Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 12, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #19,606 of 75,563

They have Heigi foams at Amazon as well, though am unsure if they have the donut foams.

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #19,607 of 75,563
Are they the same as the extra pack That comes with monks?

They do seem to have a similar thickness and feel.
I suppose VE could be using Hiegi foams (or buying directly from the factory that produces Hiegi foams).

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #19,608 of 75,563
Are they the same as the extra pack That comes with monks?

The VE Foams are thinner foams;they did not affect any sound mainly mids.
Heigi are thicker foams;if you want to minimise the forward mids/treble;go with heigi;otherwise VE foam are best retaining natural sound and help bud  for proper fitting no other coloration to sound.

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #19,610 of 75,563
What's a good mid-centric earbud with a mic for taking calls? I was thinking the E1008, but online impressions describe it being bassy with recessed mids. Not ideal for calls... Preferably under $100.

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #19,611 of 75,563
Call for 1more EO320 owners: do your earbuds have absolute awful mic? Because mine do. I just wonder will it get better if I buy another pair.
P.S. Can you guys recomnend decent earbuds with 3-button control? Except Monk+ and 1more EO320 obviously.

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #19,613 of 75,563
just saw special edition monks called Monk Plus Bloody Orange Edition, on facebook, they cost 50USD and use Junkosha red silver-plated cable 

will be listing them in 24 hours~ and the sale goes live in about 48hours

in the photo they're balanced, maybe they have normal also, idk

link

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #19,614 of 75,563
Just wanna update that i finally take the shot and get yinman 600. Arrived today and out of the box sound give me a WOW !! Sound like using full size headphone. Fitting is bit big for my ear but how it sound pay off a bit. Will try to hear it several days and update further impression.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #19,617 of 75,563
Blue ever blue 328RM, Edifier H186P, H190P

That BEB bud sounds interesting. Wished they sold the mic version on Amazon.

Does anyone make a detachable cable that includes a mic? For example, if I got a 2 pin connector cable w/ mic for a Rose Masya? That would give me an excuse to buy one >.>

Edit: Or an MMCX w/ mic for a Yinman 600?... Someone please say yes...

Edit 2: Found a bunch of MMCX cables with mics on Amazon and Ali, but 2 pin is trickier. Not much at all.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #19,618 of 75,563
Just wanna update that i finally take the shot and get yinman 600. Arrived today and out of the box sound give me a WOW !! Sound like using full size headphone. Fitting is bit big for my ear but how it sound pay off a bit. Will try to hear it several days and update further impression.

I think I'm the only other one to post about Yinman 600, and I do love it. For me, the fitting is not so much about the size but its shape, which makes it easy to fall out of my ear. It sits securely when I use two foams (a donut and a thin full cover).

It needs good power and keeps sounding better as you give it more. From my Jotunheim I got a nice jump in performance switching to a balanced cable. Directly out of a MacBook Pro, the volume is loud enough but the sound loses liveliness.

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #19,619 of 75,563
is yinman 150 good? any impression?

Brief inpressions - Its a good all rounder, responds well to a bit of power. Sounds great with rock and metal. It's lighter and more comfortable than it looks, one of the most comfortable earbuds I have to be honest. Not an earbud you would think 'wow, such clarity', but great soundstage. Percussion and bassline sounds great through these with rock music. A level above the budget earbuds in my opinion (and that's not always the case in the price range its at).

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #19,620 of 75,563
Truth be told I have never been into Earbuds as I found no particular way to use them for my lifestyle. However lately due to my love of Kaede II and disappointment in the current IEM lineup I decided to look into earbuds. For my first earbuds since when I was a teenager I bought a product that is currently in beta stage. I bought it despite been in beta stage as the designer of this IEM I highly trust. He is currently not sure on whether he wants to go public as the entire project is hand made. He hand selected the cable which where so good I had to ask him to make a mmcx cable for me.
The driver is tuned to his liking, it goes under 40 hour of burnin, the divider is hand twisted copper wire, it is 300 ohm.

The sound reminds me of HD600, frankly it is as open sound as HD600. It needs a bit of juice to sound its best, however I find it as engaging from my laptop. For those who like the typical audiophile recording this IEM will sound very special. 

Without his permission I have posted this, hoping this will encourage him to do something with one of his many ideas he has. I will post more pictures and impression after I stop enjoying my time. I got up 5 AM and played all my Sting/police albums and now it is 7:42 AM.

Price range is undecided but I paid a total of 300 SGD for both items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back