Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 20, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #26,281 of 75,702
Man I have to rave h101 again lol. Further burn and listening over ear (not sure which) really improves holographic. I mean chesky tracks, Candido, Alexis Cole all sound very much in proximity. Spacious and almost real. This rivals at least semi open back headphones in spaciousness.

This one destroy my other budget earbuds. Emx500? Vido? . Pffth.. This even excels against RX-1. IMO. I wish the resolution could be better,

Disclaimer. I listened to earbud as loud as I can tolerate without being tiring.

Oh. One more . I really enjoy muthalvan Ost on this one. *wink wink*

Dec 20, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #26,282 of 75,702
Man I have to rave h101 again lol. Further burn and listening over ear (not sure which) really improves holographic. I mean chesky tracks, Candido, Alexis Cole all sound very much in proximity. Spacious and almost real. This rivals at least semi open back headphones in spaciousness.

I am very impressed with Edifier. I have had the H190 for a few weeks now. I have too many buds to give enough time to any individual one but I got them out again because of this recent discussion. I am finding them to be very addictive sound-wise. I am not able to describe these things the way you do, but I do have semi open back headphones that these rival.

I became so curious that yesterday I ordered the H185 that I had once had my eye on. Amazon lightning deal for £6.99 (around $8). They arrived today and they are excellent as well (out of the box... no burn in). At the moment I feel like the H190 are somehow better... maybe because I can fit them more easily. I have so many buds that I need to get to know better. Both Edifiers that I have are quite stylish as well.

Disclaimer. I listened to earbud as loud as I can tolerate without being tiring.

I listen with as low a volume as I can while still giving enough body to the music

Well, that answers THAT question.

edited to fix replies being in the wrong order...yes I am OCD :)

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #26,283 of 75,702
We should be talking about RY4s a lot more. It's a definitive upgrade to Vido and a sidegrade to EMX500. Compared to EMX, I hear RY4s' bass as stronger and a lot more stable, mid range similar, treble reduced by a solid amount - makes them dark sounding but still clearer than Vidos and at least as smooth, while the soundstage is just a notch narrower than EMX.
I'd say thay RY4s is a legit basshead earbud but amazing value overall regardless of tonality.

It is great for some genres but IMO can be too sibilant in some tracks. There is no hint of sibilance in Vido/Yincrow X6.

Dec 20, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #26,285 of 75,702
would u want to try this on the edifier h101 ?

SweetEars you´re starting to become BlockedEars because you don´t seem to listen...you´ve been asked politely to curb your video enthusiasm in this thread, I´m all for good music and there´s a more appropriate section where you can share and post away to your heart´s content: https://www.head-fi.org/forums/music.9/ I´m sure I´m not alone in thinking your musical passion would be much better received there.
The above is not to say your comments aren´t welcome, they are, your experiences and thoughts are as valid as anyone else´s just try to stick to the topic at hand. Thanks.

Dec 20, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #26,286 of 75,702
would u want to try this on the edifier h101 ?

Can you not?

Do you see anyone else spamming this thread with videos? certain people have a VERY hard time taking hints sometimes. for the love of god, we have tried to be polite but STOP.

by the way, youtube audio quality is crap so youre spamming the thread with compressed videos.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #26,287 of 75,702
It is great for some genres but IMO can be too sibilant in some tracks. There is no hint of sibilance in Vido/Yincrow X6.

The treble of "$9 Braided RY4S" is about the same as "EMX500" and it is not so strong. If there are people who feel strongly, it would be better to use a thicker ear pad.
Even compared to "Vido / X6" of bass Earbuds, I think that "$9 Braided RY4S" is excellent not only for bass but also for vivid treble and wider sound stage.
I think that "$9 Braided RY4S" has the highest level of performance as budget Earbuds.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #26,288 of 75,702
by the way, youtube audio quality is **** so youre spamming the thread with compressed videos.

Good point. One of the reasons I do not stop listening to my music to play posted videos. If i want to check out some artists that other headfiers are recommending. I will go to the appropriate threads.

Dec 20, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #26,289 of 75,702

This one destroy my other budget earbuds. Emx500? Vido? . Pffth.. This even excels against RX-1. IMO. I wish the resolution could be better,

Muthalvan by AR Rahman ...hmm i say its ok to test out earbud but not comprehensive as his other works ..Sometimes Rahman releases the type of OST which actually tests the full spectrum of sound. examples are Taal, Daud, Vande Mataram.

Dec 20, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #26,290 of 75,702
How would this help? Nobody knows how YOU want to hear it. If someone is unfamiliar with the track they don't know how it "should" sound. Plus you keep forgetting that everyone's hearing is different. The shape of peoples ear canals differ. No one can tell you what would be "perfect" for you.

You are posting too many videos. Many people will already be listening to something else while browsing the site. For example, i have buds plugged into a dap right now and am listening to one of my albums.
i understand what u mean.. for example the first song in this OST "Duet" should have powerful female vocals, some deep bass and background sound transparency and u should hear the flute in the 2nd half with mid bass punch ..

Dec 20, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #26,291 of 75,702
Obviously you do NOT understand. Ignore.

Dec 20, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #26,294 of 75,702
Do you mean H101??

Dec 20, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #26,295 of 75,702
Penon BS1 Official is a two thumbs up from me. Needed an hour burn to settle the drivers but it’s sounding awesome now.

Deep and spacious like the Masya with a lovely balance to its sound.

Medium fullness and sweet vocals.

Not as natural as the shozy bk but equal resolution and the treble is more smooth but equally as articulate.

It’s a da mn addictive sound for everything. Where the Bk failed with my radiohead albums this succeeds, where the masya failed me with full vocals this also just about succeeds.

I regard it equal to the BK but a better all round choice for most genres. You only sacrifice a tiny bit of natural sound because the stardust is the best i’ve heard in the midrange and vocals and this comes close with a smoother presentation which I enjoy on tracks that need the help.

It’s better than the Rose Masya for most genres also I feel. This bud is a definite all rounder.

Guys I give my approval, just be careful with DHL shipping I had to pay €38 fee’s on a €52 earbud.... it’s a joke.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back