good detail, although the treble is a bit rolled off for my taste. great cable
Shozy Cygnus LE - larger staging than the regular cygnus, more closer signature to BK, but the BK have faster attack
SD2+ - wide and exceptional staging and separation. balanced sound presentation

Apr 21, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #30,395 of 75,143
just got back from meeting my friends and tried the Toneking TO400s, Shozy Cygnus LE, and Simphonio Dragon 2 plus (and other Indo buds). here's my short impression on them:
TO400s - nice warm sound, good detail, although the treble is a bit rolled off for my taste. great cable
Shozy Cygnus LE - larger staging than the regular cygnus, more closer signature to BK, but the BK have faster attack
Surprising for a Toneking bud to lack treble :)

Did they have foams on them while you were checking them out?

Apr 21, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #30,396 of 75,143
Surprising for a Toneking bud to lack treble :)

Did they have foams on them while you were checking them out?

full foams. it's not that it lacks treble compared to other buds, just not extended enough for me. in fact the treble is much more mature than the tomahawk that i found too fatiguing (all off my friends don't like the older Tonekings). if it was mine, i think i would use thin foams on them

Apr 21, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #30,397 of 75,143

Any comparisons to the Liebesleid? I'll have mine in soon.

Edit: with the SD2+

Apr 21, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #30,398 of 75,143
Any comparisons to the Liebesleid? I'll have mine in soon.

Edit: with the SD2+

liebesleid have more treble extension, more upfront sound, while the SD2+ have a more laidback/relaxed presentation. SQ wise i feel they are on the same level)

Apr 21, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #30,399 of 75,143
full foams. it's not that it lacks treble compared to other buds, just not extended enough for me. in fact the treble is much more mature than the tomahawk that i found too fatiguing (all off my friends don't like the older Tonekings). if it was mine, i think i would use thin foams on them
That’s what I’ll do thanks, I like extended treble without any peaks but I’ll settle for a little roll off with thin aliexpress foams for this one. Excited to try it with a balanced I bought.

Apr 21, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #30,401 of 75,143

You look to be right about the rolled off treble, though it’s easy on the ears for extended listening. Here’s frequency graph I got from the seller, it’s hard to tell much from it since this is earbud graph but the highs do taper off

EDC0044A-B53F-46B7-B8C1-5FDE60012956.jpeg

Apr 21, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #30,402 of 75,143
@Carrow what’s your source for the Masya? I’m still using my V20 daily until I get the Hiby R6.

Cayin N3, high gain with volume around 40. Mid gain is enough I think but I'm enjoying the added oomph! Masya are hella comfortable actually, I have no issue leaving them in while sleeping :)

Apr 21, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #30,403 of 75,143
Some new more impressions about difference of Willsound MK1 rev2 versus MK2 rev2 : MK1 sounstage and presentation is like you listen to a concert but very far. On the MK2 you live the concert and almost is in the scene with artists.

Instrument separation is way better on MK1.

MK1 is definitely a more relaxing earbud, it can be listened at high volume all the time without any fatigue at all (which is for me exceptional).

Really, I like both of them for now. I enjoy switching between them.

They are both excellent for vocals (with a tad preference for MK1).

MK2 even if it lacks EMX500S sub-bass, finally does not need that at all as it excels better in every single other domains. WIllsound earbuds are much more transparent and natural sounding than the EMX500S.

Willsound buds never sound harsh or sibilant. They are absolutely amazingly and brilliantly tuned.

Those WIllsound products definitely should be much more considerate. They are now my favorite buds from all time!

Although MK3 does not tempt me (maybe if a rev2?), I will keep a serious eye on willsound updated products in the future!

Hope this helps a bit,

Cheers’

Apr 21, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #30,404 of 75,143
Thanks I’ll look into it!

Edit: Oh I see it’s brand new... Looks promising. Good price too. Thank you very much for this recommendation.
To be honest I think if i could i would cancel my r6 order now and get the ibasso dx150 instead. Don't think I can cancel my order though

Apr 21, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #30,405 of 75,143
Cayin N3, high gain with volume around 40. Mid gain is enough I think but I'm enjoying the added oomph! Masya are hella comfortable actually, I have no issue leaving them in while sleeping :)
I assume you do not sleep on your side or you’d have a painful nights sleep with the bulky masya’s. They are very comfortable but I couldn’t rest them against a pillow without significant discomfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back