Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 4, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #28,726 of 75,449
@HungryPanda - do you have the willsound mk2 and Bs1 official both? Could you please compare them? Which other willsound buds do you have? Tia

the BS1 have more forward mids, larger left to right stage, but a bit finicky to position change on the ear. Cable is solidly built (some might find them heavy, but i like it).MK2 have more kick on the bass and treble volume. Both have good treble and bass extension. Both are great all arounder

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #28,727 of 75,449
That EBX...Not too many people have talked about it but looking online, it got good reviews actually excellent ones. Just got recently the NiceHCK DIY Graphene and been listening to it in the office. It sounded like the Cygnus but more neutral and has wider/deeper stage. Everything just sound balanced. Nothing piercing or overattenuated. Not sure how to say it but I can put more volume without getting fatigue. Still quality-wise, the Cygnus has the better mids and bass but for overall tonality, I'm leaning towards the DIY Graphene but still too early to tell. I guess those who say that it is 80% of the BK might be correct in their description. Here's a shot I took with my phone.

IMG_20180303_100159-01.jpeg

Mar 4, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #28,728 of 75,449
I'm leaning towards the DIY Graphene but still too early to tell. I guess those who say that it is 80% of the BK might be correct in their description.

I never find that the Graphene and the BK similar at all

Mar 4, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #28,729 of 75,449
the BS1 have more forward mids, larger left to right stage, but a bit finicky to position change on the ear. Cable is solidly built (some might find them heavy, but i like it).MK2 have more kick on the bass and treble volume. Both have good treble and bass extension. Both are great all arounder

Thanks for the impressions Chinmie. Was it you who sold off the Bs1 because of the finicky fit? I had similar issues with the edimun v3 rho and sold mine within a week of havin it , also cus the willsound mk2 blew it away!

I'm wondering if the nice hck ebx would be a worthy upgrade over my mk2 se now or should I go after the mk1 and mk3 :)

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #28,730 of 75,449
Mar 4, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #28,731 of 75,449
Anybody here got opinions on cayin n5ii, ibasso dx80, opus 1s or the shanling m3s? I'm after a new dap for out and about and work.

Mar 4, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #28,732 of 75,449
Thanks for the impressions Chinmie. Was it you who sold off the Bs1 because of the finicky fit? I had similar issues with the edimun v3 rho and sold mine within a week of havin it , also cus the willsound mk2 blew it away!

I'm wondering if the nice hck ebx would be a worthy upgrade over my mk2 se now or should I go after the mk1 and mk3 :)

No, i don't own the BS1. I auditioned my friend's, and found out i didn't really into the BS1.
I also sold my edimun recently. It's a great earbuds, but i also prefer the MK2 more than it now. The MK1 is too warm sounding on the mid bass and rolled off on the treble for me, but i am intrigued by the MK3 as it is leaner on the mids and said to have more clarity than MK2. I am going to audition it first though, because if it similar sounding to my other buds, i won't buy them

Mar 4, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #28,733 of 75,449
I never find that the Graphene and the BK similar at all
Thankyou! You and me both, they don’t sound the same at all. Yet there’s a review on headfi saying they are almost identical lol.

Mar 4, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #28,734 of 75,449
Anybody here got opinions on cayin n5ii, ibasso dx80, opus 1s or the shanling m3s? I'm after a new dap for out and about and work.
I’m returning my n5ii. It’s got a stale low mids imo. Not lush and just dry and unengaging!

Bass is awesome though and treble is natural and nicely airy. Soundstage is nice too. But the mids are all detail and texture but no lush qualities imo.

Mar 4, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #28,735 of 75,449

The BS1 fit is finicky. I’m not surprised if people here it and say no at first listen.

I have my bs1 for months and only recently have a found a fit that offers exceptional SQ.

Over ear and added foam tape around to improve the fit/seal. Now it’s pretty amazing when you adjust it in the ear... I’ll continue to tweak it until it’s effortless to use with best SQ. The driver is really amazing but the shell isn’t working well with it.

If the shell was more like Rose Masya type, wide but not fat/bulky. Or like Moondrop Nameless, I think it would be much better SQ out of the box. It needs wide face but narrow body to get the right seal for the tonality and powerful dynamics to be heard.

Mar 4, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #28,736 of 75,449
I’m returning my n5ii. It’s got a stale low mids imo. Not lush and just dry and unengaging!

Bass is awesome though and treble is natural and nicely airy. Soundstage is nice too. But the mids are all detail and texture but no lush qualities imo.
Hmm I don't like the sound of that! I like a lush sound too. Anybody have any suggestions?

Mar 4, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #28,738 of 75,449
Hmm I don't like the sound of that! I like a lush sound too. Anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks to the suggestion of Artpiggo I will probably go for the Vivo Xplay 6 smartphone. Or look at the Hiby R3 (little bro of the R6) it looks really nice!

The Xplay 6 is described like a slightly warmer more euphoric version of LG V20. The V20 is really nice just lacks some warmth and low mid lush quality in low impendance earbuds. But it’s still very good overall.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #28,739 of 75,449
im curious what kind of soundsig/earbud that would suit to these songs

I like the emx500 or the X6 (though the X6 mids are a bit recessed, its sub bass and treble extension are excellent, X6's soundstage is wide, a little high, and a little deep). Emx500, to me, has a big airy soundstage (most 3D imho) with lots of separation between the instruments that suite big, grandiose music like this (after listening, I also like the K's 300 with these, too -- though the EMX500's sub bass is a bit deeper).

Mar 4, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #28,740 of 75,449
im curious what kind of soundsig/earbud that would suit to these songs

First video

Masya 5/5 (extension of high’s, clear and vivid, captures the dynamics perfectly)

BS1 5/5 (nearly as extended, dynamic and clear, deeper soundstage gives a more impressive powerful presentation of the build up)

RX1 4.5/5 (Clear, slightly struggling with dynamics and extension, not as powerful.)

Second video

Masya 4/5 (Has the extension needed and sounds clear but lacks some depth in soundstage and imaging. Sounds are wide but confined to two planes/2D area’s left and right so to speak, not as smooth sounding as bs1)

bs1 5/5 (nothing to say other than its perfect, deep powerful clear and makes the song more exciting and the 3D imaging is noticeable)

RX1 3.5/5 (really struggles with this kind of music which strains the extension of bass and high’s . Imaging is good though, very natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back