Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 6, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #53,282 of 75,478
Thank you all! Will look into reviews for the RW-2000. Is the X6 a warm sounding earbud though? While it has plenty of bass, to my ears it still sound clear and not veiled. This is why I love the X6.
I have the RW-2000 on the way. Might get it this week.

Love the x6 as well and definitely hope the RW-2000 is the upgrade to it while keeping the x6's charms.

Apr 6, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #53,285 of 75,478
Hi, anyone can suggest me annuograde to my current Openheart earbuds.
Im leaning toward Toneking TO400s, Hessian Ansata pro (looks like ISN Rambo II) or Toneking Dendroaspis.
Looking for big soundstage and imaging, great details and mid, balanced bass.
Price below 100€.

thanks!

Apr 6, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #53,287 of 75,478
Literally just got my Yincrow X6's in the mail like 30 minutes ago. First impressions: holy crap. These are ten bucks? And that bass! How?!

Really sucks that these don't have detachable cables. Already considering ordering a couple of extra pairs.

I'll have to try the donut looking cushions next. I'm listening with the "closed" cushions right now and I feel like there's a bit of a veil over the mids with these, like some male vocals sound just a bit too distant, for example, which is taking away from the enjoyment a bit. But the bass is too damn fun.

edit: listening on my iPhone 11 Pro. Finding myself going all the way up to 50% volume even at home, which sounds a bit high, or is that just me? I don't usually listen to music very loud, I think.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #53,288 of 75,478
Hi, anyone can suggest me annuograde to my current Openheart earbuds.
Im leaning toward Toneking TO400s, Hessian Ansata pro (looks like ISN Rambo II) or Toneking Dendroaspis.
Looking for big soundstage and imaging, great details and mid, balanced bass.
Price below 100€.

thanks!
The Toneking TO400 and Toneking Dendroaspis seem to have slightly less bass, see below for a review.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/toneking-to400s.23345/reviews
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/toneking-dendroaspis-viridis.24788/reviews

I can't find any reviews on the Hessian Ansata pro as it is too new product.

The one I own and recommend is the Yincrow RW-2000. This is said to have upwardly compatible sound with the Openheart OH860, and this sells for less than 100€ during cheap sales piriod.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #53,289 of 75,478
listening on my iPhone 11 Pro. Finding myself going all the way up to 50% volume even at home, which sounds a bit high, or is that just me? I don't usually listen to music very loud, I think.

If you are coming over from IEMs, then the lack of isolation with earbuds might make you want to increase the volume.

Apr 6, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #53,290 of 75,478
Apr 6, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #53,291 of 75,478
The Toneking TO400 and Toneking Dendroaspis seem to have slightly less bass, see below for a review.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/toneking-to400s.23345/reviews
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/toneking-dendroaspis-viridis.24788/reviews

I can't find any reviews on the Hessian Ansata pro as it is too new.

The one I own and recommend is the Yincrow RW-2000. This is said to have upwardly compatible sound with the Openheart OH860, and it sells for less than 100€ during cheap sales.
Thanks! RW2000 are over my bdg. Openhearts i paid 10€. Id like to upgrade within 100€.

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #53,293 of 75,478
Let the GF listen to the X6's for a bit and now I'm ordering her a pair too lol

I'm gonna have to listen to them a bit more later in bed (bed listening was the primary reason I wanted comfortable and easy-to-drive earbuds), but right now I'm just sort of genuinely shocked how much I'm enjoying these. Some punk and female vocal stuff could have sounded better going by the ~hour of listening I've done, but nothing sounds bad with these.

Apr 6, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #53,294 of 75,478
Thanks, cant see review, it ask to sign up...
Seeing you own ST-10s Gold, Dendroaspis Viridis. Whats your opinion on these?
I'm able to see all reviews without an account. Just using Chrome built-in translator to understand Chinese.

ST-10s Gold and Dendroaspis Viridis are very different sounding.

The former's sound signature is bass-focused and energetic with great note weight. It's a bass monster with some one of the best subbass I've heard across earbuds/iems/headphones, period. It needs a decent amp to shine. With tube amp, it sounds unbelievable. Tubes help to smooth out the high-mids peak as well. Mids are generally well-conveyed, not recessed, but vocals don't have that silky smoothness. Good extension on treble, it's a bit raw but has nice sparkle.

The latter is mids-focused and laid-back. It sounds warm with appetizing mids. Vocals sound really good, not the best I've heard in earbuds but really good still. Bass is quite weak, but it EQs well to +5db on bass frequencies without distortion- bass levels are still nowhere close to ST-10s Gold levels though. Treble is also well extended but smoothed. Viridis doesn't need a powerful source to sound good.

Apr 6, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #53,295 of 75,478
Thanks, cant see review, it ask to sign up...
You can see the Ansata Pro reviews in the comments TAB on the following page.
item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=635481931567

And if the Yincrow RW-2000 is too expensive and you want to buy earbuds now for less than 100€, I also recommend the Yincrow RW-1000 bass pro, which is one version before the RW-2000.

If you don't need MMCX, I also recommend the ShoonTH ESEP-01BL.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=635481931567

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back