Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 2, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #21,886 of 75,283
Looks few new earbuds on AE: https://goo.gl/H9L9rb

Me too! Not as stiff as i was expecting:ksc75smile:
Check this one with While Cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HAN...Head-Plug-Earplugs-Kill-Monk/32814068963.html

Even better quality it seems.

One query. I noticed that Monk+ has many different colours and versions. Which one is having the best bass among all? Also, if someone has Monk+ and also EM3, which is the best in terms of quality, bass and warmness? I don't have FiiO EM3 so cannot compare :frowning2:
Also, do owners of Monk+ noticed slightly more sound in right speaker? I am listening to Monk+, though I am not very happy with lack of bass but I must admit that the sound quality is really good. I take back my words (if I mentioned somewhere) that Monk+ is not good :) At this price it is really good. I wish slightly increase in bass would have made it really good earbuds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 3, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #21,888 of 75,283
No kidding thought I recall someone noticing some inconsistencies between different run of production of monk+, different colours. Of course it is impossible to tell if it was only the ears or bad luck with his pairs or real difference in tuning...

Aug 3, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #21,889 of 75,283
I think the darker colours have better bass
One thing I noticed while listening to the monk+ yesterday, that it has one of the worst fit for my ears. I have to adjust so many times in a min that finally I removed it and stat using vido again. I guess if this kind of fit is there for other colours also, even they are good in sound and bass etc., I won't be able to use them. :|

Here also sound is good (not great but overall pleasant) but fit it really bad at least for me.

Aug 3, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #21,890 of 75,283
One thing I noticed while listening to the monk+ yesterday, that it has one of the worst fit for my ears. I have to adjust so many times in a min that finally I removed it and stat using vido again. I guess if this kind of fit is there for other colours also, even they are good in sound and bass etc., I won't be able to use them. :|
Here also sound is good (not great but overall pleasant) but fit it really bad at least for me.
For me, the best fit is the Sennheiser Mx500's....I don't like the monk fit, or the vido, or the ty-hi z, Mr. K, EMX500, or qian 25

Aug 3, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #21,891 of 75,283
For me, the best fit is the Sennheiser Mx500's....I don't like the monk fit, or the vido, or the ty-hi z, Mr. K, EMX500, or qian 25

Ain't most of what you have mentioned used the MX500's housing already?

Aug 3, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #21,892 of 75,283
Ok. MX500 is old model it seems. How good it is? At few places they mentioned that it has good bass response and full bodied and warm sound? Also, do you know if Sony E808+ is available with Mic?

Aug 3, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #21,893 of 75,283
BTW, I am going to order a soldering iron and will try to recable one of the broken earbuds. Hope this is not too daunting and difficult as I have absolutely no experience with soldering. Trying to find out the tutorials someone shared few weeks back. But one question, is there any recabling service available in US? Also, I will use cables with mic so hope all my earphones (with or without mic) will be converted with mic options only. Is there any kit available which has all tools (and tips if possible) to recable the earbud? I guess all I need to do remove the cable of old earbud and solder the new one and put the shell back. Right? Hope new cables are not very expensive or it will make more sense to just buy new earbud. But if putting microphoned cable in any earbud will make this earbud with mic, then it will be good for example my SHE3800 will start working and will have mic version too.

Aug 3, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #21,894 of 75,283
10540972_1458437604416868_1044951308_n.png really

Aug 3, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #21,895 of 75,283
I got a delivery from Jim's shop at AE today: Vido, K's Earphone K200, K's Earphone K300 Pro, DIY Graphene and also the JAZZ R7.0 amp.
IMG_0460.jpg

I only listened to a few tracks on the Vido, K's Earphone K200 and DIY Graphene on an Xduoo X3. My initial impression is that either the DIY Graphene was tuned by the same tone deaf guy that did the 1MORE EO303 tuning or they need some serious burning in. There are like large chunks of frequencies that are just missing. It can't be that they are supposed to sound like that.
Initially I was not that impressed by the K's Earphone K300 Pro. They had some serious slamming bass even with MP+ thin foams, but the detail was too poor and the treble far to veiled for my liking. Others may say they would be perfect for treble sensitive listeners.
I got the JAZZ R7.0 with the intention to play around with some opamps and was not expecting much right out of the box. Anyhow, I wanted to test it and used an X3 and my new K300 Pro.

IMG_0463.jpg IMG_0464.jpg

And holy smokes. This was a match made in heaven. I simply could not believe the perfect synergy from this stack. Especially with vocal music like
and other classical music like Argerich's Rach 3. So my advice would be: if you think the K300 Pro sound poor - change the source. They really have potential!

Though, just to be clear. Even if this was great, everything is still miles behind
IMG_0465.jpg
in my book. :)

Aug 3, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #21,897 of 75,283
I got a delivery from Jim's shop at AE today: Vido, K's Earphone K200, K's Earphone K300 Pro, DIY Graphene and also the JAZZ R7.0 amp.

I only listened to a few tracks on the Vido, K's Earphone K200 and DIY Graphene on an Xduoo X3. My initial impression is that either the DIY Graphene was tuned by the same tone deaf guy that did the 1MORE EO303 tuning or they need some serious burning in. There are like large chunks of frequencies that are just missing. It can't be that they are supposed to sound like that.
Initially I was not that impressed by the K's Earphone K300 Pro. They had some serious slamming bass even with MP+ thin foams, but the detail was too poor and the treble far to veiled for my liking. Others may say they would be perfect for treble sensitive listeners.
I got the JAZZ R7.0 with the intention to play around with some opamps and was not expecting much right out of the box. Anyhow, I wanted to test it and used an X3 and my new K300 Pro.

And holy smokes. This was a match made in heaven. I simply could not believe the perfect synergy from this stack. Especially with vocal music like
and other classical music like Argerich's Rach 3. So my advice would be: if you think the K300 Pro sound poor - change the source. They really have potential!

Though, just to be clear. Even if this was great, everything is still miles behind
in my book. :)

Let us know about the Vido when you have an opinion. And burn in... I believe that takes place between the ears :darthsmile:

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #21,900 of 75,283
Exactly. Maybe the cord, or foams are making a difference for you.
Let us know about the Vido when you have an opinion. And burn in... I believe that takes place between the ears :darthsmile:
Vido is good overall. Good Bass and was sounding good even without burn-in and now I feel that bass is slightly less than 1st day now. But the Bass is not very deep and you will feel that it is bass spreading all over your body. One issue is that Vido with mic is not having some problem. For last few days, it automatically fast/forward the song or play/pause the player. Also, if using with phone to talk, it disconnect the call automatically. So I need to buy one earbud of good quality and with mic. And I am using PowerAmp like you with S6 Edge.

Edit - Vido without mic is still good (as he sent it accidentally so sent mic later but did not ask for returning the without mic one). But without mic the cable is J cable which is not good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back