Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 17, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #19,651 of 75,861
It has been a great past 4 day break thanks to easter break. I have spend a good 20 hours with the Blur. It is just hard to imagine such sound can come from such a thing. To my ears anyone who likes the HD600 will instantly like the Blur. 

After spending time with Blur I had a very hard time going back to my normal IEM. I hardly use headphone, I just dont know why. I keep buying them and I just rarely use them. But Blur changed that. I just couldnt go back to my IEM after Blur, thanks to it I am now back to my HD600. 

Edit: I think i am slowly becoming an earbud user. I just cant transition to the close pressured feeling of IEM. 

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #19,652 of 75,861
sounds interesting, I wonder how they compare with the blox b320, with bloodypenguin's description and now yours, blur seems to be very similar as someone who is just reading about them on the internet...

...and has a pair of blox b320

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #19,653 of 75,861
  sounds interesting, I wonder how they compare with the blox b320, with bloodypenguin's description and now yours, blur seems to be very similar as someone who is just reading about them on the internet...

...and has a pair of blox b320

I am not going to lie, I am very new with Earbuds. I am just too scared to look into earbuds too much. it will make me wonder why I was so focused into sealed IEM which cost much more than earbuds.
I guess i can't use earbuds on busy buses? 

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #19,654 of 75,861
  I am not going to lie, I am very new with Earbuds. I am just too scared to look into earbuds too much. it will make me wonder why I was so focused into sealed IEM which cost much more than earbuds.

For myself I used earbuds @ night (quiet environments), and i use IEMs in the office :) I find earbuds more comfortable by a long shot! ... But i still love my LZ A4, even if I have to re position it time to time!

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #19,655 of 75,861

I use earbuds on buses, but recently have problems hearing music properly on bus (for obvious reasons) the earpods are much better for this reason and earpod shaped earbuds, but anything that has light bass will not work in noisy environments

perhaps that and the fact that I liked my new nokias iems that I am a bit more open to iems now, even bought a ty hi-z g3 iem that have read that it sounds like an earbud, open wide soundstage and with light bass, not sure they would work too good on a bus though

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #19,656 of 75,861
Who else get one of those Docomo earbuds here? They are selling at a little bit more than 4 dollars on Taobao, just too unbelievable. 

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-c.w4002-12750603070.44.xWQlTF&id=521991351143

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #19,657 of 75,861
  Not worth it, it only looks nice... Its sounds OK on its own, but the moment you listen to a better bud such as SHE3800 etc, you can hear its not as clear.

I am waiting for Yinman 150, HCK DIY Pk2 + Zishan Z1 DAP (moar power)

Here is my current 'top list' of my buds, in my preference:

1more EO320 - i feel its balance is really good overall (for my selection :))
Edifier H180 - same signature as SHE3800, but a slight step up in all areas
SHE3800 / MDR-808+ - same quality, slightly different signatures
Qian39 - excellent in all except highs
**** PT15 - unique sounding, needs EQ
Monk+ - i want to merge this with the Quians :)

Benjie K9 bud - i need more power to test this lol ..... 31/31 on the Benjie K9 and it sounds quiet, comparison i use the EO320 at 17/31, or 60/100 on the Shanling M1
UiiSii U2 - sounds cheap
RY04 - i don't like the signature...

Thanks for the update. Sad that such nice looking bud failed where it actually matters. I guess it is time for other earbud manufacturers to take next step towards look of the earbud. It is not that they will look nice only, the comfort level will also enhanced automatically. I am sure U2 will be comfortable to wear, though, no use if they sound cheap. 

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #19,658 of 75,861
  It has been a great past 4 day break thanks to easter break. I have spend a good 20 hours with the Blur. It is just hard to imagine such sound can come from such a thing. To my ears anyone who likes the HD600 will instantly like the Blur. 

After spending time with Blur I had a very hard time going back to my normal IEM. I hardly use headphone, I just dont know why. I keep buying them and I just rarely use them. But Blur changed that. I just couldnt go back to my IEM after Blur, thanks to it I am now back to my HD600. 

Edit: I think i am slowly becoming an earbud user. I just cant transition to the close pressured feeling of IEM. 

How did you find out about the Blur? Did you get a review copy, and if not, what is the price? Any idea of shipping to the US and what is the origin country?  Does the Blur cost $15, $150? $500? It would be nice to at least get a ballpark. I've seen the hype train before. Just curious where the first station is.

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #19,659 of 75,861

How did you find out about the Blur? Did you get a review copy, and if not, what is the price? Any idea of shipping to the US and what is the origin country?  Does the Blur cost ₱742 (₱742 ($15)), ₱7,420 (₱7,420 ($150))? ₱24,734 (₱24,734 ($500))? It would be nice to at least get a ballpark. I've seen the hype train before. Just curious where the first station is.

Contact "Wong Kuan Wae" on Facebook, he is the maker of these buds.
Price he indicated on a thread from Earbuds Anonymous is 128 SGD (shipped worldwide via Singapore registered airmail).

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #19,660 of 75,861
Good day, guys!

Just wanna get some recommendations for a "basshead" earbuds under $30-40.

I'm not really looking for boomy levels of bass, maybe just along the lines of the KZ iems bass, ZST to be exact (though I understand that it's not fair to compare iems to earbuds.

I've heard good things about the TY HI-Z 150ohms and the Auglamour rx1, I'm just not sure if these guys would fit the bill of what I'm looking for.

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #19,661 of 75,861
Just wanna get some recommendations for a "basshead" earbuds under $30-40.

I'm not really looking for boomy levels of bass, maybe just along the lines of the KZ iems bass, ZST to be exact (though I understand that it's not fair to compare iems to earbuds.

I've heard good things about the TY HI-Z 150ohms and the Auglamour rx1, I'm just not sure if these guys would fit the bill of what I'm looking for.

Not boomy as in IEM boomy, but Yincrow X6 are probably the bassier I have in my small collection. The best overall are HE 150 (probably not far from TY 150, since they share the same manufacturer). Stay away from RX1 if you're looking for bass.

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #19,664 of 75,861
@charles, thanks for the help!

actually, I already have a hi-z​ 32ohms which I really love to use for vocal-centric joints. Its midcentric sig and performance considering its price is just off the charts!

anyway, I'll also look into your recommendations as well. thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back