Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 27, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #29,446 of 75,148
These were the first ones before the clear
20180328_012532[1].jpg

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #29,447 of 75,148
Is the Liebesleid that bass-light? I have 2 concerns now getting this over the Blue BK - fit and bass. I'm not a basshead kind of guy but the lack of one is unacceptable. I have the EMX500, DIY Graphene and Cygnus. Those have sufficient bass for my preference. Any advice?

Mar 27, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #29,448 of 75,148
Is the Liebesleid that bass-light? I have 2 concerns now getting this over the Blue BK - fit and bass. I'm not a basshead kind of guy but the lack of one is unacceptable. I have the EMX500, DIY Graphene and Cygnus. Those have sufficient bass for my preference. Any advice?
The K’s black ling is discounted during the aliexpress sale, maybe consider that one?

Although I’ll never not recommend the Shozy BK for its wonderful analog quality :)

Mar 27, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #29,449 of 75,148
Burning in my NiceHCK DIY Graphene (clear) - the newer cheaper version... I could not remember if I had burned them in when I got them. Probably not as I got too many at once. It can be overwhelming to get too many at once.

IMAG0003[1].jpg

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #29,450 of 75,148

It's lighter in bass then the Shozy BK, Diomnes, and Cypherus buds I've owned. It's just a different signature.

I always thought that if the Rose Mojito were the HD800, then the Liebesleid are the HD800S. Warmer tonality in comparison, but it's still an analytical sound signature.

I think the only reservations I had were it's bass extension, but I'm going on hazy memory at this point. I'll let someone else comment on that.

Mar 27, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #29,451 of 75,148

If you coming from Vidos and EMX500 then yes, the Liebesleid would seem light on bass. They do extend deep down, and have enough bass volume that i still enjoy listening to massive attack with it. Also they respond well with EQ bass boost if one needs it.

So go for it if you like sub bass extension, but find something else if you prefer large bass volume (Poseidon and other K's buds).

Mar 27, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #29,452 of 75,148
@chinmie that’s a good point some earbuds that don’t distort too much and have quality and extension but just lack a little umph in the bass can be EQ’d slightly to bring it out more, although obviously bass lovers won’t find this enough. Personally I think the Shozy BK has enough bass to satisfy most genres other than EDM/House music but I would never call it a bassy earbud.

Anything less than that may indeed be a little bass light for some. I personally dislike overpowering bass but tight low end extension and a quick control in the bass sounds pretty addictive :D

When you hear stuff with some drums/Bass guitar/deep bass thump it really gets you engaged in the music^^

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #29,453 of 75,148
Thanks @ctaxxxx @chinmie @seanc6441 for the comments.

@ctaxxxx So did you end up selling it because of that? Or you still own it at the moment and not plan of selling it because of the other qualities it has?

@chinmie I think I've read somewhere that you love the Liebesleid and it's still in your signature although it may not be updated anymore.Is it your current favorite? Do you think it can play most music genre well despite of being slightly less on bass?

@seanc6441 You have high regards with the BK and you have been consistent with that althroughout this thread. And you have both BS1 and Masya which I previously planned to buy. So I guess there's really something magical with the BK that most people like it one way or another. Clinging to that idea still.....

Personally, I prefer extensions, resolution and tonality rather than bass volume alone. Impact as well is important but usually for me it applies on gaming and movies. For pure music bliss, overall signature is what matters to me.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #29,455 of 75,148
Thanks @ctaxxxx @chinmie @seanc6441 for the comments.

@ctaxxxx So did you end up selling it because of that? Or you still own it at the moment and not plan of selling it because of the other qualities it has?

@chinmie I think I've read somewhere that you love the Liebesleid and it's still in your signature although it may not be updated anymore.Is it your current favorite? Do you think it can play most music genre well despite of being slightly less on bass?

@seanc6441 You have high regards with the BK and you have been consistent with that althroughout this thread. And you have both BS1 and Masya which I previously planned to buy. So I guess there's really something magical with the BK that most people like it one way or another. Clinging to that idea still.....

Personally, I prefer extensions, resolution and tonality rather than bass volume alone. Impact as well is important but usually for me it applies on gaming and movies. For pure music bliss, overall signature is what matters for me.
Well I just like the BK for what it does right with neutral- slightly warm lush tone and analog quality, but I cannot say it suits every genre (metal and EDM struggle).

If you want a TOTL earbud that is just great at almost everything maybe the bk isn’t the answer but I personally love it for the tonality and resolution although I don’t think it’s sub bass extension is as good as the Masya or some other TOTL earbuds quite possibly. I really love it’s bass for 70/80s rock and for this kind of natural bass notes because it’s rich and textured bass with a sort of dry quality to it (which I like in this case), some call it a little monotonous (there isn’t huge separation of sub and mid bass notes) but to me it’s ideal for genres of natural bass (nothing electronic mainly).

I’ve changed my tone with the Masya after applying some filter paper until a thin aliexpress foam (the $1 for 100 pack) I’m really addicted to the sound of the Masya now. It’s slightly less bright and harsh and it’s so light and clear still. Very addictive for instrumental and now vocals too. The solution only came to my mind after trying filter paper in my full size HD540 cans to tame the upper mid and treble.

For the earbuds I needed to poke a few holes in the filter to stop the sound becoming too congested for the tiny earbud driver but the filters work a charm imo. I’ll probably take it just above the BS1 for its fit and lighter cable + light energetic sound.

Jrazmar remind me again which earbuds have you liked the most so far? And do you like the MX500 size shell, or preferably something smaller/bigger for comfort?

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #29,456 of 75,148
My daily driver now is the NiceHCK DIY Graphene. I previously owned VE Zen 1& 2 and now EMX500, Cygnus and Monk+. As fas as I could remember, the graphene has the tastiest sound that I have ever heard in an earphone. That's why with my need to upgrade, I'm looking for something that is within that route as far as sound signature goes. And someone from this thread said that the BK sounds almost the same as the graphene. Still others said in no way.

Comfort-wise, I don't have issue with these type of shell. The only earphones that I have comfort issue was the Earbell M100. That's my worry with the Liebesleid as it resembles its form somehow someway and I might be biting on something that I might regret later. So I'm thoroughly researching before pulling the golden trigger...:)

Mar 27, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #29,457 of 75,148
@chinmie that’s a good point some earbuds that don’t distort too much and have quality and extension but just lack a little umph in the bass can be EQ’d slightly to bring it out more, although obviously bass lovers won’t find this enough. Personally I think the Shozy BK has enough bass to satisfy most genres other than EDM/House music but I would never call it a bassy earbud.

Anything less than that may indeed be a little bass light for some. I personally dislike overpowering bass but tight low end extension and a quick control in the bass sounds pretty addictive :D

When you hear stuff with some drums/Bass guitar/deep bass thump it really gets you engaged in the music^^

from what I've analyzed, basshead earphones is more about volume, and extension takes second place. that's why some basshead loves the Qian39, while i think it's kinda rolled off in the lows..

i myself prefer sub bass and just enough volume on the midbass to hear the bass guitar notes and the kick drum clicks. too much mid bass gives me a headache :sweat_smile:

I think I've read somewhere that you love the Liebesleid and it's still in your signature although it may not be updated anymore.Is it your current favorite? Do you think it can play most music genre well despite of being slightly less on bass?

Personally, I prefer extensions, resolution and tonality rather than bass volume alone. Impact as well is important but usually for me it applies on gaming and movies. For pure music bliss, overall signature is what matters for me.

it's still updated, and yes, that is still my current favorite. sometimes i like listening to EDM with balanced type buds, and to folk music with the big bass buds like the vido. it's like going through the same road with a car, and then with a bike..same road, different experience, all enjoyable in their own way. you want to go fast, or do you want to enjoy the air and the scenery?

all buds technically suitable for any music, it's just because of the way they are tuned, they might give more information on certain aspects /frequency of the music while also losing some on the other parts. that's why having at least several different tuned earphones is preferable.

after all, it's better to play golf with more than one club, right? :grin:

Mar 27, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #29,458 of 75,148
My daily driver now is the NiceHCK DIY Graphene. I previously owned VE Zen 1& 2 and now EMX500, Cygnus and Monk+. As fas as I could remember, the graphene has the tastiest sound that I have ever heard in an earphone. That's why with my need to upgrade, I'm looking for something that is within that route as far as sound signature goes. And someone from this thread said that the BK sounds almost the same as the graphene. Still others said in no way.

Comfort-wise, I don't have issue with these type of shell. The only earphones that I have comfort issue was the Earbell M100. That's my worry with the Liebesleid as it resembles its form somehow someway and I might be biting on something that I might regret later. So I'm thoroughly researching before pulling the golden trigger...:)
Well the fact that you are enjoying your graphene over the Zen earbuds suggests that you prefer a brighter tonality or at the very least not a dark one. BK is pretty neutral/balanced imo. It has some qualities of a darker signature like a full bodied mid range and a punchy bass note, but it doesn’t sacrifice the upper frequencies as the treble is airy and nicely extended. To my ears the graphene is more V shaped with a more boomy mid bass and a stronger treble emphasis but the mids are a little recessed especially around the vocal region.

The BK is a little more natural and controlled throughout the frequency range, with less sharp high’s, tighter bass and more balanced natural tonality in the mids.

It’s hard to suggest similar buds to the graphene’s because there are a few variants and it’s hard to say if each seller’s version is the same...

I could say it sounds in between the BK and the Masya but it’s got a different hint of metallic sound to its signature or I guess it’s the graphene sound?

The Toneking Tomahawk has some similarities to that signature so maybe the new Toneking TO400 will follow suit in terms of a slightly bright approach?

Although you’ll have to ask Hungry Panda about that! I’ll be grabbing one during the sale too :)

Mar 27, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #29,459 of 75,148
So did you end up selling it because of that? Or you still own it at the moment and not plan of selling it because of the other qualities it has?

Kind of. I sold it because it was bass light compared to Cypherus bud, which I mainly owned at the time, but my tastes have changed. It was also 3.5mm, and I now much prefer iBasso's balanced amps. They just sound so much better, surprisingly.

Still wondering if I should buy it again, since I'm having fit issues now... The small, metal housing was an odd fit. The weight did help though.

Mar 27, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #29,460 of 75,148
from what I've analyzed, basshead earphones is more about volume, and extension takes second place. that's why some basshead loves the Qian39, while i think it's kinda rolled off in the lows..

i myself prefer sub bass and just enough volume on the midbass to hear the bass guitar notes and the kick drum clicks. too much mid bass gives me a headache :sweat_smile:

it's still updated, and yes, that is still my current favorite. sometimes i like listening to EDM with balanced type buds, and to folk music with the big bass buds like the vido. it's like going through the same road with a car, and then with a bike..same road, different experience, all enjoyable in their own way. you want to go fast, or do you want to enjoy the air and the scenery?

all buds technically suitable for any music, it's just because of the way they are tuned, they might give more information on certain aspects /frequency of the music while also losing some on the other parts. that's why having at least several different tuned earphones is preferable.

after all, it's better to play golf with more than one club, right? :grin:

I agree with everything you said but also, I only have 2 ears and sometimes it's a nice feeling to know that you have a reliable companion that you can listen to regardless of your mood. could be a magic carpet ride based on the analogy you've given. :) I, too, don't like the feeling of congestion in any way that's why IEM did not work for me, losing those small details that could have heard if enough space between notes and instruments are available within ones head. yes, I guess I prefer the sub-bass impact, the kick and a little oomph here and there but not necessarily bass volume with regards to bass preference. And as long as it does not cloud the rest of the frequency, I'm fine with it.

Well the fact that you are enjoying your graphene over the Zen earbuds suggests that you prefer a brighter tonality or at the very least not a dark one. BK is pretty neutral/balanced imo. It has some qualities of a darker signature like a full bodied mid range and a punchy bass note, but it doesn’t sacrifice the upper frequencies as the treble is airy and nicely extended. To my ears the graphene is more V shaped with a more boomy mid bass and a stronger treble emphasis but the mids are a little recessed especially around the vocal region.

The BK is a little more natural and controlled throughout the frequency range, with less sharp high’s, tighter bass and more balanced natural tonality in the mids.

It’s hard to suggest similar buds to the graphene’s because there are a few variants and it’s hard to say if each seller’s version is the same...

I could say it sounds in between the BK and the Masya but it’s got a different hint of metallic sound to its signature or I guess it’s the graphene sound?

The Toneking Tomahawk has some similarities to that signature so maybe the new Toneking TO400 will follow suit in terms of a slightly bright approach?

Although you’ll have to ask Hungry Panda about that! I’ll be grabbing one during the sale too :)

The Tomahawk did not work for me. Too edgy and striking for my taste and I don't listen to metals. EDM, yes sometimes. I guess whether Liebesleid or BK, I can't be wrong with my decision. Your description of the graphene is spot on. And the BK is perhaps a more mature earphone in that case. It could be an improvement over the graphene in some ways and could be totally different for one's taste. Wish I could hear both before I purchase then deciding would be very, very easy.

Kind of. I sold it because it was bass light compared to Cypherus bud, which I mainly owned at the time, but my tastes have changed. It was also 3.5mm, and I now much prefer iBasso's balanced amps. They just sound so much better, surprisingly.

Still wondering if I should buy it again, since I'm having fit issues now... The small, metal housing was an odd fit. The weight did help though.

Not sure which "it" are you meaning here when you say you want to buy it again but you are having fit issues currently. Is it the Liebesleid or the Cypherus? I'm guessing it's the Liebesleid since you sold it already but not sure with the other things. :) Please clarify.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back