Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 26, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #63,871 of 75,478
For someone who prefers tonality and timbre of instruments and voices over technicality (still prefer better techs but if it comes at the cost of tone and timbre, then no thanks), a decent amount of bass but not basshead levels. And for someone that listens to a ton of different genres - jazz, blues, indie, folk, rock, classical (orchestral and chamber), kpop, edm, etc.

Would the RW2000 ($122), FF3($76), or Longyao Yinman 600ohm ($108) be the best choice?

I own the Yinmans and the FF3s and I have listened to the RW-2000s quite a bit. Given my experience with all three of these earbuds, I think the FF3s are your best bet based on what you're looking for. They're a great pair of earbuds that can do all of the genres you mentioned very well. The FF3s really are an exceptionally versatile earbud bothe because they're great with a wide variety of music and because they can be driven by almost any source including just a smartphone. I don't think you can go wrong with the FF3s in your case.

Just my two cents...

Aug 26, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #63,872 of 75,478
I own the Yinmans and the FF3s and I have listened to the RW-2000s quite a bit. Given my experience with all three of these earbuds, I think the FF3s are your best bet based on what you're looking for. They're a great pair of earbuds that can do all of the genres you mentioned very well. The FF3s really are an exceptionally versatile earbud bothe because they're great with a wide variety of music and because they can be driven by almost any source including just a smartphone. I don't think you can go wrong with the FF3s in your case.

Just my two cents...
Eagerly waiting for your comparison with the Lancer Rider 1!

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #63,873 of 75,478
Eagerly waiting for your comparison with the Lancer!

I have the Rider 1 not the Lancers, but I am starting a review session for the VE Asura 3.0FE now because I promised @o0genesis0o I would post ny thoughts on them today. After I am done, I would be more than happy to do a little FF3 to Rider 1 comparison if you're interested.

Aug 26, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #63,875 of 75,478
I have the Rider 1 not the Lancers, but I am starting a review session for the VE Asura 3.0FE now because I promised @o0genesis0o I would post ny thoughts on them today. After I am done, I would be more than happy to do a little FF3 to Rider 1 comparison if you're interested.
Muchas gracias!

Aug 26, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #63,876 of 75,478
Just ordered the FF3 from Amazon - should be arriving tomorrow! Thanks for the input!

It'll be the perfect way to tide myself over because Lancer, Saber, and Serratus are all stuck in customs limbo :sob:
Wowow you went all out!! Those are some treasures sitting in customs!

Aug 26, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #63,877 of 75,478
Wowow you went all out!! Those are some treasures sitting in customs!
Haha yeah, I spent so much time and money trying to find the goldilocks IEM for myself and after trying 30+ IEMs, I finally found that sweet spot of price-to-performance with the EJ07M Kinda Lava - but along came Qian39 and X6, both costing about $10, get more listening time and basically provide the same if not more enjoyment for me personally.

I figured, if $10 buds can be this good, I might as well go big or go home (and the crazy thing is all four combined doesn't cost as much as the Kinda Lava)

Hopefully these four incoming buds can tide me over for a long while!

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #63,878 of 75,478
Aug 26, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #63,879 of 75,478
Haha yeah, I spent so much time and money trying to find the goldilocks IEM for myself and after trying 30+ IEMs, I finally found that sweet spot with the EJ07M Kinda Lava - but Qian39 and X6, both costing about $10 get more listening time and basically provide the same if not more enjoyment for me personally.

I figured, if $10 buds can be this good, I might as well go big or go home (and the crazy thing is all four combined doesn't cost as much as the Kinda Lava)

Hopefully these four incoming buds can tide me over for a long while!
Oh yeah man, those are some TOTL goodies coming your way. I know @nymz also finds it hard to pick IEMs over his Serratus / Tantalus 😅

Aug 26, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #63,883 of 75,478
(Grown-up) Kid in a candy store. Would have to be prepared to drop some ¥.
I generally spend an hour or two in there every time I go downtown. And I've dropped my share of ¥ xD.

Aug 26, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #63,884 of 75,478
I generally spend an hour or two in there every time I go downtown. And I've dropped my share of ¥ xD.
I would love to go to Akihabara now. Last time I was there, earbuds were free with your player of choice (or cheap portable headphones) and there were only a couple IEMs even made best I can remember. Portable headphones were still the rage and some nice ones were made, but things are at a whole other level now. The Yodobashi Camera that is like a 5 story electronics store had just been built claiming to be the largest in the world. I have no doubt that it was. I was really into home stereos at the time (now I’ve found my bliss in that department) and DIYing speakers. I can only imagine what’s there now. Must be even more of a nerd’s paradise.

Aug 26, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #63,885 of 75,478
I would love to go to Akihabara now. Last time I was there, earbuds were free with your player of choice (or cheap portable headphones) and there were only a couple IEMs even made best I can remember. Portable headphones were still the rage and some nice ones were made, but things are at a whole other level now. The Yodobashi Camera that is like a 5 story electronics store had just been built claiming to be the largest in the world. I have no doubt that it was. I was really into home stereos at the time (now I’ve found my bliss in that department) and DIYing speakers. I can only imagine what’s there now. Must be even more of a nerd’s paradise.
And people complain because DAPs are too big nowadays......

20220619_202226.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back