I must say, V6 drives them splendidly!

Attachments

• IMG_20230714_150912~2.jpg
    IMG_20230714_150912~2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #70,761 of 75,859
Does the Wi-Fi work well in the V6?
It did for the short time I turned it on to download players and update the firmware. I do not stream music on V6, so no further experience.

Jul 14, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #70,762 of 75,859
Those 'enhancers' came with the buds, but you can still get them on ebay. Search for "Yurbuds", there's 2 sizes, 7 = large, 5 = medium. I think the one's in my pic are # 5's. Remember they were made to fit the Yurbuds buds. Maybe # 7's would fit MX500 size shells(?).
I cannot say that I have seen earbud condoms before...if you don't mind what is that and where did you get it from?

Cheers.

They also have size 4, 8 as far as I know. I'd say go with 4, or 5 unless you have huge ears!

I was looking for one couple years ago, and they directed me straight to the JBL official site, apparently Yurbuds were acquired by/with JBL. They called these enhancers, and might have different space within the sleeves depending on 'Series'. I was barely able to squeezed a Yuin shell into the cover, not the MX500. They could convert earbuds to more sporty or IEM oriented style, but that's about it. You can also find them from Amazon/eBay. The pages I visited from JBL site are either 'sold out' or 404'ed as of now

One of the aftermarket ones I bought was also a dust magnet, you know got those slight sticky texture on it, and comfort level is just meh, average at most.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #70,763 of 75,859
I crowdfunded Smabat more than a few times in the past, but its gonna be a hard pass until they release some products without the massive 3 kHz icepick.
Yes, it seems as though that boost has gotten worse with each iteration of a their M series. I hope for the same because their drivers are really good otherwise (IMHO).
Yes, I was one of those that pre-ordered them in ~ OCT/NOV 2014 after they announced the launch which didn't happen until 2015. Unfortunately, I did not like them. Fit was an issue; rolled off and boring bass; really forward midrange (shouty and in your face); and slightly bright upper mids and treble... so totally not my thing, LOL! I think it was partly due to being new dual hybrid driver technology though; not quite perfected and they rushed R&D and the launch, the result was a wonky sounding overall signature and timbre was off to me... I suspect they had known it too thus explaining the delayed launch of review models and actual products from when they announced the new unit. Sad, I really wanted it to be a successful model for Dunu (back in those days I was still into cursed' IEMs!).
Ah. I would have thought the same thing; however, I was actually used to the Sennheiser HD700, which had a similar "off" sound to them in the same area. That is one of the reasons that they were so polarizing when they were out. The difference was that the HD700 had some decent amount of bass. I have to admit that the Alpha 1 hurt my ears upon first listen because they were pretty shouty in the upper mids. But, as time went by, I could listen to them, and I found that they sounded really good with certain types of music.

They still don't get a ton of use, but they have their uses (much like the Maria II for me). Having said that, I am a big fan of all different tuning, though I do have a "go to". This is the biggest reason I have kept them, they don't sound like anything else I have. :) Thanks for sharing that story. :)
Please review the Svara-Smabat Timeline and let me know if anything is missing... I think I have captured all the known driver modules for the M4 but I may have missed one or two as there were a good number of them that came and went in 2022. Thank you.

Svara-Smabat
The M2s Pro came with the 40ti as you have listed, but there was also available the 32 bio, 40lcp, 100bio, and 150ti. I am not sure which of those were available with the modular buds before that though.

I think you got the M4 correct except I don't think the 40ti isn't/wasn't available for them, and eventually discontinued the 32bio (mini) drivers (IIRC).

2 more DIY jobs, a titanium and an LCP driver. The titanium one has promise but really I think I had it right the first time with the beryllium composite driver, feels like a far more neutral and "complete" sound
I applaud you for your crazy, yet innovative designs. I hope you hit the "gold" standard you are looking for. :)

Edited post to reflect that I think the 40ti driver was NOT available for the M4.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #70,764 of 75,859
Does the Wi-Fi work well in the V6?
I rarely use my V6 to stream music, but when i do, its wi-fi performs well. I have only streamed spotify until now and don't know how it turns out with deezer or tidal FLACs.
But i can give it a try when i get home

Jul 14, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #70,766 of 75,859

Master @WoodyLuvr can probably identify any earbud created in the last 50 years by just looking at it haha. Be it a generic PK or MX500 shape, no earbud will be unidentified with his astute eyes!

Actually, when I go to the malls or subways - it is hobby hazard - but I will check out what other people are using in their ears. 90% of the IEMs or buds are TWS stuff which don't interest me, but now and then I see some wired Shures, Sonys, Beats, quite a few KZ pokemon too.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #70,767 of 75,859
Jul 14, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #70,768 of 75,859
The M2s Pro came with the 40ti as you have listed, but there was also available the 32 bio, 40lcp, 100bio, and 150ti. I am not sure which of those were available with the modular buds before that though.

I think you got the M4 correct except I don't think the 40ti isn't/wasn't available for them, and eventually discontinued the 32bio (mini) drivers (IIRC).

Edited post to reflect that I think the 40ti driver was NOT available for the M4.
You are awesome! Thank you.

Completely forgot about the available modules for M2s Pro... I added all those. Your astute call out shook up the ole' gray matter and reminded me that the M2 Pro 2021 Version also used the same modules as the M2s Pro. I also added the three types of tuning dampers as well.

Regarding the M4 module drivers... you might recall the 40ΩTi (M2s Pro) driver was only available for a very short time for the M4 (pic here in a detailed M4 post from @mt877). It came and went in a blink of an eye.

I still need to have someone double check the listed tuning damper and driver modules that were available for M2 Pro, M0, and M3 Pro.

This is what I have thus far:

Smabat M2 Pro; 40Ω (1st Gen Modular Earbud w/ 2nd Gen Labyrinth-Maze Acoustics; two (2) tuning modules: type 0 and type 1)​
Smabat M0; 20ΩTi (1st Gen DIY Modular Earbud; three (3) tuning dampers: type-1, type-2, and type-3; other driver modules: 40ΩTi (M2s Pro) and 100ΩBio (Super One aka Super Point))​
Smabat M3 Pro; 150Ω (3rd Gen Modular Earbud w/ 3rd Gen Labyrinth-Maze Acoustics; ST10S Black-Gold 150ΩTi driver w/ two (2) tuning dampers: type 01 golden and type 02 black)​
Svara-Smabat

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #70,769 of 75,859
You are awesome! Thank you.

Completely forgot about the available modules for M2s Pro... I added all those. Your astute call out shook up the ole' gray matter and reminded me that the M2 Pro 2021 Version also used the same modules as the M2s Pro. I also added the three types of tuning dampers as well.

Regarding the M4 module drivers... you might recall the 40ΩTi (M2s Pro) driver was only available for a very short time for the M4 (pic here in a detailed M4 post from @mt877). It came and went in a blink of an eye.

I still need to have someone double check the listed tuning damper and driver modules that were available for M2 Pro, M0, and M3 Pro.

This is what I have thus far:

Smabat M2 Pro; 40Ω (1st Gen Modular Earbud w/ 2nd Gen Labyrinth-Maze Acoustics; two (2) tuning modules: type 0 and type 1)​
Smabat M0; 20ΩTi (1st Gen DIY Modular Earbud; three (3) tuning dampers: type-1, type-2, and type-3; other driver modules: 40ΩTi (M2s Pro) and 100ΩBio (Super One aka Super Point))​
Smabat M3 Pro; 150Ω (3rd Gen Modular Earbud w/ 3rd Gen Labyrinth-Maze Acoustics; ST10S Black-Gold 150ΩTi driver w/ two (2) tuning dampers: type 01 golden and type 02 black)​
Svara-Smabat
What are "labyrinth-maze acoustics"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back