Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 24, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #15,616 of 75,563
Sorry I mean shipping times, Just less than two week and I get seahf, my region is southeast asia anyway.

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #15,617 of 75,563
My friend just throw away a chance to get TM7 when he compared TM7 to his MX985, says MX985 has better soundstage and better 3D presentation, *******it.

Personally I do not agree with that. Well, perhaps MX985 has got a slightly more spacious feel, but TM7 has got better instrument separation and layering (you can tell that the instruments are placed at different depths in the soundstage, in front and behind each other).

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #15,618 of 75,563
I'm not surprise consider he sold off his ANV3se before, I hope he should just give in some more time for TM7, mr.golov shall be pround of him lol.

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #15,619 of 75,563
It might be the slight V shape. If you compare, say TY32 (I have only heard version 1) with Monk+, the former is more V shaped and treble and bass appears to be more forward and "energetic". Monk+ is more flat in its frequency response and might appear less "energetic" and more "neutral" because of that.

That must be my preferred sound, because I still find of all the budget buds, the Monk+ is the one I keep coming back to, more for example than the Qian39.

I mostly listen at bedtime when I'm winding down, and I do like a bit of a smooth, relaxed sound.

That's why it's surprised me when the recent lists of budget buds have omitted the Monk+. If somebody was to buy a range of 4-5 cheaper buds to try, it would be a shame to miss the Monk+ off the list

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #15,620 of 75,563
That must be my preferred sound, because I still find of all the budget buds, the Monk+ is the one I keep coming back to, more for example than the Qian39.

I mostly listen at bedtime when I'm winding down, and I do like a bit of a smooth, relaxed sound.

That's why it's surprised me when the recent lists of budget buds have omitted the Monk+. If somebody was to buy a range of 4-5 cheaper buds to try, it would be a shame to miss the Monk+ off the list

Agreed 100%.... they will always be at or near the top of my budget bud lists. The Qian39 is the only one I can think of that even gives it competition in my honest opinion.

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #15,621 of 75,563
Greatest thing I found on earbuds is that price/performance is at skyrocket level, my monk MsVP is beat my Fullsize ATH AD700 out of water.

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #15,622 of 75,563
Greatest thing I found on earbuds is that price/performance is at skyrocket level, my monk MsVP is beat my Fullsize ATH AD700 out of water.

In hawaiibadboy's video review of the Monk+ he stated it's scary close to his Sony EX1000 in terms of overall quality... two of my friends who were diehard Senn 600/650 fans sold all their full size phones within a year  of getting their first Monk.

I am using Monk+ on Walnut right now and it's just way too good. 

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #15,623 of 75,563

At first I didn't like Monk+ compared to the original Monk but that soon changed. Monk+ is probably my favorite budget earbud. I find Cypherus CampFred to be a sort of TOTL version of Monk+. Laid back and neutral and maybe underwhelming at first, but when you start to really listen you discover how sophisticated it is.

Dec 24, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #15,625 of 75,563
  Whatever came on white K's 64.... I really could not stand the K's driver even after modding that heavily

FYI, the cable come on K's 64 white is not pure silver. It is only a silver plated copper.

I have to say K's 64 white now is my favorite buds
I have Monk+, TY Hi-Z 32 L-plug, Boarseman K25/K25s, **** PT15 and still prefer the K's 64 over all of them.
I just cannot hear any fault on the sound. It is sound detailed, smooth, balanced and laid back without any peak, a really good all rounder for me.
not to mention its sound stage, it is not too wide not too cramped either... just right... and the imaging is really good in this price range.

Dec 24, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #15,626 of 75,563
Mmm. I like the big bass, extended treble but not siblance, thick yet sharp vocals. Think a mix of monk+ and ty32.
I like huge huge 3d soundstage, clear and top class seperation. I like the big sound monk+ double foam do like an echo or something that massages my ear. It makes the stage big.

I only have my note 4 and msi gx640 laptop to use. But might buy walnut or other buget player.

I am looking at hp650 and k500 as they are in my price range and in cart but hears k's are fatiguing despite having better seperation and soundstage and scoring way higher in clio list.

I am thinking of buying an endgame iem in a4 and endgame earbud in these 2 as no one want to give me some comparisons between iem and earbuds. The reason i am not in a hurry is that i have monk+ and senfer4in1 and piston2 that zatisfy my needs but want an overall endgame upgrade.

I will recommend you ve zen v1 for that criteria. Another contender is ve asura beta (which is so rare) and edimun v3/red demun.

My friend just throw away a chance to get TM7 when he compared TM7 to his MX985, says MX985 has better soundstage and better 3D presentation, *******it.

I'm not surprise consider he sold off his ANV3se before, I hope he should just give in some more time for TM7, mr.golov shall be pround of him lol.

May i ask your friend contact?
I would gladly take a chance to buy TM7 or ANV3se

Dec 24, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #15,627 of 75,563
Can i still find zen1?

Dec 24, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #15,629 of 75,563
I will recommend you ve zen v1 for that criteria. Another contender is ve asura beta (which is so rare) and edimun v3/red demun.

May i ask your friend contact?
I would gladly take a chance to buy TM7 or ANV3se

He is from Thailand headphone facebook group and already sold off his many entry level and flagship of earbuds and now he only have Marantz 660 and MX985 and going to get ATH CM700 and mojito soon,

maybe contract to golov is better choice because he is on the same facebook group and I'm not too familiar with facebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back