Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 3, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #28,681 of 75,420
Memt is releasing a new bud, T5. Looks like an earpod that decided to become a tank. Will cost around 35$.

HTB1cRMTbCCWBuNjy0Fhq6z6EVXa8.jpg HTB1NxIRbrGYBuNjy0Foq6AiBFXaF.jpg HTB1gzkTbwaTBuNjSszfq6xgfpXa7.jpg HTB1zNZ6buOSBuNjy0Fdq6zDnVXaf.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #28,682 of 75,420
This is interesting. I'm enjoying my New Graphene a lot lately. It took some time, like over a month, for the sound to open and clear up and I also had a terrible flu mid-January. When I got better, the buds started to sound great. They are a noticeable step up in refinement compared to Vido, the only other cheap buds I have.

When I think of upgrading the New Graphene without breaking the bank, something like Moondrop Nameless comes to mind according to descriptions. But could it be that the Old Graphene are really 2x the sound quality of the New Graphene as the price difference suggests? Is there a verdict on this?
There’s many varying opinions of how good each version of the graphene’s are and from what seller, I have a feeling they may vary somewhat between sellers and even the consistency may be different. My old graphene’s were mid bassy, others say they are light on bass. Mine have a treble boost but others experience a balanced treble.

Whether it’s just our ears or the buds being so different who knows. Might be a good bet to purchase a different earbud assuming you already have one version of the graphene’s.

But if you really love the graphene driver then maybe you’ll enjoy all the versions :)

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #28,683 of 75,420
Memt is releasing a new bud, T5. Looks like an earpod that decided to become a tank. Will cost around 35$.

The earpod design isn’t half bad, although I can imagine it takes a lot of tuning to make it sound right with the shell design.

I’d love to hear a capable driver inside a better contructed and updated earpod, with a more comfortable shell.

Mar 3, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #28,685 of 75,420

"An earpod that decided to become a tank" ...that sentence alone makes me want to buy them :laughing:

Mar 3, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #28,686 of 75,420
Boss SoundSport comes with an inline mic from which you can adjust the volume, skip songs, and accept and make call
All it lacks is sound quality :)

JK It may sound alright I haven’t heard it^^

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #28,688 of 75,420
Ok, the $29 graphenes won't be an upgrade to your $29 graphenes then lol. Maybe just up your budget to $100 and get the BS1 Officials, and then come back and report how much you love them, and make me even more green with envy! :)

BS1 need a perfect fit to sound right imo. Like if you don’t get it in the right position or right amount of seal it sounds like a funnel effect or a little hollow even.

But if the fit is right... woah. Exceptionally good for the price.

Many people say pair it with a bright source but I prefer it with a warm and slightly darker source myself as the bud is raised in the upper mids so the tonality sounds right on a more low mid emphasised source so long as the treble is still extended and clean it will sound great.

As for the fit well firstly I think the soundstage, space/air in separation and the vocals sound much better if worn over ear. The presentation is slightly more forward and light but with powerful bass.

I had to add a rubber ring around the shell to add seal for bass impact, and leave the back vents open to make it more airy and allow deeper bass rather than only punchy mid bass. I switched many times between low density full foams and the super thin foams and honestly it’s personal preference here and depends on how much treble you want and how smooth you want the upper mids to sound (I opted for smoother with full foams in the end to calm down the slightly peaked upper mids).

Someone mentioned a few pages back about some foam tape for cameras? that looks perfect to add to the shell to increase its diameter and would be soft on the ears, I may try that.

I’m currently running these buds out of my lg v20, it’s a little bright in the upper mids and it’s dead neutral tonally (the bud not the phone),w hich is ok just that I prefer a slight warmth. MX760 is dead neutral too to my ears tonally so the BS1 will sound similar in that regard.

Other than that slight ‘flaw’, the soundstage and energy coming out of these buds is close to on ear headphones! They do sound really good on my v20 overall though, as they would on most sources with a little adjustment.
does any difference sound between bs1 official ver. and bs1 experience ver.? experience ver. s much cheaper than official ver. which experience ver. much affordable to me due to official ver. is too higher price i think to adjust my current budget

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #28,689 of 75,420
does any difference sound between bs1 official ver. and bs1 experience ver.? experience ver. s much cheaper than official ver. which experience ver. much affordable to me due to official ver. is too higher price i think to adjust my current budget
Not even close, sorry.

BS1 official is the brand new ‘update’ but honestly it’s at a whole new level to the decent but budget friendly BS1 experience.

If you cannot spend on the official there’s other great earbuds for cheaper, just not the bs1 experience imo.

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #28,690 of 75,420
Not even close, sorry.

BS1 official is the brand new ‘update’ but honestly it’s at a whole new level to the decent but budget friendly BS1 experience.

If you cannot spend on the official there’s other great earbuds for cheaper, just not the bs1 experience imo.
how about toneking to65,unicorn, and vx pro , does it improve from 29$ mx760?

Mar 3, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #28,691 of 75,420
Not even close, sorry.

I echo Sean's thoughts. The Penon BS1 Official is in a different league.

Mar 3, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #28,693 of 75,420
@MarkCavendish
I recently modded my Auglamour RX1 and it sounds phenomenal other than a slightly odd tonality somewhere in the mids (probably possible to EQ out if I found it). Overall neutral sound.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/absolute-best-budget-earbuds.812853/page-148#post-14078982

It’s so detailed and smooth. Extends better after the mods and has excellent treble now.

I REALLY love this modded version for the price. Unreal value if you opt for clarity and detail first and formost.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #28,694 of 75,420
@MarkCavendish
I recently modded my Auglamour RX1 and it sounds phenomenal other than a slightly odd tonality somewhere in the mids (probably possible to EQ out if I found it). Overall neutral sound.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/absolute-best-budget-earbuds.812853/page-148#post-14078982

It’s so detailed and smooth. Extends better after the mods and has excellent treble now.

I REALLY love this modded version for the price. Unreal value if you opt for clarity and detail first and formost.
is that tape? i have tried rx1 once (not mine) its bit lack of bass and mid is very forward,thick and engaging i like it , but other sectors like bass,separation and soundstage isnt suited for me.

Mar 3, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #28,695 of 75,420
is that tape? i have tried rx1 once (not mine) its bit lack of bass and mid is very forward,thick and engaging i like it , but other sectors like bass,separation and soundstage isnt suited for me.
Yeah after doing this and using super thin donut foams the bass is present, treble is properly extended so as to sound crisp and airy but never fatiguing and the mids and soundstage open up.

Vocals are still forward but not congested I find them nice. The tape is actually badminton grip lol, can be thin tennis grip either I guess. It’s got sticky tape on one side and foam/rubber on the other. It’s ideal for this use actually.

Sound improved considerably over stock rx1. The only persistent ‘issue’ is the tonality I think caused by a peak in the upper mids/lower treble possibly. Not a huge issue, just a slight glare on some tracks.

Clarity matches $100 earbuds in most cases, extremely detailed sound in the mids.

Extension is only a slight issue now, not nearly as prevelant as the stock fit of the RX1 and regular foams.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back