Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 23, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #19,098 of 75,303
@BloodyPenguin One IEM I was debating for under $7 has had it's price raised to $25, with the sale being higher than the previous price.

Yes, I see it also, it seem like about marketing.

I'm starting to notice that a lot of the prices were raised prior to the sale. 

Thankfully there are those sites to track some of those prices to see if they are really good or not.

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #19,099 of 75,303
I just accidentally put full 1W into my Asuras for like 30 secs and the drivers dont' seem to have blown, at least not obviously, good stuff lol :ph34r:

(p.s. **** Tidal exclusive mode overriding & forgetting previous device driver volume settings even though it uses the same volume control feature :angry_face:)

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #19,100 of 75,303
I just accidentally put full 1W into my Asuras for like 30 secs and the drivers dont' seem to have blown, at least not obviously, good stuff lol
ph34r.gif

(p.s. **** Tidal exclusive mode overriding & forgetting previous device driver volume settings even though it uses the same volume control feature
angry_face.gif
)

That is something i do on a daily basis.

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #19,101 of 75,303
That is something i do on a daily basis.

On purpose doesn't count :D Last time I'm buying dac/amp without a volume knob for sure.

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #19,102 of 75,303
What's wrong with you guys? LOL.

As you know, I've bought over 10 ear buds... I have them laying on a table beside me. But, none of you are talking about the AWEI ES10M, which can be found on Ali for $2.45 US in white or black right now. 

Out of the box without burn in, I like these better than some of the $10 U.S. ear buds like K's 64 ohm.

Keep your ears and eyes open for AWEI products!

They are an amazing HIFI sound gang!

Mar 23, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #19,103 of 75,303
  What's wrong with you guys? LOL.

As you know, I've bought over 10 ear buds... I have them laying on a table beside me. But, none of you are talking about the AWEI ES10M, which can be found on Ali for $2.45 US in white or black right now. 

Out of the box without burn in, I like these better than some of the $10 U.S. ear buds like K's 64 ohm.

Keep your ears and eyes open for AWEI products!

They are an amazing HIFI sound gang!

AWEI ES10 is one of my first earbud, good value for money...but !

Mar 23, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #19,108 of 75,303

Here's two tweeks.  One for Monk+ and one for the **** PT15.
Monk tweek...take a small safety pin and blunt it with some sandpaper.  Carefully enlarge the holes on the cover screen on the earhole side of the bud. Don't go too deep at all or you will probabably hit the speaker diaphragm.  I only did the side that is on the earhole because I didn't want to much airflow and figured it would be best to direct that towards the part that sits towards the earhole.  Result...a more "energetic" and forward sounding bud.  Great if you think Monk is a little tame sounding.  I figure it was worth it to do this mod since we probably all have a few pair of these around.  I will call this my Rock and Roll Monk, since now it's better suited for that.

**** tweek.  Well, looking at the Monk, you can see that there are actually very few holes on the front cover.  I took that observance and applied it to the ****.  I put a piece of copper tape (I use this stuff to line guitar electronics so I had this stuff laying around) a bit off center only exposing a section of the front screen.  You would think that this much coverage would completely block the sound, but it doesn't.  What happens is that it mellows the highs and mids a bit and creates and overall (more pleasing to me) sound.  You could say, more even and well rounded.

I like both of these tweeks for me.  Earbuds are tiny and very small changes can make a significant difference in sound.  So proceed with care and check the sound as you go along.  You may find your own version of these tweeks to your liking, like more or less holes on the MOnk or less coverage on the Senfers.   In any case the **** tweek is completely reversible and the Monk tweek costs nothing.   These tweeks are not night and day.   They are subtle but noticeable.  You'll have to decide if you like them or not.  Now get to it.....

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #19,110 of 75,303
**** PT15: I hope it doesn't sound like I'm listening to music through a copper penny.
That's what you would think! Haha! But no, just sounds good with still great detail. The "energy" of the **** is not diminished unlike only trying to get to that sound by foams. For me, makes the Senfers actually enjoyable not just listenable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back