Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 24, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #15,631 of 75,401
He is from Thailand headphone facebook group and already sold off his many entry level and flagship of earbuds and now he only have Marantz 660 and MX985 and going to get ATH CM700 and mojito soon,

maybe contract to golov is better choice because he is on the same facebook group and I'm not too familiar with facebook.

he sells only in Thailand for cash

It's unfortunate he only accept bahti. From all earbud, i really curious of TM7, ANV3se, and aiwa v99.
So glad if i can have at least one of them

Dec 24, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #15,632 of 75,401
i have no experience what so ever with ear buds, can i ask which is the best earbud out there now, that has great sound stage, bass and is not harsh sounding

Dec 24, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #15,633 of 75,401
Well, decided to give my new Opus #1 a try with my favorite vocals test track with the Masya.  Oh wow the two sound lovely together.  Great detail on everything, although I imagine Mojito would surpass this.  The vocals are just wonderful too, so I'm really happy with the pairing so far.  I wasn't entirely sure I was going to pick up the dap, but it came with a free Fidue A83 FB, so that sold me.

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #15,634 of 75,401
Can you believe it?
One of my 11.11 orders becomes true today, a true Xmas (auto)gift.
It's finally there, TY HP650 for a battle of big ohms against K's 500 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Merry Xmas to all earbud lovers!
beerchug.gif

Dec 24, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #15,635 of 75,401
So I let the qian 39 burn in over night and the high end improved as well as the tightness of the bass.  overall they improved nicely in the exact areas i was hoping for.

The reason i dont like the monk plus is because it has a veil over the entire frequency spectrum and my ears are always searching for whats missing it drives me crazy.   There is no veil on the qian 39, rose masya, ty650, pt 15, t music.

Something else i noticed about the qian 39 is that the mids are also very good more forward than the ty650 , makes them good for vocals. 

For $6 the qian 39 are a steal if you ask me.  And i would recommend them as anyone's first start bud hands down.  Hell it might even be my end game bud but i wont know that till i eventually get my stardusts but i really like them right now. The only thing they lack is the airiness of the masyas.

Dec 24, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #15,637 of 75,401
Can i still find zen1?

I would recommend Edimun V3, perhaps rhodium plug before gold plug. It really is very close to Zen 1, it's like a baby Zen 1. I just traded back my pair of Zen 1 to the previous owner and got my old pair of Zen 2 back. Edimun V3 gives you 95% of Zen 1. It's just slightly less wild and bass impact is not as big but otherwise you will not need Zen 1 if you've got Edimun V3...

i have no experience what so ever with ear buds, can i ask which is the best earbud out there now, that has great sound stage, bass and is not harsh sounding

It can be difficult to tick all the boxes. There are TOTL earbuds that tick one or two but not many that tick all three. My suggestion would be Cypherus CampFred. Soundstage that is better than most earbuds (but not the best), quite good bass (deeper and better controlled than most) and not harsh at all (very laid back but still detailed sound).
It will however cost you $150 without shipping...

If you can skip good bass, there is TY HiZ HP650. If you can accept a bit harsh sound there is K's 500 ohm and Rose Mojito...

Dec 24, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #15,638 of 75,401
So I let the qian 39 burn in over night and the high end improved as well as the tightness of the bass.  overall they improved nicely in the exact areas i was hoping for.

The reason i dont like the monk plus is because it has a veil over the entire frequency spectrum and my ears are always searching for whats missing it drives me crazy.   There is no veil on the qian 39, rose masya, ty650, pt 15, t music.

Something else i noticed about the qian 39 is that the mids are also very good more forward than the ty650 , makes them good for vocals. 

For $6 the qian 39 are a steal if you ask me.  And i would recommend them as anyone's first start bud hands down.  Hell it might even be my end game bud but i wont know that till i eventually get my stardusts but i really like them right now. The only thing they lack is the airiness of the masyas.

Did u buy straight plug or L plug one.

I would recommend Edimun V3, perhaps rhodium plug before gold plug. It really is very close to Zen 1, it's like a baby Zen 1. I just traded back my pair of Zen 1 to the previous owner and got my old pair of Zen 2 back. Edimun V3 gives you 95% of Zen 1. It's just slightly less wild and bass impact is not as big but otherwise you will not need Zen 1 if you've got Edimun V3...
It can be difficult to tick all the boxes. There are TOTL earbuds that tick one or two but not many that tick all three. My suggestion would be Cypherus CampFred. Soundstage that is better than most earbuds (but not the best), quite good bass (deeper and better controlled than most) and not harsh at all (very laid back but still detailed sound).
It will however cost you $150 without shipping...

If you can skip good bass, there is TY HiZ HP650. If you can accept a bit harsh sound there is K's 500 ohm and Rose Mojito...

The reviews of zen1 is completely different then thesound u describing. I think v3 is also the best for me but i want neutral and not v shaped, similar to monk+. U also mentioned the red demun has bigger soundstage then v3.

Can u put the list of best soundstage size and depth and seperation of instruments and sounds you have heared in any price bracket in earbuds.

Dec 24, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #15,639 of 75,401
The reviews of zen1 is completely different then thesound u describing. I think v3 is also the best for me but i want neutral and not v shaped, similar to monk+. U also mentioned the red demun has bigger soundstage then v3.

Can u put the list of best soundstage size and depth and seperation of instruments and sounds you have heared in any price bracket in earbuds.

Danneq did a huge comparison just of what you're asking a few pages ago. The post has 10 likes or something.

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #15,641 of 75,401
  love the qian39 without foams so comportable.

can anyone compare qian39 against sony e808+?

I didn't like the E808+ plus at first and nearly gave up on them - woolly (but deep) bass, thin mids and sharp highs. But I persevered for a few days and it all changed - bass tightened up, mids filled out and highs became smoother. And the soundstage grew in all dimensions. I think I prefer them to my Qian39 now...

Dec 24, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #15,642 of 75,401
I didn't like the E808+ plus at first and nearly gave up on them - woolly (but deep) bass, thin mids and sharp highs. But I persevered for a few days and it all changed - bass tightened up, mids filled out and highs became smoother. And the soundstage grew in all dimensions. I think I prefer them to my Qian39 now...

Thanks for the quick comparison against qian39. Was also interested on how both these cheapie wonders line up.

I reckon E808+ reaches a listenable state after 3 days of mid-volume burn-in. It will continue to slowly smoothen to a more natural sound after that.

Dec 24, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #15,643 of 75,401

Well, Edimun V3 sure is energetic. I assumed you prefered stuff like good bass and soundstage before a neutral sound. I think that Zen 1 is one of the most energetic earbuds I have heard. Edimun V3 is a bit more calm but still quite energetic.

Like Vapman mentions I did compare the 3 Cypherus earbuds with Red De'mun and Edimun V3 a few days ago.

It would take a lot of time to do the list you ask for. Is soundstage really your top priority?

CAX black would be no 1 for soundstage, then Aiwa HP D9, then perhaps Aiwa V99, then K500, then CampFred, then Rose Mojito, then Red De'mun, then Qfred (not very wide soundstage but very deep), then Sennheiser MX985...

This is just off the top of my head.

Many of them are discontinued. Some are more wide than deep. Some are better at soundstage depth even if they are not too wide.

If Cypherus makes more CAX black you will be happy. Red De'mun might be good. Together with Edimun V3 you would get some variation and great sound for less than $200. CampFred is not too far from CAX black in sound signature. It's a step down in soundstage size, instrument separation etc. Only bass is better than on CAX black (at least more deep compared to the neutral but still good bass on CAX black).

Dec 24, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #15,644 of 75,401
Thanks for the quick comparison against qian39. Was also interested on how both these cheapie wonders line up.

I reckon E808+ reaches a listenable state after 3 days of mid-volume burn-in. It will continue to slowly smoothen to a more natural sound after that.

I hope so, because out they box it isn't greater.

Dec 24, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #15,645 of 75,401

I hope so, because out they box it isn't greater.

Don't give up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back