Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 17, 2024 at 7:23 AM Post #73,966 of 75,710
Thanks for your thoughts! I should also mention I'm most of all into gaming, and I turned to Yincrow's very open design because I have severe autoimmune ear inflammation from a rare disease called Relapsing Polychondritis. So headphones and deep IEM's are too painful, while the Yincrows are not (went through half a dozen high-end IEM's before a redditor said I should check out Yincrow). Since you said it's mostly down to signature preference, I wonder which signature between Yincrow rw-2000, 3000, 4000 will end up being most ideal for gaming and movie watching. Music is great too, but lower priority for me.
I suppose audio immersion* in games are what I most enjoy, since I'm not competitive and usually into story games. I also bought Dolby Atmos for Headphones to simulate surround sound in games when possible!
I play competitive and played pro for some time, and I use earbuds most of the time when playing casually. I haven't tested the RW-4000, but I have tried both the RW-2000 and RW-3000. In my opinion, both of them are great for gaming, but if I'm going to choose one, I will get the RW-3000. And maybe play around with your sound settings lol.

Feb 17, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #73,967 of 75,710
1000023234.jpg

So i just found out that wearing my earbuds like this make a bight and day difference, everything becomes better and more balanced oh and the bass.. holographic impactful, amazing, none of my over ear headphones and iems come even close.

Now the problem is that for long sessions my ear starts to hurt because it presses against my ear cartilage. Any shell recommendations that can be worn iem style comfortably without pain?
I too have always sought to find alternative positions in order to gain in seriousness and transparency. The horizontal position is the one that has given me the best results, because it opens up the channel and offers a closer contact with it, making the bass more powerful, either because of that same close contact or because of the greater proximity to the channel. It is true that it is a setting that is not very comfortable for long sessions and that it is somewhat complicated to find the right spot. It is not too stable either. But that's how I usually use the earbuds when I'm at my desk.

And yes, there are some earbuds that are specially shaped for downward use, like the IEMS.

Ty Hi-Z HP-150s mkII hor.jpegIMG_20190420_130225.jpgOurart Ti7 pos 1.jpeg

Feb 17, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #73,968 of 75,710

So i just found out that wearing my earbuds like this make a bight and day difference, everything becomes better and more balanced oh and the bass.. holographic impactful, amazing, none of my over ear headphones and iems come even close.

Now the problem is that for long sessions my ear starts to hurt because it presses against my ear cartilage. Any shell recommendations that can be worn iem style comfortably without pain?
You can find cut MX500 shells or you can cut them yourself if you want. There's also bell and bellhorn metal shells on Ali that I find very comfortable in that position.IMG_20240217_203113.jpgIMG_20240217_203136.jpgIMG_20240217_203057.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #73,971 of 75,710
Thanks for finding a review! I used DeepL to translate:

--------- [Star Cow Descends! --------- Subjective Experience Report on RW4000 (Star Cow)
Thanks, both Google and DeepL translation is roughly the same, a few word changes here and there. I'm just glad to have found the review and that an AI translation to English is enough to get the review thoughts across.

sivga is good, but not for your liking. it is a very warm and bassy earbud with a very 2d soundstage without depth. i would suggest trying out the much overlooked fiio em5 which might also be to warm for you or maybe the moondrop chaconne, which has a lighter very detailed signature.
EM5 is still one of my favorites too.

Still don't understand the difference with RW-3000 or RW-2000. Plenty of poetry...
I think the reviewer is saying the overall clarity is better (RW-4000 vs RW-3000), but that is just my guess. I don't think the reviewer indicates RW-2000 at all. I wish someone could do a real translation rather then AI language translation, but something is better than nothing.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #73,972 of 75,710
Enjoying a morning with buds, I am working on a DAP review. Had fun seeing how the new R8 II could handle the 300ohm Zen 3.0, is it perfect? no, but close enough so the dynamics and note thickness is full. So for me good enough when not at the desktop amplifiers.

Now I'm getting slowly to know the @FranQL Black Panther + Clan Audio cable for it. My friend @Charlyro222 had it hostage for a month 🤣

Another good bud from my hermano, nice third weel beside my Blue Moon and the Caelum.

1000025123.jpg
Is that the "make a deal with the devil" (LOL) earbuds that @Charlyro222 was advertising in Nov. 2023?

12221928.jpeg

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #73,973 of 75,710
Is that the "make a deal with the devil" (LOL) earbuds that @Charlyro222 was advertising in Nov. 2023?

12221928.jpeg

Haha not that one, not sure how that project is going on. Fran's testing can take a while to find something he is satisfied with. *

This is a model he made to match his prog rock/metal, would say it is a success. Has a clear sound with good note weight and well extended treble, midrange a little back compared to something like his Blue Moon. And also less bass than Caelum, so the sound is very open and clear. Slight U shaper perhaps.

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #73,974 of 75,710
I too have always sought to find alternative positions in order to gain in seriousness and transparency. The horizontal position is the one that has given me the best results, because it opens up the channel and offers a closer contact with it, making the bass more powerful, either because of that same close contact or because of the greater proximity to the channel. It is true that it is a setting that is not very comfortable for long sessions and that it is somewhat complicated to find the right spot. It is not too stable either. But that's how I usually use the earbuds when I'm at my desk.

And yes, there are some earbuds that are specially shaped for downward use, like the IEMS.

Ty Hi-Z HP-150s mkII hor.jpegIMG_20190420_130225.jpgOurart Ti7 pos 1.jpeg
1708188753009.png

1708188771255.png

print your own design :p

Feb 17, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #73,975 of 75,710
1708188753009.png

1708188771255.png

print your own design :p

Ty Hi-Z HP-150s mkII hor.jpeg

Problem is that that the outer shell of the driver the round part presses against this cartilage and becomes painful and uncomfortable. I will try more shell designs but im not sure if theres any solution to this other than using smaller driver size and smaller shells inorder to fit under that cartilage.
1708190754175.png

Feb 17, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #73,976 of 75,710
Problem is that that the outer shell of the driver the round part presses against this cartilage and becomes painful and uncomfortable. I will try more shell designs but im not sure if theres any solution to this other than using smaller driver size and smaller shells inorder to fit under that cartilage.1708190754175.png
Ear adaptation is probable other way.

Feb 17, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #73,977 of 75,710
Problem is that that the outer shell of the driver the round part presses against this cartilage and becomes painful and uncomfortable. I will try more shell designs but im not sure if theres any solution to this other than using smaller driver size and smaller shells inorder to fit under that cartilage.1708190754175.png
Here's some measurements I made and posted here a while back. The typical MX500 shell has the 2nd largest diameter in my measurements, then add the foam on top of that and it's too big and an uncomfortable fit for your ears. The FiiO FF3 and FF5 are slightly smaller. The Yincrow Calf / Rhino have pretty small diameter, but the king of small diameter is the PK shell coming in at 16.10mm.

The choice of earbuds using the PK shell is limited compared to MX500 shell, but one outstanding bud is the Shozy BK, slightly lower cost version is Shozy BKSE (SE = Special Edition).

Anyway, hope this is helpful.

Yincrow X6 (MX500 shell) - 16.80mmYincrow RW-3000 - 16.88mmYincrow RW-2000 - 16.88mmFiiO FF3 - 16.50mm
FiiO FF5 - 16.50mmYincrow Calf - 16.32mmYincrow Rhino - 16.32mmShozy BK (PK shell) - 16.10mm

Feb 17, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #73,978 of 75,710
I'd like to get a 16mm driver bud. Do they hit harder then the regular 15.44mm? I've read that they do. But you know , it's the Internets...

But the real reason I wanna get one is to try the bigger shell that holds it. I love the mx500 size, but I could take a bit bigger(I know I know).

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #73,980 of 75,710
These 300 ohm buds have been recommended by others in this thread for years.
And why is that? I've never owned a high impedance phone, and now I feel like I'm missing out on allot.

Is it cuz there's a lot of head room on the 300ohm's that shine more than say a 32ohm?

Like I said I think I'm missing out. So I think may next purchase(geez I got 4 flats coming now) will be the Qigom 300ohm White Lotus since his 32ohm build has been in my ears 95% of the time I'm listening to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back