Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 16, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #56,251 of 75,568
Glad you did, because I very nearly passed on them, but because of your(s) (and others) review I said what the heck. :wink:
Enjoy them for sure. :thumbsup:

Jul 16, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #56,252 of 75,568
Did you try the glue :joy: Just kidding. They have similar problem like Datura Pro.
If the silicone ring is not a problem due to the slightly increased diameter, then you can use foam with it. Then surely the foam will not slip.
Another solution. You can stick in these four places a small piece or medical tape (textile texture on the upper side creates friction) or double-sided adhesive tape, but this is not ideal.

1626479321902.png

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #56,253 of 75,568
Did you try the glue :joy: Just kidding. They have similar problem like Datura Pro.
If the silicone ring is not a problem due to the slightly increased diameter, then you can use foam with it. Then surely the foam will not slip
LOL I have some silicones on the way, because I could tell by the pics that they might be an issue trying to get the foams on that all polished metal dome.. I normally prefer foam-less anyhow and I thought the silicone would help hold them in place. Ironically, they don't hold too badly in my medium-small ears without anything (though I haven't tried actually moving around yet lol).

Jul 16, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #56,254 of 75,568
IMG_20210716_172617.jpg

Well, folks, my journey officially begins!

Jul 16, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #56,256 of 75,568
Since I got mine today, I would laugh if we both got our Smabats on the same day also.
Knowing our luck, I wouldn't be surprised. It averages out, right?

PXL_20210717_013158592.jpg

The last time I heard staging and space like this, I had on a set of Ether Flow Closed. Are you sure these are $10?

Obv no real subbass to speak of, but man I love how weightless they are in the ears. Granted, this isn't the only genre I listen to. Acoustic stuff is much more pleasant.

Will definitely have to get used to fit, though. IEMs are so foreign, in comparison.

Jul 16, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #56,257 of 75,568
Knowing our luck, I wouldn't be surprised. It averages out, right?

PXL_20210717_013158592.jpg
The last time I heard staging and space like this, I had on a set of Ether Flow Closed. Are you sure these are $10?

Obv no real subbass to speak of, but man I love how weightless they are in the ears. Granted, this isn't the only genre I listen to. Acoustic stuff is much more pleasant.

Will definitely have to get used to fit, though. IEMs are so foreign, in comparison.
No words have been more true! LOL

It will get better. Wait till that one song comes along that just hits you and you look around, swearing someone else made that noise... I honestly think that these little buds an compete with the famous HD800 for soundstaging (depending on the pair you get, but they are all good in that regard compared to IEMs).

Now that you have those buds, check out that song I sent you from Tesla. It has some REALLY separated things happening to my ears.

Is the cable 3.5mm SE? Was just curious because I chose to have 2.5mm for my buds. I have the litz 2.5mm to 3.5mm SE adaptor that came with my IT07 that I can use on anything that doesn't have 2.5mm balanced.

Jul 16, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #56,258 of 75,568
Is the cable 3.5mm SE? Was just curious because I chose to have 2.5mm for my buds. I have the litz 2.5mm to 3.5mm SE adaptor that came with my IT07 that I can use on anything that doesn't have 2.5mm balanced.
Yep. Guess that's Amazon's default config. I think your DX300 will be up to the task, though, even in SE.

Jul 16, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #56,259 of 75,568
No words have been more true! LOL

It will get better. Wait till that one song comes along that just hits you and you look around, swearing someone else made that noise... I honestly think that these little buds an compete with the famous HD800 for soundstaging (depending on the pair you get, but they are all good in that regard compared to IEMs).

Now that you have those buds, check out that song I sent you from Tesla. It has some REALLY separated things happening to my ears.

Are you maybe talking about TG-38s? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: This happens every time after two year of using it, and they trick me every time.
They are sneaky little bastards :wink:

Jul 16, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #56,260 of 75,568
Are you maybe talking about TG-38s? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: This happens every time after two year of using it, and they trick me every time.
They are sneaky little bastards :wink:
Now, see, I love that they can still do that after two years. :beerchug: to sneaky lil' bastards....

Jul 16, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #56,261 of 75,568
There is really only one thing that I don't like about them so far. It took me over an hour, and ruined 3 pads trying to get the super slippery suckers on the buds... LOL
LOL I have some silicones on the way, because I could tell by the pics that they might be an issue trying to get the foams on that all polished metal dome.. I normally prefer foam-less anyhow and I thought the silicone would help hold them in place. Ironically, they don't hold too badly in my medium-small ears without anything (though I haven't tried actually moving around yet lol).
Indeed! Metal shells are notorious for this but with practice and time one will acquire the required nimble-finger survival skill and will eventually become a breeze! Stretching them out first on an easier bud helps. But really it is but a simple finger exercise that you will learn.

Case in point, after my lil'Siamese wife recently relieved me of my Turandots (under great duress mind you; she is vicious) I was actually banking on (hoping) having them returned when she couldn't figure out the intricate dance required to replace the foams. The Turandots are probably one of the slipperiest shells out there but no such luck! She had that figured out in no time accompanied with a satisfied s@#$-eating grin on her face to boot! I will never see those beautiful earbuds again.............

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #56,262 of 75,568
Indeed! Metal shells are notorious for this but with practice and time one will acquire the required nimble-finger survival skill and will eventually become a breeze! Stretching them out first on an easier bud helps. But really it is simple a finger exercise that you will learn.

Case in point, after my lil'Siamese wife recently relieved me of my Turandots (under great duress mind you; she is vicious) I was actually banking on (hoping) having them returned when she couldn't figure out the intricate dance required to replace the foams. The Turandots are probably one of the slipperiest shells out there but no such luck! She had that figured out in no time accompanied with a satisfied crap-eating grin on her face to boot! I will never see those beautiful earbuds again.............
Funny you should mention that; after fumbling with them for a while (I got one on, then ruined 3 pads trying the other), my wife took them for about 3 minutes, and had it on flawlessly.... sheesh! :dancer:

Shame you lost those though, counting on her failing... Sorry to hear that you lost them, but I am sure she is happy as a lark?!

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #56,263 of 75,568
Hi guys, I have a smabat st10 with some random cut off issues on the mmcx.
May I know if this is the famous issue with the first batch of the mmcx?
Also, is it the earphone's connector issue or the cable issue? Will this issue be fixed if i change the cable? I don't have a spare mmcx cable, will proceed to order one if it can be fixed with a change of cable.

Thanks.

Jul 17, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #56,264 of 75,568
Also, is it the earphone's connector issue or the cable issue? Will this issue be fixed if i change the cable? I don't have a spare mmcx cable, will proceed to order one if it can be fixed with a change of cable.

Thanks.
Have you checked if it's the plug? Sent a pair of buds back lately for repair after a similar problem developed, thought it was the cable but maker said it turned out to be the plug! HTH

Jul 17, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #56,265 of 75,568

Thanks.
I also have a green first generation Smabat ST-10 that I sent back for repair due to faulty contact in the mmcx section.
I had lost the stock mmcx cable and I knew it was the jack side that was faulty because I swapped the left and right mmcx plugs and only the same jack side had faulty contact.
So I had the two green shells replaced by Smabat through the shop where I bought them.

What about your case?
If you don't know whether it's the plug or jack side of the mmcx that's faulty, it's best to send both the shell and the cable to the place of purchase and have them replace the bad part with Smabat.

The problem with the first green SmabatST-10 mmcx is well known, and since both its jack and plug of mmcx are fragile, both the shell and the cable will probably be replaced.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back