Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 8, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #52,786 of 75,203
Concur completely regarding the Ks bell shell shape and sizing. I have had my Ksearphone Bell-Ti 120Ω (No. 831/1000) earbuds now for over two weeks and I am beyond pleased with them; truly amazing. They are even more ear friendly than my 600Ω Puresounds!

It is one of those moments that make me rediscover the earbud hobby. If I had gone with the bell series earlier I might have saved even more money.

Anyway the fit is really fool proof for these, as they have almost no stem and they disappear into the ear. Their choice of cable and and hardware materials are light and manageable hence not causing any tugging, unlike the Sun Dice.

They sort of also have a bit of that magical "reverb" sound that the Liebesleid makes, which is surprising.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #52,792 of 75,203
BTW, RW-2000 has also just been delivered. Just that I have not unbox it as I'm still enjoying the LBBS. :)

I'd like to ask about the sound comparison between LBBS and RW-2000. :L3000:
Please give your "unboxed" impressions first so we may then compare to your later impressions after opening and listening to them... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mar 8, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #52,794 of 75,203
Is $320 a good price for Bell Blue? Can never tell with the AE "discounts" :laughing:

Mar 8, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #52,795 of 75,203
Mar 8, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #52,796 of 75,203
Not the best with sound descriptions, but here are my brief initial impressions:

RW-2000
+ TOTL type of tuning for sound signature
+ Smoother overall presentation (nothing harsh or standing out thus suited for prolonged listening)
+ Faster & tighter bass (energetic low end)
+ Easier to drive because of lower impedance (SE3.5 is more than sufficient)
- Fit loses out to the LBBS
- Can sound less engaging than the LBBS due to flatter signature
- Price is a lot higher (but fitting of TOTL status)

K's LBBS
+ Great tonality (sounds more correct or natural to my ears?)
+ Signature seems more V-shaped (guess that was what K's were after with this model)
+ Presentation is livelier and more dimensional (not that they are more detailed, but more 3D sounding)
+ Fit is possibly the best of all earbud styles
+ Higher price to performance ratio
- Does not sound as "full" as RW-2000 (because V-shaped)
- Low end is good but not as pronounced as RW-2000

Conclusion:
RW-2000 is the better earbuds with a fuller with more upfront and energetic presentation. LBBS more natural and less throwing everything "in your face". You can feel the thickness of the sound of the RW-2000 which makes the LBBS thinner sounding. In this case the LBBS is more airy and layered but definitely less detailed.

The RW-2000 is technically more capable, but a more refined version of the LBBS will be more to my tastes. I'm thinking Blue Bell or Bell-Ti 120ohms, if the previous posts or mentions on the internet are accurate.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #52,797 of 75,203
@palestofwhite

Thanks for sharing!
I'm trying to convince myself that I need a RW2000 ...

If you had to keep just one, would it be LBBS?

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #52,798 of 75,203
@palestofwhite

Thanks for sharing!
I'm trying to convince myself that I need a RW2000 ...

If you had to keep just one, would it be LBBS?
If I have to choose between the two, I will take the RW-2000.

But if I can do it all over again, I might go straight for the Blue Bell.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #52,800 of 75,203
Anyone wanting to try bell shaped earbuds should definitely pick up a pair of K's LBBS.

I did not have high expectations and was totally not expecting them to be so "full sounding" as these shells are so miniscule compared to my favorite MX500 type. Definitely better than the PK earbuds as these have better low ends. These do BOTH comfort and sound.

I will be looking forward to the day I get the or 120ohm titanium or blue bells. I believe these are the right direction for me.
well, each ear is a world ... For me it is not like that, in LBBs there is a frequency range between subass to bass that I lack and the voices and some instruments are metallic. In the case of the adjustment, PK suits me better and its tonality seems much more natural.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back