Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 19, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #26,267 of 75,871
We should be talking about RY4s a lot more. It's a definitive upgrade to Vido and a sidegrade to EMX500. Compared to EMX, I hear RY4s' bass as stronger and a lot more stable, mid range similar, treble reduced by a solid amount - makes them dark sounding but still clearer than Vidos and at least as smooth, while the soundstage is just a notch narrower than EMX.
I'd say thay RY4s is a legit basshead earbud but amazing value overall regardless of tonality.

Dec 19, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #26,268 of 75,871
We should be talking about RY4s a lot more. It's a definitive upgrade to Vido and a sidegrade to EMX500. Compared to EMX, I hear RY4s' bass as stronger and a lot more stable, mid range similar, treble reduced by a solid amount - makes them dark sounding but still clearer than Vidos and at least as smooth, while the soundstage is just a notch narrower than EMX.
I'd say thay RY4s is a legit basshead earbud but amazing value overall regardless of tonality.
i have botht eEMX 500 and the R4YS and has done extensive testing , the major differences is in this: but they are both the same in sound signature

Soundstage depth and air > EMX500 better
Positioning and separation > EMX500 better
Sub bass> EMX 500 better
Detail > EMX 500 better

Soundstage Vertical Horizontal > R4YS better
Mid bass > R4YS better
Clarity > R4YS better

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #26,269 of 75,871
finally my black Monk-ish foams arrived! i really dig it, less itchy than the monk's, a little bit thicker and more robust, and although it holds a little bit more treble than the monk's, it doesn't disperse the treble frequency like the monk's does (which sometimes makes the treble seems splashy). it makes my Puresound PS 500 more alive

thanks for uncle @golov17 (if i'm not mistaken was the first one to mention this) and @seanc6441 for posting the AE link

Dec 20, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #26,270 of 75,871
finally my black Monk-ish foams arrived! i really dig it, less itchy than the monk's, a little bit thicker and more robust, and although it holds a little bit more treble than the monk's, it doesn't disperse the treble frequency like the monk's does (which sometimes makes the treble seems splashy). it makes my Puresound PS 500 more alive

thanks for uncle @golov17 (if i'm not mistaken was the first one to mention this) and @seanc6441 for posting the AE link
Where do you get them from?

Dec 20, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #26,272 of 75,871
Dec 20, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #26,273 of 75,871

I ordered white form the same seller. Still no news. Tracking stop after ship out of China. The black I ordered the next day already arrived almost 2 weeks ago.

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #26,276 of 75,871
would u want to try this on the edifier h101 ?

How would this help? Nobody knows how YOU want to hear it. If someone is unfamiliar with the track they don't know how it "should" sound. Plus you keep forgetting that everyone's hearing is different. The shape of peoples ear canals differ. No one can tell you what would be "perfect" for you.

You are posting too many videos. Many people will already be listening to something else while browsing the site. For example, i have buds plugged into a dap right now and am listening to one of my albums.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #26,278 of 75,871
i have botht eEMX 500 and the R4YS and has done extensive testing , the major differences is in this: but they are both the same in sound signature

Soundstage depth and air > EMX500 better
Positioning and separation > EMX500 better
Sub bass> EMX 500 better
Detail > EMX 500 better

Soundstage Vertical Horizontal > R4YS better
Mid bass > R4YS better
Clarity > R4YS better

Or just get Graphene to shorten the journey

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #26,279 of 75,871
How would this help? Nobody knows how YOU want to hear it. If someone is unfamiliar with the track they don't know how it "should" sound. Plus you keep forgetting that everyone's hearing is different. The shape of peoples ear canals differ. No one can tell you what would be "perfect" for you.

You are posting too many videos. Many people will already be listening to something else while browsing the site. For example, i have buds plugged into a dap right now and am listening to one of my albums.
I guess he failed to convert you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread

Back