Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 19, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #26,253 of 75,607
Glad you like it. i also enjoy it a lot, and this is currently my most used buds for this couple of days. the H101 sound is unique. i haven't heard any other earbuds than sound like it.

like i said, it resembles more of an iem tuning than earbuds: it dips around 600k, creating a leaner and cleaner mids. the tuning sounds "expensive and professional" :ksc75smile:. the bass focuses on subs rather than midbass, my favorite kind of tuning.

i wonder if this thing is recabled with better quality cable, it might have a better resolution.

I'm using full hiegi foams on it.
I've been thinking about possible recable as well. But the construction seem rather shaky. Especially the wobbly stem. I wonder it it's really flexible in nature. But it has 2 holes for cable. One not utilized. Maybe it can fit another cable. I'll decide later to recable if I get another pair.

The chameleon bass I mention might be because of focus on sub bass rather than mid bass. But emx500 also do this but doesn't sound same. H101 sound not as wide but way atmospheric when sub bass is present. When the song didn't call for it the bass remain very tame.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #26,254 of 75,607
I've been thinking about possible recable as well. But the construction seem rather shaky. Especially the wobbly stem. I wonder it it's really flexible in nature. But it has 2 holes for cable. One not utilized. Maybe it can fit another cable. I'll decide later to recable if I get another pair.

The chameleon bass I mention might be because of focus on sub bass rather than mid bass. But emx500 also do this but doesn't sound same. H101 sound not as wide but way atmospheric when sub bass is present. When the song didn't call for it the bass remain very tame.
it does sound like an interesting articulation...

Dec 19, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #26,256 of 75,607

How does this sound liek on the eidfier H01? listen until 1:09

Dec 19, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #26,258 of 75,607
I will present some frequency characteristic charts.
You may be able to imagine what kind of sound it is from these.

headfi_graphene.PNG
headfi_nameless.PNG
headfi_RW777.PNG
headfi_hp150s.PNG
headfi_X6.PNG
headfi_vido.PNG

Dec 19, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #26,260 of 75,607
The best description so far was given by a user above (too lazy to check sorry lol) when he said it sounded 'veiled'. It's like there is a filter between you and the driver which is reducing the clarity/nuance of the music. This is especially through of vocals but the whole mid range is affected I believe.

I'd gladly accept a slight bass loss of pk2 rather than a veiled sound, which I find makes it difficult to enjoy the finer details of the music with the graphenes.

I wonder if extensive burn in (maybe 100-200 hours) and a powerful source would help clean up some of the veiled sound. But I don't know for sure.
i can confirm the new version graphenes the veil is gone after many days of usage.. i think they need to be burned in.

Dec 19, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #26,262 of 75,607
friend can u explain to me the first one graphene old vs emx500

As @seanc6441, my grap hene thinks that the veil has decreased to about half now.
I think that the old graphene is slightly wider than the emx500 in the sound stage.
I think emx500 is a lot of bass. It is boomy bass. Since old graphene has a bass sound pressure, it may be about the same overall.
Since the attenuation of 1kHz - 3kHz emx500 is smooth, female vocals emx500 is brighter.
As I mentioned earlier, old graphene has veil.
Depending on the type of music you may feel that either is good.
I like old graphene and emx500 the same.

Dec 19, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #26,263 of 75,607
where to order this edifier H101? cant find it in aliexpress?

it looks like this edifier H101 is sold in malaysia, which is basically next door to where i live ...
https://www.lazada.com.my/edifier-h101-high-quality-earphone-746795.html

You have basically answered the question yourself :dt880smile:

You're in singapore, right? I'm sure if you shop around you will find them in your local stores, as the edifier is a more common brand compare to the chinese earbuds like the emx or the graphene. Heck, even computer stores sell edifiers

How does this sound liek on the eidfier H01? listen until 1:09

Compared to the emx, the H101 has a more distant sound. Image you are sitting in the middle a movie theater (speakers far on the walls), while the emx is more like sitting in a small living room with surround speakers around you. Both have good staging, just that the emx is closer. Personally, i prefer the H101,but your preference might be different than me.

Can't comment on the graphene as i have sold it.

Please do post a review when you did decided to recable them.

Yes, that sub bass.. Try watching action movies with them, or better yet, asian jump scare movies!

Dec 19, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #26,264 of 75,607
You have basically answered the question yourself :dt880smile:

You're in singapore, right? I'm sure if you shop around you will find them in your local stores, as the edifier is a more common brand compare to the chinese earbuds like the emx or the graphene. Heck, even computer stores sell edifiers

Compared to the emx, the H101 has a more distant sound. Image you are sitting in the middle a movie theater (speakers far on the walls), while the emx is more like sitting in a small living room with surround speakers around you. Both have good staging, just that the emx is closer. Personally, i prefer the H101,but your preference might be different than me.

Can't comment on the graphene as i have sold it.

Please do post a review when you did decided to recable them.

Yes, that sub bass.. Try watching action movies with them, or better yet, asian jump scare movies!
thanks a lot friend... it looks like the sound signature i am looking for.. the new graphenes i have now seems to have a that soundstage as u described but their other characteristics about them puts me off . they only seem to do depth and soundstage better at the expense of everything else..

anyway i need to go look for it .. if its available in local stores

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #26,265 of 75,607
Today I settled for full foam on h101. No need EQ to sound smooth. As I listen further the percussion tautness aren't affected at all. Very clean and snappy. Natural snappy not boosted though.

My friend came in to audition h101 and ordered one only after 15 minutes spending time with it. . It's a no brainer. But I can understand if someone didn't like the signature. The mid bass although very clean don't have quite a slam like other earbud. .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back