Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 23, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #15,601 of 75,573
One year ago I only had one "modern" ear bud - VE Monk.
During 2016 I extended the collection with about 30 new buds. The final few from 11.11 (TY Hi-Z HP320M and HP650) arrived this week. And right now I have no more buds incoming.

I've come to the conclusion that I actually only need 4 or maybe 5 buds to cover all my needs.

1. Seahf LD-3.0 320 - being my all round buds that don't excel in any specific area other than being like absolute butter to my ears. I use them either when I want laid back music listening or watching talk television.

2. K's Earphone 500 - the love affair I have devolved with the the bass on these buds can't be compared to the relationship I have with any of my other head gear. Oh yes, they can misbehave and send you some sharp high tones if you feed them with music that they don't like, but that only adds to the dynamic of the love affair. I use them whenever I want to feel energetic, and that seems to be most of my waken hours, nowadays.

3. Rose Mojito - the K's 500 do great with acoustic music, but are clearly trumped by the Mojitos. While I can hear the strings vibrate on an acoustic guitar on the K's500, I can almost smell the air in the room where the music was recorded on the Mojitos. They are absolutely non forgiving, but can also emancipate the listening experience like no other bud I've heard. I was five years old when Keith Jarrett recorded the Köln Concert, but experiencing it on The Mojitos, I feel like it's happening here and now and that I'm present at the opera house. The Mojitos other forte is that they are great with heavy metal. No easy listening with these buds. They demand your full attention as soon as you pop them into your ears.

4. AUGLAMOUR RX-1 - I like to listen to pod casts in bed. I wouldn't dare to use the Mojitos in any situation where there is even a slight possibility that I could fall asleep. I'm certain they would break with even the tiniest tension put at the wrong place. The RX-1 on the other hand are the only buds the barking dog next door would not be able to chew to bits. I also love the small foot print of the RX-1. They are the only buds that I can use with my ear pressed to the pillow (and I use ergonomic, hard af Tempur pillows). Also I sometimes use them with the RUIZU X02 dap in bed listening to some Buddha Bar when going to sleep, without ever worrying that I will break some expensive gear while asleep. 

5. This is a special. I didn't like my FAAEAL 300 one bit when I took them out of the box. But somehow they were totally transformed with some simple modding (placing a Monk+ thin foam behind the driver for better controlled bass, and plugging the middle front facing vent holes with cotton to open up the mids and highs). They are not my best sounding ear buds, but they were cheap enough and sound good enough driven by my iPhone (way better than my low impedance buds), that I can't resist using them as my commuter buds without worrying that I will lose them.

To sum it up. I feel like I have all the buds that I need. I'm certain there are other buds out there, and that there will be new buds released in the near future, that could fill my needs even better. But right now I feel content with my gear. And that is a satisfying feeling. A feeling I hope all subscribers of this thread can feel towards the end of the year.

Happy holidays to all of you!
ksc75smile.gif

...and remember, like my avatar would say: there are no short cuts to the perfect sound!

Dec 23, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #15,603 of 75,573
So i got my qian 39 in the mail today........ I dont think i have ever been so impressed by an earbud.  I have the ve monks, tp musics, au glamour, ty 650 and rose masya.  And these little qian 39s are just really impressive.  I wont say they beat the ty 650s or beat the rose masyas but lets just say they give them a real run for their money.  They are like a ty650 with bass boost and I would say ever so slightly warmer sound signature with a wider sound stage.  Compared to the masya the masya wins in airiness but in all honesty the masya sounds more digital while the qian 39 more organic.  They are kind of hard to compare really because i really dont care too much for the masya's un-eqed which all comparisons i make are not eqed so you get a much better idea on how they compare. 

The one thing though that i can slightly pick up on is that the ty650 and masya are faster than the q39.  Its not a huge difference but noticeable in very fast paced music.  

Now the qian 39 earbuds are bass buds the most bass i have heard from an earbud thus far but they are no slouch in the other frequencies. But i would not recommend them to anyone looking for  flat response.  These are like a bass heads wet dream in earbud form.  I would not boost the bass on these they have plenty more than other buds boosted.

So what about detail retrieval? I would say they are very close to the same level as the ty650 but behind the masya in detail retrieval.    

If you dont have these i would highly recommend you pick up a pair they are supper cheap and they are just very good.  I would never recommend the ve monks over these ever.  If i were to give these a price in comparison to the rose masya and ty 650 i would give them a value of around $80 dollars.  Why because they perform so closely to the ty650 but have more bass.

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #15,606 of 75,573
I have the TY HP-650 and the cable is quite nice.  I am putting a HUGE review together of most of the TY Earbud Line.  I JUST finished the photo shoot last night as it took a while since I had 7 pairs of the TY to take pictures of.  I think it all turned out decent enough.  I hope to have it completed by next week.

As much as I enjoy my higher end earbuds, like the TY HP-650, the K's 500ohm and some of the nicer MusicMaker Earbuds.  I find myself reaching for my budget buds more often than not.  

I've noticed that I use my T-Music DIY Version2 the most lately.  It is a great sound from a budget bud.

--

Nice, is it include TY Hp32 and TY HP32s (red)... Wondering what is the different

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #15,607 of 75,573
  Hey vapman what mods did you do to your qian 39s and what were the results in comparison?  I am very curious after having heard the qian 39s stock being as great as they are.

Tons of mods. Too many to name! They all had varying effects on overall sound. I have to say as they are stock is one of the best sounds. The best thing you can do if you love the sound is put a better cable on. The stock cable is thin as heck.

I have a set of qian39 drivers in a Sony HPM 64 enclosure with a lot of blue tac. That is heavier bass than stock and a bit more pronounced midrange.

If you want to tighten up the bass and get beautiful intricate detailing put a silver cable on it. Pure silver, no copper.

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #15,608 of 75,573
My friend just throw away a chance to get TM7 when he compared TM7 to his MX985, says MX985 has better soundstage and better 3D presentation, *******it.

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #15,609 of 75,573
  Tons of mods. Too many to name! They all had varying effects on overall sound. I have to say as they are stock is one of the best sounds. The best thing you can do if you love the sound is put a better cable on. The stock cable is thin as heck.

I have a set of qian39 drivers in a Sony HPM 64 enclosure with a lot of blue tac. That is heavier bass than stock and a bit more pronounced midrange.

If you want to tighten up the bass and get beautiful intricate detailing put a silver cable on it. Pure silver, no copper.What sil

What silver cable did you use? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back