Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 20, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #57,287 of 75,335
So it's totally the same design wise? Down to the cable?

It shows that all the lbb have mic and lbbs don't?

I think LBBS is smaller than the others and has no mic!

For differences or pics, ask the gods themselves, they own both (@RikudouGoku and @WoodyLuvr)

Aug 20, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #57,288 of 75,335
Can you give me some numbers? Not sure how much you need them to go up or down...

(I will test it for you, just not a EQ god tho)
Thanks, something like this would be a good start point (if they have nice bass and treble, it would be less aggressive):
Schermafbeelding-2021-02-27-om-11.46-27-feb..jpg

Aug 20, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #57,289 of 75,335
Thanks, something like this would be a good start point (if they have nice bass and treble, it would be less aggressive):

Distortion at those levels.

But if you reduce it to lets say +5db max, it works, since M2S has a lot of bass already. Not sure if I'd advise it, but keep in mind this was done in 30s with 10 band EQ and not with PEQ, so YMMV. Also using 150ohm driver for that.

Lbbs did it just fine, think you might wanna check that one as well.

Aug 20, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #57,291 of 75,335
Distortion at those levels.

But if you reduce it to lets say +5db max, it works, since M2S has a lot of bass already. Not sure if I'd advise it, but keep in mind this was done in 30s with 10 band EQ and not with PEQ, so YMMV. Also using 150ohm driver for that.

Lbbs did it just fine, think you might wanna check that one as well.
Thanks for your help, LBBS added to my list.

Upps, sorry one more question... equalising both buds before they start distorting, which one would you say has more bass and treble?

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #57,292 of 75,335
Thanks for your help, LBBS added to my list.

Upps, sorry one more question... equalising both buds before they start distorting, which one would you say has more bass and treble?

First off all, let me link you LBBS review from @RikudouGoku. Here you can find a direct comparition of the LBBS vs M2S Pro.

Bass

M2S Pro has more bass without EQ, but LBBS can handle much more while EQ'd (max I can try is 20dbs, but Riku got it to +25).

Treble

LBBS treble is more extended and has better detail and clarity, but M2S is close.

EQ

LBBS handles EQing better, hands down.

Over the ear usage/Cable/Modular Drivers

Big selling point on M2S Pro for me is that you can use them over-ear if you want, with a cable that wish to. I'm using a cable that costs as much as the buds, but that's just because I owned it before and I don't own many mmcx cables, so I just grabed it and it looks good. Since they have ear-hooks, I used them as over-ear from the start with the 150ohm driver. This made me like M2S Pro more than LBBS at start because the sound is airy, cleaner, closer to an open back headphone.

One day, after talking to @RikudouGoku on his thread, I tried M2S Pro and yeah, it's a game changer. I prefer M2S Pro used over ear and with 150ohm driver, but when compared down vs down, I prefer LBBS no chance. I'm telling you this because if you want a V-Shape, I'll have to use them down, since over the ear will balance the sound (this is more to my liking be clearly the opposite of your preference).

If I was looking for your sound signature (Extreme V-Shape) and wanted to EQ it, I'd grab LBBS. M2S Pro would be my second bet, but I'd keep the stock driver since they sound more V-Shaped than the 150ohm driver to my ears, and use them down and not over-ear.

Conclusions

If it was today, I'd grab LBBS and be done with. They are now around 3rd of 4th on the list of my prefered buds. Just grab and go, no need to care about cables, drivers, etc, but I use them as beaters.

Hope this was helpful!

Aug 20, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #57,294 of 75,335
First off all, let me link you LBBS review from @RikudouGoku. Here you can find a direct comparition of the LBBS vs M2S Pro.

Bass

M2S Pro has more bass without EQ, but LBBS can handle much more while EQ'd (max I can try is 20dbs, but Riku got it to +25).

Treble

LBBS treble is more extended and has better detail and clarity, but M2S is close.

EQ

LBBS handles EQing better, hands down.

Over the ear usage/Cable/Modular Drivers

Big selling point on M2S Pro for me is that you can use them over-ear if you want, with a cable that wish to. I'm using a cable that costs as much as the buds, but that's just because I owned it before and I don't own many mmcx cables, so I just grabed it and it looks good. Since they have ear-hooks, I used them as over-ear from the start with the 150ohm driver. This made me like M2S Pro more than LBBS at start because the sound is airy, cleaner, closer to an open back headphone.

One day, after talking to @RikudouGoku on his thread, I tried M2S Pro and yeah, it's a game changer. I prefer M2S Pro used over ear and with 150ohm driver, but when compared down vs down, I prefer LBBS no chance. I'm telling you this because if you want a V-Shape, I'll have to use them down, since over the ear will balance the sound (this is more to my liking be clearly the opposite of your preference).

If I was looking for your sound signature (Extreme V-Shape) and wanted to EQ it, I'd grab LBBS. M2S Pro would be my second bet, but I'd keep the stock driver since they sound more V-Shaped than the 150ohm driver to my ears, and use them down and not over-ear.

Conclusions

If it was today, I'd grab LBBS and be done with. They are now around 3rd of 4th on the list of my prefered buds. Just grab and go, no need to care about cables, drivers, etc, but I use them as beaters.

Hope this was helpful!
Lots of thanks, really, really helpful!!!

Aug 20, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #57,296 of 75,335
Hey guys any thoughts on **** pt2021 365ohm version ? Is it sound better than LBBS ?
Very detailed; tad on the bright side and a bit analytical; nonetheless a very good earbud. Hard to compare to the LBBS just a different sound signature and one that punches well above it's price.

Aug 20, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #57,297 of 75,335
Keep in mind, that was USD I quoted you earlier... That would be 118 euro for the RW2000. And, now that you mentioned sleeping in them, I also find them (amongst my collection) to be the best to sleep in. I am neither irritated having them in, nor do they touch the pillow putting extra pressure, being so small and light (I am a side sleeper BTW). But, even should you decide a different route, it almost sounds like you will like the shell type that these, and that the Smabats are because there are no stems to put any pressure on your ear lobes while sleeping.

Also because you will be using them in bed mostly, you might consider the cable being detachable as a must, so it is replaceable in the future.... The RW2000, and all of the Smabats have this feature also. There are cheaper options with this feature also, but I just cannot speak to the sound that they reproduce.
Unfortunately due to the exchange rates Aliexpress uses and the changes in VAT a couple of months ago, the RW2000 comes down to 158 euro for me, or 147 on the sale that's about to happen :sweat:.
You make a good case for them, but I'm still hesitant to drop that kind of money on aliexpress. Half of it is that I won't have much fallback if they're defective or if I just plain don't like them, especially for something I'm mostly buying blind. I didn't mind spending 130 euro for the HD555's about 10 years ago (jesus, time really flies), but then I got to try them out beforehand and I could go back to the store for warranty and such. The other half is also that I'm trying to really keep myself from dropping too much money on this hobby. It's an easy rabbit hole to fall into with a lot of toll posts while you're falling, and corona hasn't exactly been great for the finances.

You're right about the detachable cable as well though, that does seem like a very neat feature. Buy one good cable and use them with different buds, easier to replace if it gets damaged when sleeping. That's why I was originally leaning towards the Smabat M0 shell with the 40ohm drivers, or even go for the M2S style shell for more bass. Reading some of @RikudouGoku's reviews, the LBBS and Yincrow X6 also seem like fun and bang-for-your-buck earbuds, but they've got fixed cables.

I feel like I'm somehow going to end up going full DIY at this rate if I want to get what I want :sweat_smile:

Aug 20, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #57,298 of 75,335
Very detailed; tad on the bright side and a bit analytical; nonetheless a very good earbud. Hard to compare to the LBBS just a different sound signature and one that punches well above it's price.
alright noted thanks ohya one more question how about the comfort? Is it better than normal mx500 type shell or basically feel the same when wear it ?

Aug 20, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #57,299 of 75,335
alright noted thanks ohya one more question how about the comfort? Is it better than normal mx500 type shell or basically feel the same when wear it ?
To me they are very similar to MX500 in comfort level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back