Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 2, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #28,666 of 75,150
i got 29$ ver with transparent housing https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...High-End-Rare-Earth-Graphene/32821104494.html , idk diy mx760 have difference version , but im really love the sounding of this bud ,im thinking about to buy another one or get an upgrade but still closer to this sounding, because my mx760 cable already oxidation and the cable bit sticky

Ok, the $29 graphenes won't be an upgrade to your $29 graphenes then lol. Maybe just up your budget to $100 and get the BS1 Officials, and then come back and report how much you love them, and make me even more green with envy! :)

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #28,667 of 75,150
i got 29$ ver with transparent housing https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...High-End-Rare-Earth-Graphene/32821104494.html , idk diy mx760 have difference version , but im really love the sounding of this bud ,im thinking about to buy another one or get an upgrade but still closer to this sounding, because my mx760 cable already oxidation and the cable bit sticky
BS1 need a perfect fit to sound right imo. Like if you don’t get it in the right position or right amount of seal it sounds like a funnel effect or a little hollow even.

But if the fit is right... woah. Exceptionally good for the price.

Many people say pair it with a bright source but I prefer it with a warm and slightly darker source myself as the bud is raised in the upper mids so the tonality sounds right on a more low mid emphasised source so long as the treble is still extended and clean it will sound great.

As for the fit well firstly I think the soundstage, space/air in separation and the vocals sound much better if worn over ear. The presentation is slightly more forward and light but with powerful bass.

I had to add a rubber ring around the shell to add seal for bass impact, and leave the back vents open to make it more airy and allow deeper bass rather than only punchy mid bass. I switched many times between low density full foams and the super thin foams and honestly it’s personal preference here and depends on how much treble you want and how smooth you want the upper mids to sound (I opted for smoother with full foams in the end to calm down the slightly peaked upper mids).

Someone mentioned a few pages back about some foam tape for cameras? that looks perfect to add to the shell to increase its diameter and would be soft on the ears, I may try that.

I’m currently running these buds out of my lg v20, it’s a little bright in the upper mids and it’s dead neutral tonally (the bud not the phone),w hich is ok just that I prefer a slight warmth. MX760 is dead neutral too to my ears tonally so the BS1 will sound similar in that regard.

Other than that slight ‘flaw’, the soundstage and energy coming out of these buds is close to on ear headphones! They do sound really good on my v20 overall though, as they would on most sources with a little adjustment.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #28,668 of 75,150
Willsound MK2, Fiio X5III and Tracy Thorns new album are keeping me happy right now

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #28,670 of 75,150
Listening to Tidal MQA version of Lorde's debut album, which is serendipitously named Pure Heroine. :ksc75smile:

Still on the EMX500

14hQLTbl.jpg

Any DAP users out there having good experiences with Tidal? What are you using?

Tried the Fiio X5iii... Didn't love it, looking for alternatives. TIA

(btw I use the ‘Royals’ track to test bass on my earbuds xD )

"Pure Heroine" was the first album I listened to with my BS1s too :D I find it interesting how many people use that album to test headphones..

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #28,671 of 75,150
"Pure Heroine" was the first album I listened to with my BS1s too :D I find it interesting how many people use that album to test headphones..
heard it on a ‘HD540’ thread suggested haha

Much be the headphone bunch ey :)

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #28,672 of 75,150
heard it on a ‘HD540’ thread suggested haha

Much be the headphone bunch ey :)
Right you are, boyo :D

I definitely love that album as a way to test headphones. There's so much variety in it; spacial effects, background, panning, and side-panned vocals, etc.

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #28,673 of 75,150
Check out the Hiby R6. They are using some technology to bypass android limitations and give you pure sound from streaming apps into the dac/amp for better sound quality. ...

Yes, I've been following the threads on these two Hiby projects closely. Not a fan of IndieGoGo, so I've been waiting to pull the trigger. My only concern is I prefer a little "sparkle" up top and most of these DAPs (like the X5iii in my experience) when described as "warmer" is usually not to my liking. That said, the stainless steel R6 looks amazing and seems to check the most boxes for me.

Any one here have experience with the Hiby R6 yet? Especially with earbuds?

Also when you get the chance, compare the emx500 and emxs500 if you could :)

Will do. Haven't had enough time to describe the specifics yet but even from a quick listen Ive noticed that from a quality source the EMXs500 (or is it EMX500s?) is noticeably better. On the Apple dongle through my iPhone? No real difference.

EDIT: Spelling and grammar.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #28,674 of 75,150
Right you are, boyo :D

I definitely love that album as a way to test headphones. There's so much variety in it; spacial effects, background, panning, and side-panned vocals, etc.
I use westworld/game of thrones OST, radiohead, grizzly bear and half moon run to test my stuff because it’s music I know well.

Some Floyd too.

Mar 3, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #28,678 of 75,150
I think I like Perfume Genius 'No Shape' album from last year as a stress test. IDK if it is 'audiophile friendly', but it's fairly genre diverse pop & pretty rough going on some headphones. Also I haven't gotten sick of listening to it yet, which helps :p

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #28,679 of 75,150
RIP my MX880's are now completely dead :frowning2: Had to go digging around for the stock earbuds that came with my J3 so that I wasn't completely deprived of music on the go. I've been holding off on ordering the BS1's until my new credit card comes in, but I'm not sure how much longer I can wait :persevere:

Mar 3, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #28,680 of 75,150
I'm not sure which graphenes you have, but if you have the $16 version, then the $29 version should take care of your needs :)

This is interesting. I'm enjoying my New Graphene a lot lately. It took some time, like over a month, for the sound to open and clear up and I also had a terrible flu mid-January. When I got better, the buds started to sound great. They are a noticeable step up in refinement compared to Vido, the only other cheap buds I have.

When I think of upgrading the New Graphene without breaking the bank, something like Moondrop Nameless comes to mind according to descriptions. But could it be that the Old Graphene are really 2x the sound quality of the New Graphene as the price difference suggests? Is there a verdict on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back