Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 3, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #28,711 of 75,467
That’s weird about your Masya’s because Masya is a vocal bud. They should be the most prominent thing in the sound spectrum. Have you tried reversing the inputs to make sure they are in the correct way? You never know if things are wired correctly...your ears will tell you....or a multimeter.
They are prominent, they just lack any body/weight to them. I had 2 masya’s both the same. I value the fullness and lush texture of vocals and masyas vocals are just clear.

I use it for instrumental stuff but honestly I don’t like it for vocals at all.

I tried the wires both ways, even reversed the pins on one but the sound was out of phase.

Mar 3, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #28,712 of 75,467
If I prefer old fashion smooth vocal ,what earbud do I has to try ?

TOTL buds? What kind of smooth vocals? Do you prefer thick sounding mids /vocals, or do you prefer clear and light mids?

Mar 3, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #28,714 of 75,467
TOTL buds? What kind of smooth vocals? Do you prefer thick sounding mids /vocals, or do you prefer clear and light mids?

Yes sir TOTL earbud only. My favorite sound is slightly warm. Umm too hard to explain but my favorite singer is Willie Nelson ,James Taylor ,Carpenter ,Josh turner ,David Roth ,Jheena Lodwick etc. I have not dance ,electronic ,speed metal ,trash metal etc. song in my hardisk. I hope this information can explain what kind of sound I like. Thanks.

Mar 3, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #28,715 of 75,467
Yes sir TOTL earbud only. My favorite sound is slightly warm. Umm too hard to explain but my favorite singer is Willie Nelson ,James Taylor ,Carpenter ,Josh turner ,David Roth ,Jheena Lodwick etc. I have not dance ,electronic ,speed metal ,trash metal etc. song in my hardisk. I hope this information can explain what kind of sound I like. Thanks.

Are you able to carry amp to use with earbud? Because I will recommend either ve zen or pk1 with some good amp like alo rx3b or cypherlab duet.

But if you want real portable, I recommend shozy stardust.

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #28,716 of 75,467
Are you able to carry amp to use with earbud? Because I will recommend either ve zen or pk1 with some good amp like alo rx3b or cypherlab duet.

But if you want real portable, I recommend shozy stardust.

I have Pico power amp. I tried VE Zen 2 and PK1 but I think Zen2 is too dark and PK1 is too bright. I like BK and TO200. Now I search for better earbud if possible. Thanks.

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #28,717 of 75,467
I have Pico power amp. I tried VE Zen 2 and PK1 but I think Zen2 is too dark and PK1 is too bright. I like BK and TO200. Now I search for better earbud if possible. Thanks.

Just notice you are from same city. After knowing those earbuds you have been listening till now, so hard for me to recommend another.

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #28,718 of 75,467

Nice soothing selection there sir!

Here's my suggestions:
Liebesleid - most mid clarity/treble sparkle, largest soundstage. The most impressive technically, but also the most expensive.

Puresound PS100-500 /600 - similar like Liebesleid with more bass, but smaller stage and clarity treble (the 600 is rather power hungry though. Must use an amp. The 500 can still be driven by phones)

Yinman 600 /500 -similar to puresound with thicker mids and overall warmer sound. Treble also slightly more sparkly. The 500 is warmer than 600

Rose Masya - similar to Yinman 600 with wider stage and more relaxed mids

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #28,719 of 75,467
Nice soothing selection there sir!

Here's my suggestions:
Liebesleid - most mid clarity/treble sparkle, largest soundstage. The most impressive technically, but also the most expensive.

Puresound PS100-500 /600 - similar like Liebesleid with more bass, but smaller stage and clarity treble (the 600 is rather power hungry though. Must use an amp. The 500 can still be driven by phones)

Yinman 600 /500 -similar to puresound with thicker mids and overall warmer sound. Treble also slightly more sparkly. The 500 is warmer than 600

Rose Masya - similar to Yinman 600 with wider stage and more relaxed mids

How Liebesleid compare to rose mojito?
Is it cable changeable?

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #28,720 of 75,467
Also i didn't recommend the BK on my list, not because it's not good (it's great actually), but for my taste, listening to the music that @stocamadas listed, the BK seems a bit boxed in with too intimate staging and boxed vocals (definitely personal view)

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #28,721 of 75,467
How Liebesleid compare to rose mojito?
Is it cable changeable?

The cable ia not changeable like mojito. The sound is similar, but with warmer signature and friendlier to more selections of music. I could not stand the mojito for vocals and modern music

Mar 3, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #28,722 of 75,467
The cable ia not changeable like mojito. The sound is similar, but with warmer signature and friendlier to more selections of music. I could not stand the mojito for vocals and modern music

Thanks for your input. Well, if it has nearly similar sound quality but just a slight different tone, I will just stick with mojito + upgrade cable with matched source.

Thanks! :D

Mar 4, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #28,725 of 75,467
I'm sorry, I am not good at English.
NICEHCK EBX is more popular than BS1 and Liebesleid among people around me.
EBX has a warmer sound than BS1 and a wide sound field. It is energetic and fun sound.
If you exchange cables and balance connections, you will get better sound.
Liebesleid is very heavy and does not fit, it is difficult to feel the original good sound quality.
cEKWeZb.jpg

iIwER0a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back