Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 30, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #49,021 of 75,149
Nobody asked for this, but just wanted to share my impressions of the white Vido:
- Extremely warm, borderline dark.
- This thing sounds thicc, bloomy. Bass is neither precise nor fast, just decent. It is punchy, but what is there sounds loose.
- Too much emphasis in the bass region & lower mids? Kinda muddy-sounding listening to Glitch Mob & Alesso. Doesn't fare well with electronic music? However, it does sound alright with synthwave and chillwave (Makeup And Vanity Set & Asthenic's playlist on Youtube Music). Probably due to the lo-fi overall feel of synthwave & chillwave.
- Vocals sound good and better than expected, not honky or anything (Johnnyswim, Ella Fitzgerald, Pearl Jam, Little Big Town, The Strokes & Better Than Ezra). Clearly the white Vido's strongest characteristic. But the vocals sometimes sound further away and not that engaging or upfront. Celtic string instruments and most other instruments sound as they should. Upper mids may be lacking due to percussive instruments not having that 'bite' and strong attack (Florence + The Machine).
- Treble is recessed. Far from detailed.
- In spite of all the above, the white Vido somehow manages to sound lively and musical with good energy and presence throughout. I found myself bopping my head to the tunes on more than one occasion. 'Awake' by Tycho is a case in point.
- Soundstage is so-so and nothing to write home about. Rather closed up.
- Build quality is like any other Vido. Perfectly fine for the price.
- I prefer the blue Vido & red Vido more. But for a buck and change, I can't think of a better alternative.
- Get it if you prioritize vocals over everything else or if you want to have ALL THE VIDOS :)

With the Mojo:
- Improves the soundstage perceptibly and gives a clearer sense of separation & imaging. I perceive more energy too.

With the iFi Zen DAC:
- Pairing sounds too laid back for my liking. Improves when PowerMatch is enabled.

In contrast, the black Vido is more balanced and sounds closer to my preferred SS. Vocals on the black Vido is just as nice as on the white. Bass is less in quantity but is more refined. No longer bloomy or thick sounding as the white. Mids are more apparent on the black. Things sound more detailed. However, I'm perceiving a significant channel imbalance in my pair of black Vido, so I've decided to stop listening and will get another pair to replace this one. But from what I can tell from my limited time with the pair I have, I like what I'm hearing. Should do well with some EQ in the subbass region and lower mids.

Again, for a buck and change, can't be beat.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    883.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #49,022 of 75,149
Aug 30, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #49,023 of 75,149
Aug 30, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #49,024 of 75,149
Aug 30, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #49,027 of 75,149
Aug 31, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #49,029 of 75,149
What is the sound trend of your Copper Silver Mixed Cable?
And what about the slightly bright treble of RY4S with your Copper Silver Mixed Cable?
I'm not good on describing sound, but I think it got good treble not bright with micro details and decent bass. I also don't think it is V shaped, cause the voices are not left behind.
But remember, I'm not good on describing sound 😸

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #49,032 of 75,149
Hi guys!

Recently got the ISN Rambo II. This is my first earbud and I am simply enjoying it! Source is my phone>sabaj da2>Rambo II

Are there any other highly recommended pairs?

First you need to write your favorite music genre.
Next, you need to write to how you feel when you listen to ISN Rambo II.
Then politely ask for recommendations.

Otherwise, everyone has no hint of what to recommend you even if they are willing to write.

Aug 31, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #49,033 of 75,149
First you need to write your favorite music genre.
Next, you need to write to how you feel when you listen to ISN Rambo II.
Then politely ask for recommendations.

Otherwise, everyone has no hint of what to recommend you even if they are willing to write.
agree, all helpful points of information but we can also just throw out highly recommended earbuds and let the conversation ensue? That way I can get my post count higher.... lol can't figure out how some of you have counts in the thousands.

Aug 31, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #49,034 of 75,149
Hi guys!

Recently got the ISN Rambo II. This is my first earbud and I am simply enjoying it! Source is my phone>sabaj da2>Rambo II

Are there any other highly recommended pairs?
You might already be aware of the Smabat s-10s. However, I prefer the Rambo 2's. The rambo's also eq really, really well so you can really dial in the sound you are looking for easily. Honestly, if you have the following earbuds, you should be set for a long time:

1. Rambo II
2. Yincrow rw-9
3. Monk lite 120 ohm
4. Nicehck me80

Aug 31, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #49,035 of 75,149
You might already be aware of the Smabat s-10s. However, I prefer the Rambo 2's. The rambo's also eq really, really well so you can really dial in the sound you are looking for easily. Honestly, if you have the following earbuds, you should be set for a long time:

1. Rambo II
2. Yincrow rw-9
3. Monk lite 120 ohm
4. Nicehck me80
Why do you prefer the Rambo 2 over the st10s if I may ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back