Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 13, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #19,621 of 75,568
  Truth be told I have never been into Earbuds as I found no particular way to use them for my lifestyle. However lately due to my love of Kaede II and disappointment in the current IEM lineup I decided to look into earbuds. For my first earbuds since when I was a teenager I bought a product that is currently in beta stage. I bought it despite been in beta stage as the designer of this IEM I highly trust. He is currently not sure on whether he wants to go public as the entire project is hand made. He hand selected the cable which where so good I had to ask him to make a mmcx cable for me.
The driver is tuned to his liking, it goes under 40 hour of burnin, the divider is hand twisted copper wire, it is 300 ohm.

The sound reminds me of HD600, frankly it is as open sound as HD600. It needs a bit of juice to sound its best, however I find it as engaging from my laptop. For those who like the typical audiophile recording this IEM will sound very special. 

Without his permission I have posted this, hoping this will encourage him to do something with one of his many ideas he has. I will post more pictures and impression after I stop enjoying my time. I got up 5 AM and played all my Sting/police albums and now it is 7:42 AM.

Not the ones with silver housing shells ? 
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Very interested to read your thoughts of them.
popcorn.gif

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #19,622 of 75,568

Not the ones with silver housing shells ? 
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Very interested to read your thoughts of them.
popcorn.gif

Yes that was one of his project but he made for his friends (Unless someone else did it too). The housing was made by someone else. At the moment he was ideas to use Brass and silver. Brass seems to produce a smoother tonality but for now he is still in trial phase.

The one I have come with a simple plastic housing.

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #19,623 of 75,568
He is currently not sure on whether he wants to go public as the entire project is hand made. He hand selected the cable which where so good I had to ask him to make a mmcx cable for me.

Without his permission I have posted this, hoping this will encourage him to do something with one of his many ideas he has.

Definitely a fan of the design. Those who have facebook should already know who this builder is. The "signature" splitter gives it away :)

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #19,624 of 75,568

I think I'm the only other one to post about Yinman 600, and I do love it. For me, the fitting is not so much about the size but its shape, which makes it easy to fall out of my ear. It sits securely when I use two foams (a donut and a thin full cover).

It needs good power and keeps sounding better as you give it more. From my Jotunheim I got a nice jump in performance switching to a balanced cable. Directly out of a MacBook Pro, the volume is loud enough but the sound loses liveliness.

Can you share a pic of what the connection looks like on the Yinman 600 (not the cable). The mic cable I'm looking at is not perfectly round near the base (see 3rd image):

(https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MMCX-SE215-Cable-with-MIC-Single-Crystal-Copper-Wire-Detachable-Cords-for-Shure-SE215-SE315/32756654166.html)

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #19,626 of 75,568
I think I'm the only other one to post about Yinman 600, and I do love it. For me, the fitting is not so much about the size but its shape, which makes it easy to fall out of my ear. It sits securely when I use two foams (a donut and a thin full cover).

It needs good power and keeps sounding better as you give it more. From my Jotunheim I got a nice jump in performance switching to a balanced cable. Directly out of a MacBook Pro, the volume is loud enough but the sound loses liveliness.

Indeed and that time really almost hold me to pull the trigger as i cannot find any other review, but i am glad i pull the trigger :). Still waiiting my desktop amp (aune s16) to come and currently only using mojo to power it.

Is the sound darker for double foaming ? I am currently using donut foam.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #19,627 of 75,568
Apr 14, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #19,628 of 75,568
Is the sound darker for double foaming ? I am currently using donut foam.

I'm using thin Monk foam over the donut. It makes a better seal in my ear and extends the low end, but doesn't change the character of the sound — neutral balance with extended highs and lows, fast and detailed. I listen primarily to classical music, and I continue to be impressed by its natural and realistic portrayal of live acoustic instruments.

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #19,629 of 75,568
I'll take some pictures tomorrow during the day, but it's standard MMCX and I don't see any reason it wouldn't work.

The only possible issue is if the design of the earbud makes a cable with a larger head at the MMCX connection not fit well.  An example would be the DK-Song which has a similar body design and a a cable I bought for it that is a very snug fit.

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #19,630 of 75,568

Fans definitely help, though mine might be too noisy...

Curious about this as well. Danneq knows his buds, and I missed out on Diomnes.

actually, we still have one pair  available now

Cool! New ABnormal earbud! What's the name? Ohm? Can it compete with Diomnes?

Its just Limited Edition Modified Blue Monk+, good stuff for focal lovers.

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #19,631 of 75,568
Apr 14, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #19,632 of 75,568
  Can you share a pic of what the connection looks like on the Yinman 600 (not the cable).

Here is the MMCX connector on Yinman 600.

With stock connector and cable:

My balanced cable with Eidolic MMCX connector.

Since you're looking at cables with mic, I guess that means you want to use this 600 ohm earbud directly on a phone. I've tried it on a Galaxy S7 and it isn't bad but needs more power to fully come to life.

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #19,633 of 75,568
  Here is the MMCX connector on Yinman 600.
With stock connector and cable:
My balanced cable with Eidolic MMCX connector.

Since you're looking at cables with mic, I guess that means you want to use this 600 ohm earbud directly on a phone. I've tried it on a Galaxy S7 and it isn't bad but needs more power to fully come to life.

Ah, I totally forgot about that. Got too excited about purchasing the Yinman's. I might have to settle for the BeB buds mentioned earlier or maybe some cheap apple buds. I have trouble getting a fit with the Rose Mojito, so I might skip the Masya too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back