Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 16, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #29,071 of 75,470
Nice list! I only have 2 of those, but I concur with your rankings (of those two at least lol!)
I honestly couldn't pick between my masya bk and bs1 now. Depends on my mood and the genre, all do different things amazingly. Masya is in my ears now listening to London Grammer, a perfect match for euphoric vocals and extended deep bass and clear high´s. Airy and atmospheric is my best description of the sound here.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #29,072 of 75,470
This is in order of preference right?

Surprised the BK is lowish, did you try the donuts? Although I'm guessing you prefer brighter earbuds judging by the top 10 placements.

I found a new love for my Masya a few days ago when I ditched thick foams for super thin aliexpress foams + paper filter. It´s so clean and light, smoother than before but keeping detail/texture you lose with the stock foams.

I wouldn't call it bright anymore, it gives the feeling of a dark earbud but is clear and clean sounding like a bright bud, hard to explain- but so easy to listen to :)

Overall it just sounds neutral and transparent with only a hint of warmth/darkness. So good now and no real fatigue compared to without the paper filter where the sound with thin foams was murderously bright.

Yes, you are right I prefer earbuds with clear and transparent presentation. But I thinking that the first 4 earbuds are very good in detail and the Rose Masya is my first love, LOL. The downside of the Masya is the fit that is a bit annoying for me. Ah, and thanks for your advice with the Foams :)

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #29,073 of 75,470
I honestly couldn't pick between my masya bk and bs1 now. Depends on my mood and the genre, all do different things amazingly.

It's great that you have those to enjoy, and that you enjoy them all.

Masya is in my ears now listening to London Grammer, a perfect match for euphoric vocals and extended deep bass and clear high´s. Airy and atmospheric is my best description of the sound here.

London Grammar is good, but it's too bad that the vocalist is so weak:

Just kidding of course. Hannah Reid's voice, and that song, always give me goosebumps.

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #29,075 of 75,470
My latest top 10 independent form price are as follows :slight_smile:
1. Penon BS1 Official
2. NiceHCK EBX
3. K'S 300 Ohm Samsara Ver.
4. Rose Masya
5. DIY Graphene (Black Housing)
6. Shozy BK
7. Hifi BOY Dream
8. VE Zen 2.0 (Standard)
9. Ourart Ti7
10. DIY PK2

Just wondering why TOTL wasn't written next to each of these; If I'm to understand its use on this thread?

I'm making a stupid joke.....but when is it that someone types TOTL next to these models?

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #29,076 of 75,470
It's great that you have those to enjoy, and that you enjoy them all.

London Grammar is good, but it's too bad that the vocalist is so weak:

Just kidding of course. Hannah Reid's voice, and that song, always give me goosebumps.

I was about shake my head in disapproval when you said ‘weak’ but then read the final sentence :D

My favourite female vocalist isn’t even a star yet, but damn if her voice isn’t just perfection to my ears

and she covers pink floyd too...:L3000:

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #29,080 of 75,470
This is a matter of personal preferences, I like the EBX and I was really surprised how transparent it sounds. But the BS1 Official has additional warmth and fullness that was missing on the EBX.
Is the ebx more like the masya then? clear and ‘light’? Although I know the masya is kind of warm sound too thanks to the bass driver.

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #29,081 of 75,470
Just wondering why TOTL wasn't written next to each of these; If I'm to understand its use on this thread?

I'm making a stupid joke.....but when is it that someone types TOTL next to these models?

All of this listed earbuds are TOTL for me because they are performing much much better than many IEM's that have twice the price :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mar 16, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #29,082 of 75,470
Is the ebx more like the masya then? clear and ‘light’? Although I know the masya is kind of warm sound too thanks to the bass driver.

The Masya sound's fuller in the midrange than BS1 and EBX. The EBX sound's more transparent than Masya in in this area but has not enough body and warmth. The BS1 is in the middle right between the Masya and EBX. BTW, BS1 has additional micro detail what is very good for a price tag of 99 USD, especially for such a great cable and premium package.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #29,083 of 75,470
The Masya sound's fuller in the midrange than BS1 and EBX. The EBX sound's more transparent than Masya in in this area but has not enough body and warmth. The BS1 is in the middle right between the Masya and EBX. BTW, BS1 has additional micro detail what is very good for a price tag of 99 USD, especially for such a great cable and premium package.
Interesting, to my ears the BS1 is fuller than masya, but the tonality is more neutral and the masya is more warm/musical. They have comparable low end fullness but the masya is a little more extended, masya has more powerful high frequencies but it’s not night and day difference. But for midrange vocals especially I think the BS1 is more weighty but relaxed, masya lighter and more upfront presence.

I’d gladly take a combination of masya tonality and forward vocals with BS1 smoothness, deep vocal body and depth/layering.

of course the shozy bk dominates them both with ease for vocal body and texture it’s on a whole other level, but doesn’t have the soundstage to make it ‘grand’ sounding. It’s an intimate lush vocal presentation.

But as it is they both do things well in a different manner on my V20.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #29,084 of 75,470
Interesting, to my ears the BS1 is fuller than masya, but the tonality is more neutral and the masya is more warm/musical. They have comparable low end fullness but the masya is a little more extended, masya has more powerful high frequencies but it’s not night and day difference. But for midrange vocals especially I think the BS1 is more weighty but relaxed, masya lighter and more upfront presence.

I’d gladly take a combination of masya tonality and forward vocals with BS1 smoothness, deep vocal body and depth/layering.

of course the shozy bk dominates them both with ease for vocal body and texture it’s on a whole other level, but doesn’t have the soundstage to make it ‘grand’ sounding. It’s an intimate lush vocal presentation.

But as it is they both do things well in a different manner on my V20.
Great description and comparison! The sound of earbuds are very fit depending, I have not so good experiences with it that could change the sound drastically :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back