Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 1, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #21,856 of 75,437
Y
Thanks buddy. Do you know if TY Hi-Z 150S is also available in Mic. The cable in 32 Ohms is different and looks not bassy as Freq response is from 20-20k. In case of 150S, it is from 10-20k
Using High Impedance with phone will result in thin sound and no bass!! no matter how much bass there is suppose to be in the earbuds!! Get a zishan or a walnut please... high power will bring more bass to any earbuds you already own.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #21,857 of 75,437
[Mod Comment]

We don't like getting called to threads - repeatedly, so I'll try and cover with a blanket response.

1. We don't allow reference to banned sellers on head-Fi. Not in threads. Not in reviews. In case anyone not aware, "****" and "****" are a subsidiary brand of WEasy. **** is banned for multiple offences - you can read about them here - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...iems-amps-dacs.684159/page-2008#post-12676708
    Personally I would never support anyone who has these sorts of ethics.

2. Please do not make multiple posts in a row. When we encounter these, they will be deleted. It is known as spamming a thread, and it breaks our rules. Repeated ignoring of this rule may result in removal from a thread.

3. Please do not play the role of Moderator (unless you actually are one :wink: ). If you see something which breaks our rules (note - not something you simply don't agree with - but something which actually breaks the rules), then report it, but do not respond. There is less for us to clean up that way.

The following are not rules - but sage bits of advice which may make life easier in the thread.
  • Posts like this get annoying and members soon get peeved enough to report things.
    Is SHE3800 not available on AE or Penon? Why as they seem to be popular one?
    Don't be lazy - go to Penon and find out for yourself. Members here are not your personal assistants.
  • For simple questions - please use the search function first, to see if someone has already answered your query
  • We have a block feature for a reason. if a member is really getting annoying, we suggest using it. Easier for everyone that way.

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #21,858 of 75,437
Y

Using High Impedance with phone will result in thin sound and no bass!! no matter how much bass there is suppose to be in the earbuds!! Get a zishan or a walnut please... high power will bring more bass to any earbuds you already own.
So you are saying that High impedence = thin sound and less bass? However, I wanted High Impdence bud as I am using PowerAmp and don't want two devices to carry at same time. As far as Zishan or Walnut is concerned, I already have iPod Nano 1G which is even better than these. But again, I cannot take call using iPod Nano 1G :)

[Mod Comment]

We don't like getting called to threads - repeatedly, so I'll try and cover with a blanket response.

1. We don't allow reference to banned sellers on head-Fi. Not in threads. Not in reviews. In case anyone not aware, "****" is a subsidiary brand of WEasy. **** is banned for multiple offences - you can read about them here - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...iems-amps-dacs.684159/page-2008#post-12676708

2. Please do not make multiple posts in a row. When we encounter these, they will be deleted. It is known as spamming a thread, and it breaks our rules. Repeated ignoring of this rule may result in removal from a thread.

3. Please do not play the role of Moderator (unless you actually are one :wink: ). If you see something which breaks our rules (note - not something you simply don't agree with - but something which actually breaks the rules), then report it, but do not respond. There is less for us to clean up that way.

The following are not rules - but sage bits of advice which may make life easier in the thread.
  • Posts like this get annoying and members soon get peeved enough to report things.

Don't be lazy - go to Penon and find out for yourself. Members here are not your personal assistants.
  • For simple questions - please use the search function first, to see if someone has already answered your query
  • We have a block feature for a reason. if a member is really getting annoying, we suggest using it. Easier for everyone that way.
:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 1, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #21,859 of 75,437
That's what. It is useless to spend so much money to get a piece of trash and ear piercing harsh sound. Even if there is some bass, harsh spikes will make it zero and uncomfortable completely.

I already have best ever sounding iPod Nano 1G. Even better than $400-500 DACs and Music Players I guess. Though, my original one I accidentally replaced under iPod Nano replacement program and got No bass and not warm version iPod Nano 7G. 1G, bought from ebay, somehow don't feel same sounding like my replaced one so not using that. Also, I don't want to carry 2-2 devices and PowerAmp has good airy and bassy sound. I saw Zishan DAC, it looks very bulky and I guess heavy also.

Also, full potential of these music players will be seen only if you have lossless or FLAC music files which is hard to get.

Just wanted to say that I already have iPod Nano Player which is even better than Zishan in terms of quality and sound also but I am preferring my Mobile to listen to the music now a days as finding it much easier to change song or increase, decrease volume or simply taking the call if I get any during listening to the music. But as I found couple of earbud spoiled while using PowerAmp, that's why I wanted high impedence bud as I found only Monk+ did not break. However, its mic stopped working after some time but noting happened to speakers. I wish I can replace cables of all earbuds have :frowning2:

[Mod Edit - consolidating posts]

Its good to understand what a DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) and what an AMP (Amplifier) does.. the dac feeds the base signal to the amp to be amplifed.

The old ipod nano might have a good dac chip, but the amp which amplifies the signals for the headphone is inadequate to drive high impedance buds. Thats why its better to pair lower impedences (16-64) with such devices. Also a weak amp will be more prone to clipping and distortion if driven near its max levels.

For the zishan z1 it has an ESS DAC which is no slouch, and has a very low noise floor (no hissing). Its AMP is also very powerful (relative to an ipod) and can drive 16-650 ohm buds. Its also quite a small device, most pictures are zoomed in. Its about the size of a credit card.

Also have you heard a Zishan Z1/Z2 to assert your view of its sound quality?

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #21,860 of 75,437
Its good to understand what a DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) and what an AMP (Amplifier) does.. the dac feeds the base signal to the amp to be amplifed.

The old ipod nano might have a good dac chip, but the amp which amplifies the signals for the headphone is inadequate to drive high impedance buds. Thats why its better to pair lower impedences (16-64) with such devices. Also a weak amp will be more prone to clipping and distortion if driven near its max levels.

For the zishan z1 it has an ESS DAC which is no slouch, and has a very low noise floor (no hissing). Its AMP is also very powerful (relative to an ipod) and can drive 16-650 ohm buds. Its also quite a small device, most pictures are zoomed in. Its about the size of a credit card.

Did not hear Zishan or any other player but from pic it was looking bulky so I did not think of it. I doubt that it will be better than iPod in terms of quality but I have not heard and I don't think it is available to see and listen in any shop. iPod Nano 7G is only 30g weight and very small. I guess the iPod Nano 1G which I bought from Ebay, may not be that good what I had earlier which I get replaced under Apple scheme. I guess some really basshead bud can make Nano 7G sound better and warmer as that it too too bright.

Just one question, does Zishan add kind of airyness and studio kind of sound in the song which PowerAmp does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 1, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #21,861 of 75,437
[Mod Comment]

1. We don't allow reference to banned sellers on head-Fi. Not in threads. Not in reviews. In case anyone not aware, "****" is a subsidiary brand of WEasy. **** is banned for multiple offences - you can read about them here - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...iems-amps-dacs.684159/page-2008#post-12676708

Thanks for the clarification. Apologies I did not know about the ban.

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #21,862 of 75,437
Did not hear Zishan or any other player but from pic it was looking bulky so I did not think of it. I doubt that it will be better than iPod in terms of quality but I have not heard and I don't think it is available to see and listen in any shop. iPod Nano 7G is only 30g weight and very small. I guess the iPod Nano 1G which I bought from Ebay, may not be that good what I had earlier which I get replaced under Apple scheme. I guess some really basshead bud can make Nano 7G sound better and warmer as that it too too bright.

Just one question, does Zishan adds kind of airyness and studio kind of sound in the song which PowerAmp does.

PowerAMP is software.. its just a good music player and does not affect the quality of the music. But it does have 'sound processors'' such as its EQ settings.

I personally do not use any EQ as i like to hear the music as the artist has mixed it. When I first got my Zishan, the first thing I noticed was my buds felt (a bit) more energetic and authoritive when compared to my Shanling M1..

On a side note.. TY 150s MK2 ordered - balanced version :-D Bought a fiio l26 too ..

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #21,863 of 75,437
PowerAMP is software.. its just a good music player and does not affect the quality of the music. But it does have 'sound processors'' such as its EQ settings.

I personally do not use any EQ as i like to hear the music as the artist has mixed it. When I first got my Zishan, the first thing I noticed was my buds felt (a bit) more energetic and authoritive when compared to my Shanling M1..

On a side note.. TY 150s MK2 ordered - balanced version :-D Bought a fiio l26 too ..
Ok. PowerAmp has EQ but I guess it adds something in the music which gives studio effect and more bass and airyness. Sound becomes more warmer in PowerAmp. Need good buds to see how it feels in iPod or any other player I can try out somewhere. TY- 150s is not with Mic so I might not be able to buy. But seems to be a good bassy and warm bud from specs

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #21,864 of 75,437
TY- 150s is not with Mic so I might not be able to buy. But seems to be a good bassy and warm bud from specs
Did you read the review about it on head-fi? It's a bright signature earbud with "sparkling treble", not "warm" at all... https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ty-hi-z-150s.22531/reviews
Review said "To conclude, 150 is a bright sounding earbud with great sub-bass extension, transparent mids and organic treble."

About "from specs" : specs said NOTHING about the earbud sound signature, the frequency response did not tell you anything about how sound a earbud in reality.

So you are saying that High impedence = thin sound and less bass?

NO!! He did NOT said that!
Read again, he just said that an earbud with High Impedance on your smartphone going to have "thin sound and less bass" because in that case earbud did not have the good quantity of amplification to sound as they should. A smartphone can't drive correctly an earbud with High impedance.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #21,865 of 75,437
Hi, guys!

Just wanna ask for recommendations for a midcentric or at least a neutral buds with clear, articulate mids.

Been on hiatus for a couple of months now as I thought I'm already good with a Hi-Z 150 and 32 set (the former being my go-to buds for rock, Hip Hop, and the latter for vocals) but it turns out that I'm done with the 32ohm variant and would want to try another buds that could replace it in my little set.

That said, the last time I'm here, I heard good things about the Aglamour RX1.

Anyway, what are your thoughts about these two and if possible, you could also suggest other buds that fits the bill that I'm looking for. Price should be under $30. Well, it would be better if it's just hovering around $20 lol.

Hoping for your kind response, guys. Thanks!

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #21,866 of 75,437
like @BoomBap08, i'm also looking for a more neutral/ mid and treble emphasized buds (the most mid and treble one in my collection is thr red demun). without regarding the price, which is better between the moondrop vx pro, and auglamour rx-1?

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #21,867 of 75,437
Hi, guys!

Just wanna ask for recommendations for a midcentric or at least a neutral buds with clear, articulate mids.

Been on hiatus for a couple of months now as I thought I'm already good with a Hi-Z 150 and 32 set (the former being my go-to buds for rock, Hip Hop, and the latter for vocals) but it turns out that I'm done with the 32ohm variant and would want to try another buds that could replace it in my little set.

That said, the last time I'm here, I heard good things about the Aglamour RX1.

Anyway, what are your thoughts about these two and if possible, you could also suggest other buds that fits the bill that I'm looking for. Price should be under $30. Well, it would be better if it's just hovering around $20 lol.

Hoping for your kind response, guys. Thanks!

The PT15 are not midcentric, however their mids are neutral, clear and articulate so they might be what you are looking for. Something to think about before buying, the shells are made of metal and I find them to be quite heavy on my ears so I cannot wear them for long periods.

There are 2 versions of the PT15, the 1st version which I own have little bass and very bright treble, while the 2nd version is said to be more balanced sounding, I have no idea if they are being sold concurrently or if the 2nd version has replaced the 1st so you may have to reach out to the seller for clarification.

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #21,868 of 75,437
S70802-072924.jpg 20413919_1457068347682269_8520323272392857584_o.jpg 20451726_1457068241015613_1744709481202192152_o.jpg 20451916_1457068244348946_1855120008770493569_o.jpg 20423879_1457070284348742_3743643521040002654_o.jpg

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #21,870 of 75,437
[Mod Comment]
  • Don't be lazy - go to Penon and find out for yourself. Members here are not your personal assistants.

So elegance move. Like+1000. For those who own 'specific' opinion & aspect about 'things' (and already made a conclusion by themself since from the start). Why do they have to repetitive asking other opinion or asking something that never have been produced in the market? Because at the end, other opinions seems nothing for them and become useless time both personal assistants side and 'those' side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back