Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 22, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #57,886 of 75,354
Just noticed that its been almost 2 months since I got the LBBS and I havent bought any new buds since then....guess it might really be my endgame bud. :thinking:
I just received one and I agree, its quite good. I wont nitpick it since at $30 on sale, it's a bargain

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #57,887 of 75,354
I just received one and I agree, its quite good. I wont nitpick it since at $30 on sale, it's a bargain
30 usd is a damn steal for it.

Sep 22, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #57,889 of 75,354
I received my M2s Pro body and Super Point driver today. Coming from Faaeal Rosemary I can say it's very bright, more analytical and the stage is wider. Both are well driven from my Shanling UA2.
The trebble and sub bass are similar to my Tin T2 but in earbud form. Using full foam tamed the trebble and brought it a more enjoyable form. I can't experiment with donut foam as I don't have any now. In the coming days I will experiment with the tunning dampers as I ordered it too.

I don't know all the technical jargon to give a detailed review of what I hear but the differences between it and Rosemary were too stark to miss. I'm happy with it even though the whole set up costs more than 4 times the price of Rosemary.

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #57,891 of 75,354
Is the Bell LBs on AliExpress same as Bell LBBS? I can't seem to find the LBBS, if it's the same earbud, what is the difference between the Bell LB and LBs?
Im pretty sure LBs is same as LBBS. Maybe we've all just gotten used to calling it that? Little Bell bs (LBbs)?
I think its a tuning difference, havent tried LB.

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #57,892 of 75,354
Is the Bell LBs on AliExpress same as Bell LBBS? I can't seem to find the LBBS, if it's the same earbud, what is the difference between the Bell LB and LBs?
Yep, that's correct. As far as I can tell, it's a tuning difference, but the general consensus is that the LBs is leaps and bounds better than the LB.

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #57,894 of 75,354
LBBs (Little Black Bell S) is the upgraded version from the regular Little Black Bell models (Black with mic & White no mic).
LBBs has a better driver + cable, and is the best sounding one out of the three.

Yes, LBBs is being mostly listed as "BellLBs no mic" or "BellLBs Black no mic" on AE.
(except on Jietu store, which has listed it in its full name, "Little Black Bell S")

The easiest way to differentiate the LBBs is from the cable; it's the only model with a part braided nylon cable.

H08902a23febc495e888423ce4cd6fde6g.jpg

That and sound signature. The older LB/LBB is a warm, smooth but still detailed sound signature.

The LBBs is a more V-shaped signature that doesn't go too far in its upper mid/lower treble boost.

The LBBs is also available as 'white' with a plated cable or with mic which has a black cable sans the braiding. I bought the mic version last sale for about $25 iirc.

No audible or measurable difference in sound w/mic, when I checked it.

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #57,895 of 75,354
Is this Rose Technics' model the one previously called Maxim ?
Good catch! I didn't even know this model was falling so soon though no specs are provided and it appears to be pre-order (?). Strange that these are not showing up on Rose Technics official store on Taobao or on Penon... perhaps only a marketing feeler??? I also see they are playing with their name again: losing the "s" so now Rose Technic... dropping the "nics" entirely for ROSETECH which they have been playing around with for some time... and also introducing a completely new variation "Weak Water Technology". But all still using the same old logo. They did this before when they changed from Rose Technology to Rose Technics back in 2017 upon launching the Maysa and the Mojito "Red/Blue" Limited Edition maybe a name change is in the works again.

The Rose Martini is a different model, though most definitely playing on the same 'tuning pipe' design theme as the Maxim "referencing classic Japanese design elements"; price looks to be around USD$117. Looks to be a scaled, more mobile, version of the Maxim with shorter stem (tuning pipes).

The 'Maxim' Project is still in the works but it may be taking more of a flagship (higher tier) approach as per Rose's latest IG posts: IG post #1 and IG post #2. Also, 'Maxim' may only be the project name until the design and sound is finalized and a more fitting name is determined.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #57,896 of 75,354
I received my M2s Pro body and Super Point driver today. Coming from Faaeal Rosemary I can say it's very bright, more analytical and the stage is wider. Both are well driven from my Shanling UA2.
The trebble and sub bass are similar to my Tin T2 but in earbud form. Using full foam tamed the trebble and brought it a more enjoyable form. I can't experiment with donut foam as I don't have any now. In the coming days I will experiment with the tunning dampers as I ordered it too.

I don't know all the technical jargon to give a detailed review of what I hear but the differences between it and Rosemary were too stark to miss. I'm happy with it even though the whole set up costs more than 4 times the price of Rosemary.
Did the M2s pro shell come with any tuning net installed?

im glad your initial impressions was the same as mine though—very bright! The Type 1 filter is a must.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #57,898 of 75,354
Just noticed that its been almost 2 months since I got the LBBS and I havent bought any new buds since then....guess it might really be my endgame bud. :thinking:
Do not try Blur buds. Seriously, don’t do it. The LBBs are an insane value when on sale and a great value at full price. I’m using mine for my ‘beater’ set. The sound is great, the fit and comfort are great… I do find that they sound clearer with lower density foam covers, but they’re one of those buds that are so well balanced, they work well with whatever you slip on them.

Sep 23, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #57,899 of 75,354
By the way, I don't have the EP08. How do they compare to the EP09?

Thanks in advance!

-Clear
oh, i'm no good at reviewing though, from my simple hearing EP08 doesnt sound open enough like EP09, maybe because of only 1 hole/vent? but it sure blocks external sound tad better. I used it with bluetooth dongle mainly for that. For the build it has similar metal housing like EP09 but it dig/sharp in my ear because of tapered shape. EP09 is much better for comfort. But the issues easily remedied with foams, i used cheap silicon tip? and both of them is really comfy 😀

Attachments

• IMG20210923172921.jpg
    IMG20210923172921.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20210923173253.jpg
    IMG20210923173253.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20210923174606.jpg
    IMG20210923174606.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Sep 23, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #57,900 of 75,354
I got my LBBS here during the last sale for a little over 35 USD and I couldn't be happier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back