Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 15, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #29,041 of 75,144
@seanc6441 You're the king around here, you know you're crap

The black variant does have bass but not like the clear (still trying to figure that out)
Just did an A/B test with the Vido's. The Vido seemed very muddy compared to the EMX500 clear shells.

That being said, we all are into different sound signatures.

BTW..thanks for putting in a wealth of info into this thread, you da man.

Mar 15, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #29,042 of 75,144
@seanc6441 You're the king around here, you know you're crap

The black variant does have bass but not like the clear (still trying to figure that out)
Just did an A/B test with the Vido's. The Vido seemed very muddy compared to the EMX500 clear shells.

That being said, we all are into different sound signatures.

BTW..thanks for putting in a wealth of info into this thread, you da man.
No I believe Sir ClieOS is the rightful king :D

Thanks man, it’s basically a new hobby for me and I get invested in my hobbies lol. It’s been fun! It’s the contribution of everyone on here and the friendly attitude to new comers that makes this a special place though.

Out of curiosity have you heard the RX1 or moondrop nameless? And if so how does your emx500 clear and emxs500 compare?

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #29,043 of 75,144
The RX1 is a gem indeed but I always go back to either 2 earbuds

- EMX500 (clear) but that's not the best one out of the collection

I'm REALLY into the Snow Lotus 2.0, it's 64ohm so I have to push it a little but the payoff is amazing. MUCH cleaner the EMX and deeper bass. Mind you, I'm running this off a cheapo Sound Blaster OMNI headphone amp.

I have not tried the Moondrop.
I also have this still sealed (BS1) Waiting for my Hiby R6 to arrive. Can't wait to hear them!

Photo_Mar_15_7_02_07_PM.jpg

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #29,044 of 75,144
@Mezzi , if you are directly comparing EMX500 and Vido, especially if you've listened to EMX for some time, Vido will sound muddy and give an impression that it is completely lacking in treble. But if you suffer through about 10 mins with Vidos, your impression will change considerably. (still not EMX level of perceived clarity and sparkle but not a muddy mess that it sounds like when quickly comparing)

Having said this, EMX is better imho. Vido is made for people that prefer relaxed smooth sound (and hopefully bass light music, otherwise that smooth sound takes a step back to bass quantity).

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #29,045 of 75,144
@Mezzi : A Viablue plug detected!! On the left-side, is it a Buddha image?

By the way, recently I look up to the rholupat website and I find DIY modded earbuds so called 'BEJO' (Edifier H180 Mod) and 'Vaijiac' (Elibud Vifth Mod). Does anyone tried them? May I know your impression?

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #29,046 of 75,144

I'm REALLY into the Snow Lotus 2.0, it's 64ohm so I have to push it a little but the payoff is amazing. MUCH cleaner the EMX and deeper bass. Mind you, I'm running this off a cheapo Sound Blaster OMNI headphone amp.

I also have this still sealed (BS1) Waiting for my Hiby R6 to arrive. Can't wait to hear them!

Burn-in-buddies! I have done that with several buds/iem and DAP combos. Two new toys are better than one!

Mar 15, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #29,047 of 75,144
From what my friend said, it is a great sounding jakk of all trades earbuds, meaning it would work great if you listen to wide variety of music.
I agree with @noknok23 suggestion, the samsara is another great all arounder that you should try.
Well, thats what I wanna hear thanks. Yep, listen to classical and jazz mustly but to electro and indie signers as well, so an All arounder, especially in this price range, is a MUST!

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #29,049 of 75,144
@Mezzi , if you are directly comparing EMX500 and Vido, especially if you've listened to EMX for some time, Vido will sound muddy and give an impression that it is completely lacking in treble. But if you suffer through about 10 mins with Vidos, your impression will change considerably. (still not EMX level of perceived clarity and sparkle but not a muddy mess that it sounds like when quickly comparing)

Having said this, EMX is better imho. Vido is made for people that prefer relaxed smooth sound (and hopefully bass light music, otherwise that smooth sound takes a step back to bass quantity).

Emx500 clear is the best variant ?

Mar 16, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #29,050 of 75,144
@snip3r77

Absolutely!... but don't ask me why. The cable is different from all the other ones (silver cable) which may contribute to the difference but I'm not 100%.
But there is a clear difference (no pun intended). More sub, more air, wider soundstage.

The black one with brown cable doesn't come close to the sound of the transparent.

Screenshot_2673.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #29,054 of 75,144

Ohhh hiby r6! Very nice please let me know how it plays with earbuds having such a high output impendance! You know this right?

Besides there’s a simple solution of buying an ifi earbuddy/iematch to lower the output impendance to 1-2.5 ohm so it’s not a deal breaker for earbud/iem users.

Try that Bs1 overear with super thin foams :)

You can try my tape mod (ask for an updated version im always improving it lol) if you aren’t getting the bud to fit/stay in place and a good seal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back