Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 11, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #49,201 of 75,235
I decided to listen to my Penon Bs1 official today. And I still don't get the praise that it got. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent earbud, detail is there, as is good soundstage, but I found the bass to be severely lacking. And this is coming from someone who doesn't mind weak bass. Some of you might call me crazy haha, but I prefer the Monk plus and Toneking Tp16 to the Penon Bs1 official. I also like the Ubiquo Es903 better than the Penon bs1 official. Am I missing something here? Or maybe the bs1 official is not really for me?
You are not the only one, for me BS-1 was boring and I sold them. I also like a little more lows. For some, my friends who like metal BS-1 have sharp high frequencies.

Sep 11, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #49,202 of 75,235
This is my most favorite earbuds I've ever listened to, consisting of the Docomo earbuds MMCX head and the same MMCX cable (balanced version) as the Shozy BK.
The Docomo earbuds driver is also known as the original untuned version of the driver used in the Shozy BK and Shozy Cygnus.
I like the untuned Docomo earbuds driver better than the Shozy BK's, as it has more treble definition.
I know that about driver I had Docomo, I didn't like Docomo, Shozy BK sounds like tuned Docomo for me, I like Shozy more. It sounds much better to me.
1.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #49,203 of 75,235
My Faaeal Iris Commemorative Edition showed up today. Gotta say these are impressive for $7. Neutral-bright tuning with usual subbass rolloff, slightly above average resolution, average soundstage/imaging. Timbre is good but comes in very thin.

What impresses me most is the bright-ish tuning, which is rare to find in earbuds. Treble on this is pretty competent. Still sounds thin though, like most cheap buds.

Sep 11, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #49,204 of 75,235
I know that about driver I had Docomo, I didn't like Docomo, Shozy BK sounds like tuned Docomo for me, I like Shozy more. It sounds much better to me.
1.jpg
For those of you who prefer a warm sound, I can see why you prefer the Shozy BK sound.

But what is the earbuds in the attached picture? it just looks like replacing the Shozy Cygnus cables with copper cables...
If you prefer the Shozy BK sound, why don't you attach a picture of the Shozy BK?

By the way, was the Docomo you used to have a true Docomo with a 4pole plug?
It's not like the Docomo copy of Cresyn that was discussed the other day, is it?

Sep 11, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #49,205 of 75,235
Sep 11, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #49,207 of 75,235
Sep 11, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #49,208 of 75,235
The Ksearphone Nameless came in today, the earbuds someone surmised could be excess oem inventory.

These are excellent. I grabbed the package on the way out of the house, so I'll sit down and give them a listen later. Quick impressions are:
- really good tuning out of the box
- strong bass but doesn't bleed into the mids too badly.
- minor lower mid bloat, but really not much
- highs have good detail retrieval and extension.
- mids are on the warm side but not overly so because of the excellent treble.
- cable is cheap but has low memory retention, so I appreciate that.

first thing that came to mind is these are similar to the rw-9 but with better mids.

Best buds under $10 for me, by far

Sep 11, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #49,209 of 75,235
I promised myself to not buy any more IEMS for a while but I didnt say anything about earbuds so I ordered these:

Ksearphone Nameless
Yincrow X6
Ksearphone Bell-LB
NiceHCK B40

:joy:

just got the kseaphone nameless. You will be pleasantly surprised at how good they are for $9

Sep 11, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #49,210 of 75,235
The Ksearphone Nameless came in today, the earbuds someone surmised could be excess oem inventory.

These are excellent. I grabbed the package on the way out of the house, so I'll sit down and give them a listen later. Quick impressions are:
- really good tuning out of the box
- strong bass but doesn't bleed into the mids too badly.
- minor lower mid bloat, but really not much
- highs have good detail retrieval and extension.
- mids are on the warm side but not overly so because of the excellent treble.
- cable is cheap but has low memory retention, so I appreciate that.

first thing that came to mind is these are similar to the rw-9 but with better mids.

Best buds under $10 for me, by far
wow, sounds like I won the lottery then. :joy:

Thanks for the impressions, now you made me very interested in getting them. :thumbsup:

Sep 11, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #49,211 of 75,235
Sep 11, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #49,212 of 75,235
I got too, nice budget buds, need compare to k's 32 and qian25
Ummm. Don't tempt me please. :)

What do you consider to be the top 3 buds under $10?

Sep 11, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #49,213 of 75,235
Sep 11, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #49,214 of 75,235
Sep 11, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #49,215 of 75,235
Ummm. Don't tempt me please. :)

What do you consider to be the top 3 buds under $10?
Need to think, RY4S Plus MMCX version will be on this top

Users who are viewing this thread

Back