Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 3, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #20,461 of 75,148
Some reliable options under 100 would be Shozy Cygnus, Red Demun which Rholupat has one sale currently, Edimun V3, and Crow Audio Raven. I personally have cable issues due to stiffness with Red Demun, another had issues with the Raven in that respect. Cygnus and Raven are great for vocals, Demun for all-around, and Edimun is a solid all arounder with a more fun sound to it to my ears. Comfort-wise, I'd say Cygnus wins. You can also contact @uairekko and see about a custom build, who pretty much from the ground up builds your earbud to what you're after. I was really pleased with the work. If I remember I overpaid on shipping to be safe due to neither of us being sure of the cost, so it should come in at under $100.

Some other suggestions might be made based on what you're looking for sound-wise, type of music you listen to, and maybe what you'd use the earbuds with as far as source.

Off topic: speaking of Red Demun, can anyone describe the differences between Red & Blue Demun? Given the sale I might pick it up if it seems promising.

At this price, I look to the Rose Masya... http://penonaudio.com/Rose-Masya like in this review : https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/rose-masya.22316/reviews It seems fantastic !! :sunglasses:

For neutral sound earbuds consider TY Hi-Z Earbud HP650 or TY Hi-Z HP-400se . The 400se is well under $100. Bloody Penguin did a nice overview of the TY lineup
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/introduction-to-ty-hi-z-earbud-family-mega-review.831374/

I have the HP650 and if the 400se was available I'd likley be happy with that too.

Thanks you guys so much. I think im going to take a bet on Rose Masya.But im still thinking of SHOZY Cygnus
I think it'd be better if I introduce a bit of my current circumstance.
At the moment, I have only my phone which is iphone 6+ to is the source for all my music. Im a fan of amped pk1 when listening to my favorite type of music (vocal,ballad - mostly female) because of the detail and the instrument separation as well as the comfort of it.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #20,462 of 75,148
EB28.jpg

K's (凯) earphone K200
Shozy Cygnus(?) Limited Edition
FaShaoZhe M90

SL.JPG

Be off in a few hours to vacation for a couple of days, so I won't be posting any detail impression till I am back.

Jun 3, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #20,463 of 75,148
Thanks you guys so much. I think im going to take a bet on Rose Masya.But im still thinking of SHOZY Cygnus
At the moment, I have only my phone which is iphone 6+ to is the source for all my music. Im a fan of amped pk1 when listening to my favorite type of music (vocal,ballad - mostly female) because of the detail and the instrument separation as well as the comfort of it.

Both Cygnus & Masya will do well, and are easily driven.

Jun 3, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #20,465 of 75,148
This guy is going to create an Earbud with Planar scheme and right now collecting info people's interest. If you interest, contact him. He's one of Indonesia's famous earbud Technician and builder

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-03-22-50-34-583_com.facebook.katana.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-03-22-50-34-583_com.facebook.katana.png
    149 KB · Views: 0
Jun 3, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #20,471 of 75,148

I use an LG V10 with my TY HP650, and don't have experience driving with 6+. You have some good options there!

Jun 3, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #20,472 of 75,148
K's (凯) earphone K200
Shozy Cygnus(?) Limited Edition
FaShaoZhe M90

Be off in a few hours to vacation for a couple of days, so I won't be posting any detail impression till I am back.

Amazing...Shozy must have a big supply of NOS - New Old Stock drivers for the Cygnus. We thought they would surely have run out by now :smile_phones:

Jun 3, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #20,473 of 75,148
oh my goodness, those of you that ordered the eb200 are in for a treat!

they're seriously great. a nice well balanced sound with a wide soundstage and great imaging for the price. I'm using them with a cayin n3 and they sound like they're pretty much made for each other. the bass is indeed good in this balanced earbud...a great compliment to the bassy vidos. Out of the box, I think I already prefer them to the brighter diy pk2, but all of these buds have to be some of the best for the price.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #20,474 of 75,148
Jun 3, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #20,475 of 75,148
oh my goodness, those of you that ordered the eb200 are in for a treat!

they're seriously great. a nice well balanced sound with a wide soundstage and great imaging for the price. I'm using them with a cayin n3 and they sound like they're pretty much made for each other. the bass is indeed good in this balanced earbud...a great compliment to the bassy vidos. Out of the box, I think I already prefer them to the brighter diy pk2, but all of these buds have to be some of the best for the price.
Nice to know.. on the way too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back