Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 13, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #24,796 of 75,282
Speaking of ve rings. I finally found the use in sharp MD. Rings + thin foam increase bass speed and now more linear with the sub bass. overall still not tight. It also add some resolution although now the highs feels grainy. Good on some track but not on others. I hope to mod the foams with hole puncher to perfect balance airlines and bass.

Nov 13, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #24,797 of 75,282
Nov 13, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #24,800 of 75,282
My Penon order hasn't processed yet. Is this normal? Aliexpress says it has 26 hours to go until it gets cancelled. Anyone got experience with this on Ali?
Same for me, 22 hours to go. On the other hand, only two out of five 11/11 orders got processed till now. I will probably use the "Extend Processing Time" button for the Penon order.

Nov 13, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #24,801 of 75,282
Yeah, I had three orders (one on 10th which only processed today) and this one is still outstanding, the rest have shipped. I noticed the extend button, so will use that if they haven't shipped by tomorrow morning.

Nov 13, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #24,802 of 75,282
Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #24,803 of 75,282
Hey guys, I'm eyeing the Shozy BK, but has anything come out recently that gives them a run for their money?
Depends what your after.

BK is excellent for warm balanced full sound. Vocals very forward, treble smooth and nicely extended with thicker foams like donut and full but harsher and extremely detailed with monk thin foams so you get to chose your preference. It has great extension on both ends so you get a healthy amount of sub bass and highs/treble, but it's not over done on emphasis since it's balanced and not U or V shaped. Overall it's a great performer but it's not got a massively out of head experience for soundstage (more up front and small room effect but still have good imaging and incredible resolution and detail)so it's more suited to vocal/acoustic/rock/jazz music than EDM, symphony or atmospheric stuff. I would consider it a very organic natural sound like the Cygnus but slightly more leveled off and warmer whereas cygnus is more neutral and has more rolled off treble and a mid bass bump for fun factor.

If you like to hear your vocals with great weight and lush mids, warm and musical. Go for stardust.

If you prefer a grand atmospheric effect with huge soundstage and lots of space/ sound. Look elsewhere!

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #24,804 of 75,282
Depends what your after.

BK is excellent for warm balanced full sound. Vocals very forward, treble smooth and nicely extended with thicker foams like donut and full but harsher and extremely detailed with monk thin foams so you get to chose your preference. It has great extension on both ends so you get a healthy amount of sub bass and highs/treble, but it's not over done on emphasis since it's balanced and not U or V shaped. Overall it's a great performer but it's not got a massively out of head experience for soundstage (more up front and small room effect but still have good imaging and incredible resolution and detail)so it's more suited to vocal/acoustic/rock/jazz music than EDM, symphony or atmospheric stuff. I would consider it a very organic natural sound like the Cygnus but slightly more leveled off and warmer whereas cygnus is more neutral and has more rolled off treble and a mid bass bump for fun factor.

If you like to hear your vocals with great weight and lush mids, warm and musical. Go for stardust.

If you prefer a grand atmospheric effect with huge soundstage and lots of space/ sound. Look elsewhere!

Thanks for the heads up!

If I'm looking for an earbud that excels at EDM in this price point, what would you recommend?

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #24,805 of 75,282
Thanks for the heads up!

If I'm looking for an earbud that excels at EDM in this price point, what would you recommend?
At the hifi price point? I've got no clue because I don't listen to EDM. But at the budget price point EMX500 is recommended on here and having heard it myself I would say it's got an incredible sense spacious and atmospheric effect in soundstage, U shaped signature (bassy and high's) are emphasised over mids. Extended really well in sub bass and has very detailed treble.

For $10 it massively overachieves and sounds similar to my $90 Rose Masya. Except the mids which are slightly rougher/less detailed. It's a perfect earbud for EDM though and will outperform easily the shozy stardust for EDM regardless of price.

Also check out the R4YS if you prefer slightly less emphasised treble and more punchy bass than deep bass slightly. They seems to be similar signature overall just slight differences in treble and bass and maybe R4YS can be considered a smoother sound (not sure).

This is what I can gather from opinions in this thread, check out those two earbuds anyway for EDM.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #24,806 of 75,282
Depends what your after.

For the latter qualities, I highly recommend Cypherus’ Campfred 2!

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #24,807 of 75,282
For the latter qualities, I highly recommend Cypherus’ Campfred 2!
Yes definitely I think the Shozy BK is an amazing earbud but shouldn't be your only earbud because it is one type of sound and not the other as you say that campfred 2 is.

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #24,808 of 75,282
Very good description and I'm totally agree with all you said. :ok_hand:
Yes definitely I think the Shozy BK is an amazing earbud but shouldn't be your only earbud because it is one type of sound and not the other as you say that campfred 2 is.
This is my main earbud and I don't listen to the others I have (VE Monk - EMX500 - Vido -...). And I sold everything worth more than $ 10. Just keeping BK and happy with it. But I have others headphones, it's true.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #24,809 of 75,282
Very good description and I'm totally agree with all you said. :ok_hand:

This is my main earbud and I don't listen to the others I have (VE Monk - EMX500 - Vido -...). And I sold everything worth more than $ 10. Just keeping BK and happy with it.
I’m rotating between cygnus and BK more so than my Masya because of the superior vocal body.

I wish the cygnus had the resolution and mid body of stardust because I think i’d prefer its overall presentation more than the stardust.

Slightly less upfront mids, more sparkly treble but rolled off so very smooth.

Little mid bass bump but very tasteful.

But lacking the resolution and vocal body of stardust :frowning2:

Still both are great and sound close overall!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back