1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. chinmie
    It's hiding to take a break, and let the other buds a play time chance :k701smile:

what about the 150C to the MK2?

waynes world likes this.
  2. HungryPanda
    Both are different in sound i would be happy with either

chinmie likes this.
  3. chaiyuta
    Frequency Response Graph is good for preliminary to know its sound tendency, but it is not identical to real-life individual.
    First, a source is effect to SQ. Changing a source, FR graph will alter. Otherwise nobody seek for better sources.
    Second, the fitting on pseudo-ears measurement device is not the same as individual ears (both external and internal), except custom IEMs which go deep until the second-turn of the ear canal. In case of earbuds, any air-leak affects to overall SQ.
    Third, the sensitivity of measurement (so called 'mic' specs). Any earphones that got 'Hires-Audio' logo cause they use high specs of 'mic' to get something beyond 20kHz.

4. zeta555
    anyone got their hand on the simphonio dragon 2+ yet? any reviews? I'm bored with my buds, looking for some new toys

5. golov17
    Not yet

6. zeta555
    did you order one? how about the old one, is it still any good?

7. seanc6441
    You’re definitely right, I used the measurements as a rough estimate to find areas to ‘target’ with a wide quality on Equalizer APO.

I changed the following...

200hz -0.3db Q=0.5
    2400khz -0.3db Q=4
    4600khz +0.6 Q=4
    7500khz +1.5db Q=3
    12500khz -0.3db Q=5

this was done on my laptop is a rough estimate in taming and bumping certain region to balance the graph @ClieOS provided.

It was pretty successful to my ears, the sound is more natural now, similar to my shozy cygnus without the mid bass bloat and with better extension and better clarity. I trust shozy’s tuning to be fairy natural and used that and my masya to compare against the bs1 on my laptop to prove to myself this odd tonality wasn’t imagined... It wasn’t. But now it’s just nice to my ears as I wanted it to be.

Honestly I’m content with this as that annoying glare is completely gone.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  8. golov17
    absolutely new driver, not titanium, like old ones. Another sound should be, although I have not heard yet..
    n3.jpg

9. zeta555
    yeah that's what I'm curious about, although I hate that earbud shell. a $300 earbud should use a better earbud shell, and not look like a $15 earbud. IMHO.

10. seanc6441
    Yuin PK shell is awesome for comfort though, at least to me. Love that shell lol!

11. zeta555
    yeah, it's pretty comfortable. but pk1 was released in what? 2005/2006? more than a decade. I'm sure they can come up with something better. especially for high end buds. just like moondrop line and new k's buds.

chaiyuta likes this.
  12. seanc6441
    True, but there’s been weight/fit complaints about those buds. Why change something that’s not broken?

If the pk shell had a flaw I’d understand but currently it’s still one of the most comfortable and convenient designs. Literally the only downside is it cannot fit 15.6 drivers.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  13. golov17
    Like this? :wink:
    [​IMG]

HungryPanda, Danneq and chellity like this.
  14. zeta555
    other downside, it looks cheap.

now this is better. I saw this one in the fb group. it's silver right? or is it only silver paint?