Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 18, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #556 of 75,272
Mdr-e888 have a narrow soundstage compare to other vintage earbuds.i also feel that the high is not well extended.i don't know about the mx985 but i had the mx980,the sound of the mx980 is digital compare to other vintage earbuds.It also depend on your DAP.:xf_eek:

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #557 of 75,272
  Not sure if this is being talked about elsewhere, but I just picked up a pair of M2C on the Blox website. Looks like they have stock again...

Thanks for the tip ! Ordered !

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #558 of 75,272
...for those wondering about the M2c's latest iteration and the tuning of the drivers, Woo has confirmed that they did indeed change them. He did not specify how though. The materials are still the same.

I had a pair of the old ones quite a while back. I hope I can recall enough to tell the differences when I receive the new ones.

@Clieos, have you tried the newer ones?

Feb 28, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #559 of 75,272
just got a reply from Dasetn (or the guy behind it), he writes that he will introduce more headphones (however no info on what kind of phones and which models). He also launched a website dasetn(dot)com
just checked the website out but no earbuds at the moment.... hope that we will see some new earbuds from him soon (I'm especially interested in the mx1 :) )

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #560 of 75,272
  just got a reply from Dasetn (or the guy behind it), he writes that he will introduce more headphones (however no info on what kind of phones and which models). He also launched a website dasetn(dot)com
just checked the website out but no earbuds at the moment.... hope that we will see some new earbuds from him soon (I'm especially interested in the mx1 :) )

Please be aware that there is reason to be cautious about dealing with Dasetn (see: http://www.head-fi.org/t/707468/diy-yuin-pk3s-failed-about-a-few-months-seller-dasetn-now-refuses-to-reply).

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #562 of 75,272
Haven't had any problem with my Dasetn stuff yet and he's been very nice. I bought a pair of Dasetn MX1 for around $15 that never arrived. I contacted him and told him that I never received the MX1, and then he cancelled the purchase and refunded my money. I bought a new pair that did reach me (these cost $20 since he had added shipping costs).

He seems to be doing this alone and doesn't seem to be 100% fluent in English, so I think he's doing a good job considering his limited resources...

Mar 2, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #564 of 75,272

MX1 is discontinued.
I have his new flagship - MX760. It is fantastic!
I am waiting for him to answer some of my questions before publishing a review.

Mar 2, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #568 of 75,272
Mar 2, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #569 of 75,272
How much does it cost?how is the sound signature?can you post the information when you receive it from him?thanks
biggrin.gif

The retail price isn't known yet. I got it at the "introductory" price, which doesn't necessarily represent the final price.
I will post the full review as soon as he responds to my questions.

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #570 of 75,272
This is what worries me about some of Dasetn's designs: when he decides to release a DIY mod version of established maker's earbud models. He should not have done a straight mod of the Sennheiser MX760. I love my MX1 and have no doubt that the MX760 sound great, but he should have continued with the generic housing of the MX1 (although that was originally also a Sennheiser design - for the MX400 model). I mean, I don't want Dasetn to be sued by a established company when he's got a real talent for making good sounding earbuds...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back