Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 6, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #52,756 of 75,467
Thanks for measuring :)
Would be interesting to have also the thickness of the «ring» part.
The thickness of the ring part of rw-2000 is about 2.5mm, and the same as st-10.
The diameter of the housing of the st-10 is 16.7mm, as measured this time.:dt880smile:

Attachments

• yincrow rw-2000 vs smabat st-10.jpg
    yincrow rw-2000 vs smabat st-10.jpg
    717.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #52,757 of 75,467
Thanks
For Me-80 : housing 17mm, thickness of ring part 6,5mm

Mar 6, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #52,759 of 75,467
I thought you found your end-game pair and left this thread for good :wink:
Ha ha, I’m not too far off, to be honest, I’m so happy with what I have!

And by changing the cable of the Smabat M2 Pro just before selling them, I discovered that the original cable was causing them to pop out of my ears every time!

So I’m using the JCally EP05 with them, as it’s quite thin and doesn’t have earhooks and BAM!, Smabat M2 Pro is now one of my favorites buds! :L3000:

So detailed for a pair of earbuds it’s not even funny, they are incredible!
It’s quite like if I did buy a new pair of earbuds, just that I have them since quite some time now... :wink:

One thing is certain, they aren’t going anywhere!

Anyway, back to work, hopefully I’ll have more time to muse around in the near future, even if my collection is now "set", you always want to try something new, just to see... :ksc75smile:

Mar 6, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #52,760 of 75,467
Mar 6, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #52,761 of 75,467
Why are they so beautiful? Just imagine if there were wooden PK shells, it would look amazing for sure :beerchug:
His finish work has always been top notch but he has really refined his brand as of late... the copper splitter that he uses now being a perfect example.

Here are my 2018 Blurs... a custom-tuned pair of Beautiful Witch 美魔女 300Ω earbuds.
1615055490924.png

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #52,762 of 75,467
I need to see enough reviews before even considering it as an option. I bought the EP05, and in my opinion it's not a good buy, even considering the low price. For me, the RY4S Plus is much better. The sound is extremely in your face, and soundstage is much narrower. Face to face, the RY4S could seem as more laid back, but it's only that it has a more spacious presentation, more air between instruments and, globally, a more refined sound, where even the bass is miles ahead, in quantity and quality.

I also gave the EP05 the benefit of 50 hours of burn-in (not particularly a believer but, given that it's free...) and nothing changed, it is what it is.

In the (I hope) near future, I have high expectations in M3 being what M2 Pro finally wasn't.
That shows again we all ear things differently!

Although I don’t have the RY4S to compare I liked the sound quality of EP05 and I even bought the entire line of JCally products at that time! (I’ve seen that there are two new models since then, didn’t ear them...)

Admitedly I even prefer the sound quality of EP01 (the $2 buds!) or JC10 but I still quite like EP05 sound, even if it’s probably a niche in earbuds sound.

Anyway I hope it wasn’t my influence that led you to buy them, I hate to be of bad advice!... :slight_frown:

Fortunately they sell for only $14 so it’s not that a big deal.
And the MMCX cable they come with is now used on my Smabat M2 Pro without problem, I might have been lucky with their QC! :sweat_smile:

Mar 6, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #52,763 of 75,467
Ha ha, I’m not too far off, to be honest, I’m so happy with what I have!

And by changing the cable of the Smabat M2 Pro just before selling them, I discovered that the original cable was causing them to pop out of my ears every time!

So I’m using the JCally EP05 with them, as it’s quite thin and doesn’t have earhooks and BAM!, Smabat M2 Pro is now one of my favorites buds! :L3000:

So detailed for a pair of earbuds it’s not even funny, they are incredible!
It’s quite like if I did buy a new pair of earbuds, just that I have them since quite some time now... :wink:

One thing is certain, they aren’t going anywhere!

Anyway, back to work, hopefully I’ll have more time to muse around in the near future, even if my collection is now "set", you always want to try something new, just to see... :ksc75smile:
I'm glad that you find pairs that you like.
You're right, sometimes "earhook" cables aren't the best solution, of course it depends on the shell of the earbuds. In these cases I often use this cable because it is very soft and flexible

Mar 6, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #52,764 of 75,467
I'm glad that you find pairs that you like.
You're right, sometimes "earhook" cables aren't the best solution, of course it depends on the shell of the earbuds. In these cases I often use this cable because it is very soft and flexible
Thanks for the link, I’ll keep them in mind if I want to buy another cable! :thumbsup:

Mar 6, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #52,765 of 75,467
His finish work has always been top notch but he has really refined his brand as of late... the copper splitter that he uses now being a perfect example.

Here are my 2018 Blurs
Hmmm... looks ok but what about additional weight. Aluminum wire maybe will be good replacement or any simple tube.
I recently bought these small beads as a replacement for a splitter
123.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #52,766 of 75,467
Llevo unos días con mis nuevos cogollos DIY pk1 y pk2 que [USER = 525994] [USER = 525994] @furyossa [/ USER] [/ USER] me recomendó, a quien estoy muy agradecido.

Ha sido mucho más de lo esperado, además de ser muy bonito (para mi gusto claro). Cuando digo mucho más de lo esperado, me refiero a que hoy es el sonido que estaba buscando para mi conjunto de brotes, con pk1.

No esperaba encontrarlo tan rápido o tan barato (por supuesto, compré un segundo par ... quiero tener este sonido durante mucho tiempo).

Aún así, me quedo en este hilo, es genial.
01.jpg
02.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #52,767 of 75,467
Llevo unos días con mis nuevos cogollos DIY pk1 y pk2 que [USER = 525994] [USER = 525994] @furyossa [/ USER] [/ USER] me recomendó, a quien estoy muy agradecido.

Ha sido mucho más de lo esperado, además de ser muy bonito (para mi gusto claro). Cuando digo mucho más de lo esperado, me refiero a que hoy es el sonido que estaba buscando para mi conjunto de brotes, con pk1.

No esperaba encontrarlo tan rápido o tan barato (por supuesto, compré un segundo par ... quiero tener este sonido durante mucho tiempo).

Aún así, me quedo en este hilo, es genial.
Haven't you forgotten something? :thinking: I will love to learn Spanish but right now I will love translation :wink:
BTW... nice collection of cables you have there :beerchug:

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #52,768 of 75,467
Of course !!!! Spanish is the ideal language so that the translator never interprets what you really want to say!

That these buds are so good does not mean that I am not around here, giving my opinion (little, due to my little experience in buds), but always seeing what is being tested. Although it will cost me more to pull the trigger, surely something else I try.

Mar 6, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #52,769 of 75,467
I forgot who suggested double foaming, though I finally decided to give it a shot on my Smabat ST10s Gold. It found that the increased seal really helps run these at lower gain, allowing for some more bass as well as more noticeable mids. I'm definitely happier with how sound as now I can get vocals at a loudness where I don't have to worry about the treble spike. The additional warmness is a little less then optimal, but at least it sounds less peaky now.

Also for anyone struggling with donuts, I found it helpful to pre-stretch then pull the entire thing over the bud. Then slowly pull it over the rim of the bud before using my nails to pull out the surrounding rim.

Mar 6, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #52,770 of 75,467
And if someone could do the same two measurements for smabat St-10... :)

Search seems to have issues with older posts on this new software. Here's the measurements I've taken.

Yuin/PK shell: 16.1mm (original type)
K's LB 16.3mm
DIY PK shell: 16.7mm (new type, ie: B40)
MX500 shell: 16.8mm
BK2: 16.8mm (@jogawag's is 16.5mm, different batch???)
PT15: 16.35mm (18.3mm wide/thick)
PT25: 16.0mm x 17.0mm (at widest angle, directly across opening is 16.7mm, approx. 15mm wide/thick).
ACG (& Ti7): 15.75mm (5.35mm rim width, overall 15.45mm wide/thick).
EBX 15.9mm (17.70mm wide/thick)
Smabat ST-10: 16.8mm (16.60mm wide/thick)
Smabat M1 Pro: 16.1mm

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back